Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

On 12/27/2021 at 08:36, GhostlyGirl said:

My surgery is today, I am super nervous because this is my first real surgery. I’m excited for what’s to come and ready for this new life! Can’t wait to get this done, been chasing after this day for 8 months now. Wish me luck!

Well they had to postpone my surgery due to Covid causing staff shortages and I am kind of bummed about it. Now my date is January 10th but that’s not a for sure date yet.

33 minutes ago, armartin98 said:

I'm the same. However, I cannot drink that chicken broth, taste gross to me. I feel like I'm starving to death. I get my Protein, walking and 64 oz. in each day. Glad you're doing good.

Instead of chicken broth I did a chicken Bouillon square in hot Water. Tastes soooo much better. Lifesaver

12 hours ago, sagitluvu69 said:

Hi everyone, I had my surgery December 10, 2021 here in Fresno Ca by Dr HIga.

We’re surgery date twins!! I had mine in NJ within Dr Sadek

You gotta “hook up” the chicken broth. Add some garlic or onion powder or both. Add a pinch of sea salt. A little salt helped me to not feel so weak in the clear liquid phase. Don’t just think you have to only drink the broth as it is straight from the packaging. Best of luck!

I also had my surgery with Dr. Sadek in NJ on Dec 17th. I’m very impressed with the outcome so far. How are you doing? I’m down 13.5 lbs from 241 to 228. I’m already at a 6 day stall at 228. Where are you in the area.. I’m looking for ppl to eventually walk with or be active. I’m in Woodbridge.

21 minutes ago, Jai D said:

I also had my surgery with Dr. Sadek in NJ on Dec 17th. I’m very impressed with the outcome so far. How are you doing? I’m down 13.5 lbs from 241 to 228. I’m already at a 6 day stall at 228. Where are you in the area.. I’m looking for ppl to eventually walk with or be active. I’m in Woodbridge.

I’m in North Brunswick we can figure something out. We have very similar stats. Surgery date weight was 239, last I checked I was 227. I was told to only weigh once weekly fridays so I don’t get scale obsessed. I agree that the practice is very good and helpful. I really like the nutritionist I picked as well.

That would be awesome to have a bariatric friend nearby. Yes, I was told to only weigh in on Fridays too, but I just want to see the scale budge. Patience is my enemy lol. I will try my best to stop checking daily. You can text me at 347-620-4969 if you like.. just mention who you are when texting. This is just an app number that I use since I would never put my real number on here. We got this!

Edited by Jai D
Typo

Post op day 5 here (RNY 12/23) and doing well. This morning I felt a noticeable subsidence in abdominal pain. Still tired but having an easier time getting my liquids in. I can drink a little more normally now. Maybe the swelling from the surgery itself is subsiding. Also the surgery gas seems to be mostly resolved. I am doing ok in this two week liquids phase. But am looking very forward to phase 3!

Hello Dec 2nd surgery date (VSG) and now down 18 lbs since that day

Weight on day of surgery was 226, pre-op diet start was 232

Edited by NikoNiko

Hi, my surgery was on the 17th. Thankful I did it. Just had a follow up and excited to do puree food soon. Beyond over the liquid stage. Yet I do realize it is necessary!

Agree, I’m excited for every stage after liquids, however I will admit, I’ve added some purée foods in like applesauce, ricotta, and egg salad (deviled egg style) and I’m able to take it down, but I had to limit the egg whites. Im good with the yolk with some mustard & light mayo. I’m at a stall but I couldn’t go much longer with no real Protein sources. All I keep thinking about is having 1 chicken wing. I’m not good with rules which I have to do better with. I noticed that I wasn’t satiated with just the full liquids after the first few days. I officially start purée food this Friday and I’ll add in some of the more thick things like refried Beans & mashed potatoes if I can handle them.

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, iamsunflower2011 said:

How is that possible if the gas is in the cavity of the body and not in the intestines?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s not the normal gas that your body sometimes produces. Your abdomen is filled with gas during the surgery. Very painful.

7 hours ago, GhostlyGirl said:

Well they had to postpone my surgery due to Covid causing staff shortages and I am kind of bummed about it. Now my date is January 10th but that’s not a for sure date yet.

I had mine scheduled for today but they rescheduled it for tomorrow due to an emergency. After disinfecting my whole body and itching all night.. now I have to it all over again. I’m with you!