Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

Heading to the hospital at 5 AM tomorrow for my Sleeve - a bit nervous the preop nurse said since I am allergic to all pain meds they aren’t sure what they will give me. Bringing liquid Tylenol just to be safe! Here we go December surgery family!

8 hours ago, huskymama said:

Heading to the hospital at 5 AM tomorrow for my Sleeve - a bit nervous the preop nurse said since I am allergic to all pain meds they aren’t sure what they will give me. Bringing liquid Tylenol just to be safe! Here we go December surgery family!

Hopefully your pain won’t be bad. Walk around and move your arms as much as you can afterwards to get the gas out. I had lidocaine for pain, but I asked for it to be taken away the next day because I think it was making me feel nauseous. After that I had Tylenol for a couple of days. The liquid Tylenol they had at the hospital was super nasty tasting, so I stopped the tylenol too. All the best to you on your surgery tomorrow.

Hello all of my December mates,

This is my first post. I am eight days post-op. Hence, I had my surgery on 12/15/21.

Today, I was able to have soft food for the first time since surgery date. Guess what? I ate an egg! It was a most delicious and glorious scrambled egg. Probably the best one I have ever eaten.

Looking forward to the next one.

Wishing you all the very best luck on your surgeries and subsequent recoveries.

Question y’all I’m like 16 days post op I’m still on liquids but does anyone get a sharp pain in their upper abdomen when they sip? It doesn’t happen all the time and only lasts like 3 seconds but my god it hurts so bad lol

1 minute ago, Karimor98 said:

Question y’all I’m like 16 days post op I’m still on liquids but does anyone get a sharp pain in their upper abdomen when they sip? It doesn’t happen all the time and only lasts like 3 seconds but my god it hurts so bad lol

Occasionally I have a heavy/tight feeling there there - almost feels like trapped gas to me but I can’t burp it out. Finding gas-x and smaller sips helping so far.

Mines is December 27th

My surgery was 12/13. I am still on liquids until next Monday. I was initially king of bummed that I would be on liquids through the holidays but now I see the blessing it has been. My office has chocolate everywhere. We had chicken wings for lunch and I came home to a house smelling of sugar Cookies from my family baking all day. If I was not confined to liquids, I know there would be a lot of “tastes” that would add up to a lot of calories.

Had my preop appointment today and I’m super SAD they aren’t allowing any visitors in before or after surgery. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and I’m more nervous than ever knowing my husband won’t be there when I finally wake up.

Hello , I had my surgery on 12/20. Since my surgery, I am now having headaches and high blood pressure. Has anyone experienced headaches?

Newbie here. Post op. 12/7/21 surgery date. Feeling good overall. I did have a question about birth control after. I started my period overnight and I haven’t yet gotten back on the progestin only pill ( was on that for years due to my high blood pressure which has since fallen back into normal range woo boo) but I’m wondering if okay to restart? My doc appt to discuss my bp readings isn’t until 1/6 so not sure if I should just wait or not. Periods have always been whacky and annoying for me.

I got to take Tylenol which is hard with very little Water. The dry mouth was terrible and the pain today is horrific. My surgeon came in I told him I had buyer remorse he said everyone does until they start dropping weight and feeling better good luck everyone

Surgery date is 12/27.

I’m getting the Gastric Sleeve

I’m nervous and excited, I’m ready for the big changes that are to come.