Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

28 minutes ago, Karimor98 said:

I’ve asked the office for clarification a few times, but Clear Liquids is all I’m “allowed”. I’m sure he knows best but I’ve seen people on week 2 already on soft foods :(

Ugh I hope the doctor has a reason for the torture. You’re probably losing faster than most. I just hope you’re feeling alright with what you can consume.

I had my surgery December 14. And my stomach never tolerated pain medication. I had to deal with the pain. I just don't feel hungry and sometimes I still feel somewhat nauseous.

On 12/19/2021 at 19:46, Maymay21 said:

Ugh I hope the doctor has a reason for the torture. You’re probably losing faster than most. I just hope you’re feeling alright with what you can consume.

I have an appointment with my nutritionist and I’m trying to be a compliant patient but I’m just so frustrated lol i hope she tells me good news tomorrow. Hopefully I can eat some mashed potatoes or something soon 😭

1 hour ago, Liz_martin said:

I had my surgery December 14. And my stomach never tolerated pain medication. I had to deal with the pain. I just don't feel hungry and sometimes I still feel somewhat nauseous.

I had mines on the 14th as well. I also had a hard time with the pain medication but my dr prescribed new ones that were more effective. I have absolutely no appetite either and I am also still feeling really nauseous. My dr says it’s part of the process…I’m getting so discouraged though bc I can’t get my fluids in and I can’t get my Protein in.

I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve on 12/27/21

I am scared and nervous . Anyone getting second thoughts?

On 12/19/2021 at 22:30, Northfilly17 said:

12/17/21 was my surgery and I know it's only been 2 days but I'm up 7LB from my surgery date 😣 is this normal..?

Hi! I believe it is normal, when you get discharged you leave 7-8 lbs heavier because they have pumped you with so much Fluid. It happened to me but it has come off already for me and I’m day 14

On 12/19/2021 at 22:35, Scorpio9292 said:

I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve on 12/27/21

I am scared and nervous . Anyone getting second thoughts?

It okay to scared and nervous but the procedure itself is so easy. It will be over before you know it. Pain wise you’ll have little to none.

32 minutes ago, Northfilly17 said:

12/17/21 was my surgery and I know it's only been 2 days but I'm up 7LB from my surgery date 😣 is this normal..?

My doctor warned me about that before I left the hospital. He said to not weigh until day 4 then weigh daily, and report any two pound gain to the office before my first check up

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to know how to prepare post op surgery.
My surgery is on the 27 of this month.

I have already purchased my Vitamins . What else should I buy . food, gadgets, any items that I might need.

My sleeve date is Dec 21st! I’ve been reading blogs and watching vlogs of other peoples bariatric sleeve journey. They’ve been quite informative about the struggles of the first couples of weeks and the successes. I’m excited to learn new ways of eating as my mindset about food is already changing.

On 12/18/2021 at 06:55, armartin98 said:

My surgery is Dec. 22nd as well. However, I was put on the 16 day liver shrinking diet which is no fat, sugar or bread. I've cheated a little with having Beans and croutons. My terror is me thinking of that girl who went in to surgery and came out un-sleeved because her liver was too big. So that helps me stay more on track. HaHa. My liquid diet starts Monday for 2 day before surgery. I feel for you and good luck.

I cheated on some chicken and I have had some creamy Soup. But the past few days I have stuck to the liquid. We are almost there!

On 12/19/2021 at 22:20, Jae Elle said:

My sleeve date is Dec 21st! I’ve been reading blogs and watching vlogs of other peoples bariatric sleeve journey. They’ve been quite informative about the struggles of the first couples of weeks and the successes. I’m excited to learn new ways of eating as my mindset about food is already changing.

Same here. Great YouTube videos out there thank goodness it really has helped me out

Weird question - I am getting the sleeve on the 22nd and I have Invisalign braces. They have little pegs they attach to the teeth to hold them on. I’ll be done next week and I want my orthodontist to take them out today - he is telling me I don’t need to for my surgery. I don’t really care and just am done with them and it’s only one week early. Anyone else have these before surgery? Did they make you remove the pegs? I have a call into my surgeon just curious if anyone else had this experience thanks!