Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Just a quick update. Been hitting the pavement and getting a lot of steps in this month. Averaging 8000 steps per day for the month of may. Still trying to drink a ton as well. I followed up last week's minus 4 with another minus 5 this week! Very excited that I found a formula that broke 3 weeks of minus 1 losses. I didn't want to put this out there at first because I felt it was too much of a brag... but I decided that some people might benefit and be motivated to change things up if they need to try to break their stall! Good luck everyone!

Oh well done - that's an amazing loss over 2 weeks.

I just came to see how everyone was getting along - we're all at the 6 month stage more or less - can you believe it?! I hit 6 months on Tuesday with a BMI of just under 28, weighing 13st 7lbs, and with 29lbs to go to my goal. I'm still eating around 1000 calories a day during the week and about 1200 at weekends. Walking (really fast walking) for exercise. I'm still losing about 2lbs at week at this point and so happy with that. I'm living in fear of my hunger returning in full force now. My stomach can hold noticeably more food than even a couple of months ago, although I don't push it at all. Still eating 3 small meals a day with a couple of Snacks in between, and a couple of glasses of wine on Friday and/or Saturday night. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

Edited by Spinoza

I just hit 6 months over the weekend.

111lbs down so far.

just really looking forward to getting in the 200s. I do feel like the restriction is far less in terms of what I can stomach now so it take a little more determination, but it does absolutely prevent any kind of binge, which is great.

I agree on the volume going up a bit, but knowing when to stop is key. I hit 284 with my weigh in yesterday... that's -119 overall. Very happy. My arrhythmia is down to once per month which is amazing. And I'm finding that I can be much more active. I competed with my coworkers during May to count steps. I was able to log and average 0ver 10,000 steps per day over the entire month. I took a break last week, but I'm ready to get back to some walking this week.

See you next in the 270's 😁👍

Oh nice to see these updates! Now 6.75 months post-op, 13st 0lbs and dying to see 12 something on the scale for the first time in many years. Still on 1000-1200 calories a day and still walking for exercise. I focus more on speed than distance (exercise more than activity). Still losing pretty much 2lbs every week, allowing for the odd stall. Life at 182lbs is GOOD.

Finally hit my halfway mark. 138 down since 11/19/21 135 ish to go!

On 6/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, Valboosky said:

I just hit 6 months over the weekend.

111lbs down so far.

just really looking forward to getting in the 200s. I do feel like the restriction is far less in terms of what I can stomach now so it take a little more determination, but it does absolutely prevent any kind of binge, which is great.

Sometimes I feel barely no restriction and other days it's so tight it hurts.

I am also in my 7th month mark and finished 6 months end of May. After scale moving for a month, it's back to stalling yet again 😩😆

Looks like my stalls will come on more frequently as I get closer to the goal. So nothing to worry as long as it keeps moving down. Still want to lose another 40. If not that, at least 30 more to feel comfortable in my shoes.

I think I may need to increase my calories possibly since I am still hovering around 900ish. I am thinking to go 800ish again. Either that or it's gotta go above 1000 to 1100ish. But it's difficult to get that much food in. Sigh. It seems like I would have to eat all the time which I dislike. But I think I'll have to do it if lessening the calories doesn't work.

I think stalls happen when body gets too comfortable with certain calories so I think upping is the key but I get petrified of increasing calories and stopping the weight loss.

Anyhow, Let's see how far along I go.

Honestly - having studied it scientifically as best I can, I think that stalls just happen randomly and then just end - also randomly. They're part of all significant weight loss journeys. Upping or downing: calories; protein; water; exercise (including type or intensity of exercise) might coincide with a renewed loss but it's not likely to be the cause. Keep doing what you're doing and you will keep losing weight until you're done. Yes, more slowly and then MUCH more slowly, as you approach goal. I've had the same calorie intake for the last 4 months, and more or less the same level of exercise. I'm losing approx 2lbs per week but not at all in a linear fashion. Average it all out, keep on keeping on, and you'll be fine. You'll lose until you stop losing. :93_punch: You have done amazingly well @DaisyAndSunshine

Edited by Spinoza

22 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Honestly - having studied it scientifically as best I can, I think that stalls just happen randomly and then just end - also randomly. They're part of all significant weight loss journeys. Upping or downing: calories; protein; water; exercise (including type or intensity of exercise) might coincide with a renewed loss but it's not likely to be the cause. Keep doing what you're doing and you will keep losing weight until you're done. Yes, more slowly and then MUCH more slowly, as you approach goal. I've had the same calorie intake for the last 4 months, and more or less the same level of exercise. I'm losing approx 2lbs per week but not at all in a linear fashion. Average it all out, keep on keeping on, and you'll be fine. You'll lose until you stop losing. :93_punch: You have done amazingly well @DaisyAndSunshine

Yeh I really don't know how stalls and breaking of stalls function no matter how much I read on it LMAO. Though upping calories is a lot of work for me if I adhere to my diet guidelines. I don't want to feel like I am continuously eating throughout the day just to up my calories. I think I'll stick to whatever calories I can consume comfortably without pressuring myself to increase or decrease. Average for me also about 2ish Lbs/week but that includes all the weight I have lost in the first 6 months. Though, I have noticed that every other month I stall or lose slowly. So may be that's the pattern for myself, which again is fine as long as it is spiralling downwards. Just hope I don't stop anytime soon lol. I still have tons of inches especially in the middle which need to come off to a reasonable amount for my body to look symmetrical. Anyhow, let's see how my body progresses. It's good to keep this thread updated to see how everyone is doing.

Just checking in again. 7 months for me today. Total loss of 95lbs - 25 pre-op and 70 (5st) in the 7 months since surgery. Brain is still trying to catch up with body, LOL. BMI is 26.7 and weight 181lbs. All good, sticking to the plan pretty much the same as the last few months. Bad diet day today for some reason, culminating in white bread toast for supper (now sitting in my stomach like a ball of lead). Hoping to lose a bit more before commencing maintenance - 21lbs actually, so need to stop with the toast crap!

Edited by Spinoza

Finally a BMI of 29 and under 30. No more Obese. Just walking the path as an overweight individual. 😂

OMG D&S I am so so happy for you. I know what that means and I know how hard you have worked to get here. Onwards and downwards - as long as we can. :99_muscle::99_muscle:

Congrats on your wl, you are doing great. I’m 7 months post bariatric revision and have lost 79lbs to date. I’m officially stalling been 180-181 for almost 3 weeks now. This is longest stall I’ve had and starting to wonder if I’m done losing?? Got a couple more months to go to reach a year and my projected wl is 100lbs.. I hope this stall breaks this week!!!

It's so hard to say what is a stall and what is the end of the line for weight loss, isn't it? Are you sticking to your program? If you are I suspect it might be one of those horribly long stalls and I really hope it ends soon. NOW in fact! I have a year in my head too to reach my goal but there are lads of people who keep losing at a lower rate well into the second year.