Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

Hey December surgery buddies :)
I’m having mine on 1st December! So excited but also nervous. It’s been such a long time coming.
I know the next year will be a challenge but I’m ready for it!
Hope you’re all feeling good about your surgery’s

Hi. I am having my gastric bypass on the same day 12/22/21 in Stuart Florida. Do you realize our date is a palindrome kinda. Anyway. I wish you well. I’m struggling to get my insurance company to approve my cardiac clearance testing because they say they don’t know why I’m having it even though my primary sent the referral explaining why and the cardiologist and sent in his notes. It is there requirement that I get the clearance for surgery but won’t approve it. I’m afraid I’m going to have to pay out of pocket in order to have it done in time for surgery. I’ve called multiple times spoke to multiple people but the same outcome. Any advice

Hi everyone, I am new to Bariatric Pal. I just got my surgery date for December 8th. My last meal was Thanksgiving and I lost a pound even though I ate. Today is day one of my pre-op liquid diet. I am so ready for the surgery. I am having the Ruen-Y. The count down is on.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, Lem32 said:

Me!!!! December 8th!!! I am so excited, but kinda nervous if I can actually do this. You know make all the changes needed. Anyone else?

My surgery is December 17th in Mexico at OCC( Obesity Control Center ). I have been reading a lot on here and I'm noticing a lot of variances as to when people start their liquid diets. I was instructed liquid diet for 2 days prior to surgery but some of you are on the liquid for up to a month..... SHeesh!! Anyone know why?

20 minutes ago, Northfilly17 said:

My surgery is December 17th in Mexico at OCC( Obesity Control Center ). I have been reading a lot on here and I'm noticing a lot of variances as to when people start their liquid diets. I was instructed liquid diet for 2 days prior to surgery but some of you are on the liquid for up to a month..... SHeesh!! Anyone know why?

I was told I have to start a special "liver shrinking diet" 2 weeks before. My doctor prescribes for everyone, not just me. Then liquid diet 2 days before. Good you don't have to do the 2 week before.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:45 PM, armartin98 said:

I got my surgery date for the sleeve for December 22, 2021 in Sebastian, Florida. Let's get through the pre stuff together.

My date is December 8th! I am in Columbus, Indiana

10 hours ago, LalaTaylor said:

Hi. I am having my gastric bypass on the same day 12/22/21 in Stuart Florida. Do you realize our date is a palindrome kinda. Anyway. I wish you well. I’m struggling to get my insurance company to approve my cardiac clearance testing because they say they don’t know why I’m having it even though my primary sent the referral explaining why and the cardiologist and sent in his notes. It is there requirement that I get the clearance for surgery but won’t approve it. I’m afraid I’m going to have to pay out of pocket in order to have it done in time for surgery. I’ve called multiple times spoke to multiple people but the same outcome. Any advice

I never realized our date is a palindrome. Ha. I don't know anything about clearances. My insurance has a big deductible so I'm mostly paying for it anyway. I wish you luck as well. Maybe others on here can help you.

11 minutes ago, armartin98 said:

I never realized our date is a palindrome. Ha. I don't know anything about clearances. My insurance has a big deductible so I'm mostly paying for it anyway. I wish you luck as well. Maybe others on here can help you.

Be very intentional with the cardiac clearance. My nightmares started with that.

I was sent for cardiac ""clearance", but ended up with a PA who decided to go full diagnostic despite my having no symptoms. First, she said I was probably lying that I didn't have any symptoms. She gave me 2 MISdiagnoses and put me on a drug that would've killed me had I kept taking it. She required I undergo a test that almost killed me, then demanded I get an angiogram. She refused to allow me to see an actual certified cardiologist. No cardiologist ever examined me. Then, this PA completely reversed herself 180 degrees, said I was ok to have surgery after all. This PA also failed to get the proper info to insurance/billing so I could even get an estimate for all this BS for over 4 weeks! Her completely incompetent handling of everything from the paperwork to the tests to the misdiagnoses cost me over 4 months of time and agonizing stress, thinking I was dying of heart disease. I also have snapshots of the monitors from the tests and the data from the test, and the actual numbers is not what this PA wrote up in her reports to justify all her crazy ideas. She changed my data to fit her narrative and plan for more and more expensive tests/procedures.

Thank God my GP ended up getting me in to see a real doctor/cardiologist--this took an additional 6 weeks--and the only way to completely negate all the erroneous hunches and bogus guesses the PA had loaded onto my chart was to have an angiogram that proved the PA had been wrong about everything. She literally risked my life 3 separate times and caused harm. My cardiologist said to me twice that the PA "...screwed you, she really screwed you."

But of course, me, my husband and our insurance still have to pay for the over $35K in bogus tests/appointments/procedures despite them being completely unnecessary and dangerous.

It is scary that we have no control over who is calling the shots and how much of our "program" is just to bring in extra dollars for the hospital.

Hey December friends! I made a Facebook group for us December folks: VSG Gastric Sleeve December 2021
I would love for you all to join! 💙

13 minutes ago, Jensvsg said:

Hey December friends! I made a Facebook group for us December folks: VSG Gastric Sleeve December 2021

Done!

18 minutes ago, Jensvsg said:

Joined 😄

On 11/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ash45 said:

Hey! I will. What kind of pre op diet are you on? I’m getting a little nervous as it gets closer 😣

liquids for 7 days. :(

I can't find the "VSG Gastric Sleeve..." Facebook group--the link takes me directly to the giant bariatric pal facebook group/page-?