Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

12 hours ago, Maymay21 said:

Mariela94

Day 4 post opt. I couldn’t do the milk type Protein Shakes at all. My nutritionist had me buy the Premier Protein clear, and had me dilute significantly with Water and ice. Life saver. I started strained cream of chicken and that was filling for lunch. Tonight I had a little chicken buillon cube in 8 ounces of hot Water. I have not been able to nearly finish any of these but I don’t feel weak anymore. The pain for me was gone yesterday. My doctor said I shouldn’t be in constant pain. Sudden gas pain was normal. When I hiccup, I swear I’m gonna pass out from the sharp pain.

I'm having trouble sleeping, too. Which is crazy, because the only thing I enjoyed more than eating was sleeping. 😂

My surgery is tomorrow afternoon (Dec16) Definitely nervous yet excited a little. Its been a long process since March to finally get here. I am not telling many people just my kids and 1 other friend. Yet my 24 yr old daughter accidentally told my ex. She thought I said I was going to tell him. Too many people would not understand or be judgemental. Prayers and Hugs

December 7th for me! And a hiatal hernia repair . I was under the impression the hernia repair would be the easiest part of recovery, but it’s actually been the most uncomfortable. The sleeve itself was not nearly as scary or hard to recover from as I thought it would be. The first week has been hard but it’s gets so much easier each day!!

Hello everyone! Awesome to find an online community for this :). My surgery (sleeve) was scheduled last minute for 12/20/21. I'm excited; but worried because I was only given 9 days to follow the liquid pre-op diet. Today would be beginning day 6, and I'm only down 4lbs. Will that be enough? I've read the expectation is between 10-15 lbs and I've heard if the liver hasn't shrunk surgery can be cancelled. Are these valid concerns or am I worrying for nothing? I hope everything is going well for you all-Happy Holidays!

8 minutes ago, Tawny0528 said:

Hello everyone! Awesome to find an online community for this :). My surgery (sleeve) was scheduled last minute for 12/20/21. I'm excited; but worried because I was only given 9 days to follow the liquid pre-op diet. Today would be beginning day 6, and I'm only down 4lbs. Will that be enough? I've read the expectation is between 10-15 lbs and I've heard if the liver hasn't shrunk surgery can be cancelled. Are these valid concerns or am I worrying for nothing? I hope everything is going well for you all-Happy Holidays!

Tawny, I'd say you are over worrying. You are doing an excellent job - stay focused on that all liquid diet and if you are extremely concerned about your system being free from all items... you can always head over to Walmart, cvs, walgreens and pick up that pre-op stuff to clear your system. They are aware of the short notice!

Bottom Line... Deep Breaths! You got this.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, ShrinkingUnicorn said:

I feel this. I’m 2 weeks post op and can barely get in my Protein which is only 300 cals. Doing anything is exhausting. I’m not sure if it’s that way for others. Good luck with your surgery

You're definitely not alone! I'm 2 weeks post-op too. I'm having a hard time with the Protein and getting enough as well. And I'm eternally running out of energy. I used to do 10k steps a day at work + all the physical duties. And here I can barely go a few minutes of doing something and I have to sit down for a while and catch my breath.

I'm looking forward to when I can add in meat etc - I'm hoping it'll help with my protein intake and my strength.

1 minute ago, AIM said:

You're definitely not alone! I'm 2 weeks post-op too. I'm having a hard time with the Protein and getting enough as well. And I'm eternally running out of energy. I used to do 10k steps a day at work + all the physical duties. And here I can barely go a few minutes of doing something and I have to sit down for a while and catch my breath.

I'm looking forward to when I can add in meat etc - I'm hoping it'll help with my Protein intake and my strength.

AIM, at about 2 weeks post op, I consulted with my team (Surgeon, PA, + NUT) and I started mashed foods and pureed meat added to that mashed food.

I've been on that same regiment for the last two weeks and will continue to do so (I agreed) for the next month.

Talk to your NUT about adding in avocado, soft meats - not much more in quantity but spaced out (ie, not 3 square meals).