Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Oh hun! I feel you! 2 days before my surgery I became so overwhelmed with anxiety and fear. I almost cancelled. I was so afraid! 4 days post op now and I had absolutely nothing to be afraid of. I'm relatively pain free and off my pain meds. I'm able to walk around and climb stairs. I'm tolerating my pure liquid diet and looking forward to when I can move on to puree! The pre surgery jitters are normal. Try and not think about it, you're going to do great!

On 10/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, cheryl o said:

im the first of Nov. Im trying to figure out how im gonna survive my liquid diet next week.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on Nov. 1 also. How are you doing?

My surgery was on Nov. 1, 2021 with Dr. Christina Li in Baltimore, MD. Start pureed stage tomorrow. Down 12 lbs so far. No regrets!

26 minutes ago, ForMyOhana said:

Thank you. I think it's the finality of it that kinda scares me. But I know it's necessary.

yup! same! I was worried about never getting to enjoy sitting down to a huge meal again and just enjoying everything that comes with it. Scary but I'm also so sick and tired of being fat so it's a trade off I can accept, especially since my geurin hormone or whatever it is has been removed, maybe I won't be craving it as much.

For me, I've had covid twice, once after the phizer. After the second time, I developed an arrhythmia that effects me about 2 days per week. My primary and my cardiologist both suggested this for me. I'm very overweight, so losing weight will be a bonus. But fixing the arrhythmia is my goal first.

Hi all

first time visit, I had my surgery 9 November, Sydney Australia! Have struggled with the Protein Drinks, everything is so sweet!

have been having chicken broth and today had the liquid of beef Pho, it was amazing!

Have tried to get a couple of walks around the block, but just get so tired.

well anyway, thanks

i had gastric sleeve on Nov. 3 so i am 11 days out and all has gone as it should. Hospital stay was fine, I felt prepared for what was ahead at home with the 2 wk Clear Liquids. I am getting my fluids in but after a couple of days i could not stomach the sweetness of the Protein Shakes and did not tolerate the sodium in the Protein drinks (yuk) so I have experimented with making shakes and having broth ect. Walks have been good, try to get a minimum of 3500 steps but I have what i call high energy and low energy days which, I imagine ,is expected on how few calories we are taking in. Very much looking forward to 2 wk appt and start on soft foods.

SO wondering if anyone else who is a couple wks out has had this happen? I was starting my morning - nothing by mouth as yet. Took my first sip of tea (decaf) and was struck with a horrific chest pain that was moving up and down and to my back. I couldn't belch or slow breath through it. I didn't think I had gulped but must have swallowed air. I ended up gagging and spitting up bile . Then pain gone. Lasted 3 or 4 minutes but frightening. Any thoughts? Don't want to experience that again. I do need to slow down........

Hi guys!! I get sleeved on the 29th. The nerves are finally settling in lol. I’m most afraid of being put to sleep. This is my first surgery since I was a toddler so I don’t know what to expect.

Hello! Had my sleeve 9th November, doing fairly well so far but finding it hard to get in my liquid and Protein - something works for me and I try again and can't seem to tolerate. Guess it's all trial and error though.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2021 at 3:37 PM, cx_wife said:

Hello, I’m having surgery with Dr Minkin in St. Louis on November 11. I’m ready for everything physical that comes with surgery but I’m still mentally working through food addiction issues with a therapist. I’m so excited for the future athletic/sport benefits to be had!

Best of luck to everyone!

AS per name my surgery was November 11 two years ago.. I know this is an exciting time for you . Good luck !!! BEFOREDUO.jpg.16f5ed63a54ea6d282219919f8b809cb.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 9:43 AM, Kimberly Ruediger said:

Me too😊

Hey Kimberly, Good Luck for tomorrow. I hope you're ready for this new journey ahead. I wish you all the best to come outta th surgery with flying colors. 🤗🤗

And anyone else who may be scheduled for tomorrow or late in the month. Good Luck to all of us. 🥳