Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

See if your doc can prescribe some Tylenol with codeine and anti nausea meds

Finally!!! Dropped all the Water weight and down 4.5lb from surgery weight. 😁 everything is going great, I feel much better almost like I'm doing a cleanse. My joins don't hurt, brain fog feels lifted,I have the WANT so go do things, this amazing!

On 12/26/2021 at 06:16, armartin98 said:

I'm actually having a hard time. Not with the pain but with nausea and headaches. I'm thinking, what did I do to myself. I'm sure it will all be good later. Thanks for asking. How are you doing?

I would call your surgeons office and see if they can give you a few pills to help with the nausea. Mine gave me 45 of them and ai couldn’t have done this much without them

12/26/2021 04:12 AM, JeniPie said:

Had my surgery 12/15, recouping and still in pain. On the full liquid stage looking forward to the purée stage. Start weight 207, surgery weight 187, and todays weight 174. :) couldn’t be happier in starting a healthier 2022! Good luck everyone!

That’s great on the walk! I am really weak feeling today and the Protein Water was 3/4 Water I took one sip my body said No No so I’m not ready for that yet. I walk around my house we have a huge snow storm today but I have a Victorian so I’m able to get a lot of steps in pretty easy. I have two Siberian Husky’s that walk real slow with me it kind cute. I did get a binder before surgery and it is a game changer for sure. 

SW 227
Height 6’6
Day of surgery 210.5
Today 203.1

I had gastric by-pass on Dec 11 in the afternoon. That night I was in a bit of pain but nothing unbearable. It was more discomfort because I felt very bloated. I was moving around easily the next day (12th) so they sent me home. That first night home as soon as I was able to pass gas, I felt much better. I managed on extra strength Tylenol and only had to take it for the first 3 days. After that, no more pain. I have no nausea and no pain. I’m eating fine and drinking fine. I had diarrhea once on the second day home but I’ve been fine after that.

it’s weird, I feel good. I don’t have any discomfort or nausea. Am I just lucky??

Anyone else feeling great?

By the way, I lost 16 lbs pre-op while on the prep shakes and down a total of 27.4 lbs as of this morning. :)

3 minutes ago, Elle_1720 said:

it’s weird, I feel good. I don’t have any discomfort or nausea. Am I just lucky?? 

Anyone else feeling great? 

I had my sleeve done 12/9 and was out hiking this afternoon. I’m chewing thoroughly and have had no issues with any soft foods I’ve tried. I have one incision site that is a bit uncomfortable at times, but other than that, feels too good to be true only 2 weeks out. For those getting ready, or a few days post op, hang in there. It gets better. I was singing a whole different tune for the first few days.

Bypass 12/23. I can’t say I am feeling “great” yet but all things considered I am doing pretty good. Better than my hysterectomy on post op day 3. I switched to only Tylenol today for pain control and it is working to keep me fairly comfortable. My abdomen is sore for sure and this belly band has been a life saver. I am tolerating liquids fine. Problem is getting enough in to stay hydrated. Two post op issues are constant cough/post nasal drip and Constipation. Coughing hurts the belly for sure! Hope it goes away soon.

12/13 for me. I have been wondering if it is a fluke that I’ve done so well. No nausea. No pain. Getting my Fluid and Protein and Vitamins. Hoping my good luck continues.

Me too! I hope it continues too. A good friend of mine had a lot of nausea, headaches and bad gas so I was really worried but I can’t say I’ve had any of that.

i do get hungry but get full fast. I feel like I’m not drinking enough Water though and I can’t get through 2 high Protein Shakes a day as recommended as I dislike the taste. I haven’t drank milk on over 3 years but these shakes are milk based so they taste awful to me.

15 hours ago, Ngotsleeved said:

Hi all,

I am new. I was sleeved in Turkey on December 20th.

Back home now and still thinking about food, I am putting this down to it being Christmas and there being so much in the house.

I am still sore from surgery but feel better every single day.

Hi. I was sleeved in Mexico in the 10th. What was your experience?

1 hour ago, dollydoodle71 said:

12/13 for me. I have been wondering if it is a fluke that I’ve done so well. No nausea. No pain. Getting my Fluid and Protein and Vitamins. Hoping my good luck continues.

Yay that’s great. I was sleeved 12/10. I probably felt good after the 18th. Never had nausea either. Moved into mushy foods (pureed) with no issue. Hoping it gets better for us all.

I had my surgery on12/09/2021, I was taken off clear liquid on 12/16/2021. I am currently on stage 2 puréed, but have a hard time getting my Protein and 64 0z of Water in daily, I am also having a hard time going to the bathroom. Wishing everyone good luck on this journey.