Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

On 3/18/2022 at 8:12 AM, Peonie said:

I had my four month appointment on Wednesday, now 85lb down, 15 points on my BMI and completely reversed the diabetes that was starting to kick in. I am so happy!

Well done to everyone, we're all doing great.

Ooh I’m so excited for you!! Thats amazing :)

Reversing (onset) diabetes has got to be one of the best non scale victories!! ❤️

51 minutes ago, Arancini said:

Am I reading this right? You lost 161lbs in 4 months? 😱

LMFAO Noooooo! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I would be dead with that kinda # 🤣

May be I worded it wrong lol. I meant I am down to 161.6, that's my current weight. You can see my #s in my profile. Heighest weight 234. Surgery weight 210. And at the end of 4 months 161.6. I had only lost about 7 pounds in the month of Feb and basically was on the slower side of weight loss hence 13 pounds last month has been pretty good for my pace.

Fab to hear your update @DaisyAndSunshine 13lbs is so inspiring - to you and everyone here! I've lost 10 or 11lbs a month for the last 3 months now. Not expecting things to stay at that rate but it's pretty sweet while it lasts. We've lost a similar amount and have a similar way to go. Bring it on! :93_punch:

My main issue remains getting enough fluids would you believe. I get hungry and eat without thinking that I will need an hour (more usually) afterwards to let that settle so I can drink. And then I get hungry again and have to eat RIGHT NOW. I have tried loads of different strategies but I think my work is to blame - it's so busy and immersive that my coffee goes cold and my water bottle just sits there. What I often end up doing is drinking two or three glasses of diet coke after my evening meal and before my supper - I seem to have no problem getting *that* in! :lol:

2 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Fab to hear your update @DaisyAndSunshine 13lbs is so inspiring - to you and everyone here! I've lost 10 or 11lbs a month for the last 3 months now. Not expecting things to stay at that rate but it's pretty sweet while it lasts. We've lost a similar amount and have a similar way to go. Bring it on! :93_punch:

My main issue remains getting enough fluids would you believe. I get hungry and eat without thinking that I will need an hour (more usually) afterwards to let that settle so I can drink. And then I get hungry again and have to eat RIGHT NOW. I have tried loads of different strategies but I think my work is to blame - it's so busy and immersive that my coffee goes cold and my water bottle just sits there. What I often end up doing is drinking two or three glasses of diet coke after my evening meal and before my supper - I seem to have no problem getting *that* in! :lol:

I have the same problem with coffee. I don’t drink fast enough now and I hate cold coffee. So I got an Ember Mug. It was expensive but it is amazing. Piping hot coffee all morning long. And I am saving a fortune on the Starbucks below where I work. So I feel it paid for itself. Congrats to everyone on the dedication. I haven’t had many issues this last month. My weight loss has slowed down but I am flirting with hitting 199 lbs which will be a huge mental milestone dropping out of the 200s.

3 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Have you tried a Crystal Light or one of the other flavor enhancers? Sometimes I struggle to down plain Water, but I'm able to drink these more easily. I also up the water with the Protein Shakes. I blend the Protein shakes with ice, and that makes another 20oz (and makes the shakes less sweet).

Awesome results all around. How many calories are you all eating at this time? Meals per day? I haven't found my groove yet.

I also struggle with straight Water. I have read tha alkaline water is easier... but I don't like to pay for it. When my costco has it, I buy a case of the Gatorade Zero with Protein and then dilute it 50/50 with water to stretch the pennies and also get more Fluid in.

4 and 1/2 months out from surgery plus my 1 week prep ... I'm down 97 lbs.

I'm at a point where I've been at this weight a couple times in my adult life. What will be interesting and probably weird... is how I will look and feel after another 5 or 6 months when I'm back to weights closer to high school and college.

7 hours ago, Spinoza said:

drinking two or three glasses of diet coke

Does the carbonation not bother you?

And Yassssss to having lost similar and similar remaining goal #. Hope we get there without going too crazy 😂

And 10 to 11 pounds for remaining time sounds goodie good at least till we reach the BMI of 28ish. I am sure it'll slow down as we crawl closer to normal BMI.

On 4/2/2022 at 6:52 PM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Does the carbonation not bother you?

And Yassssss to having lost similar and similar remaining goal #. Hope we get there without going too crazy 😂

And 10 to 11 pounds for remaining time sounds goodie good at least till we reach the BMI of 28ish. I am sure it'll slow down as we crawl closer to normal BMI.

I stir out all the fizz and drink it pretty much flat. Even with that there are immediate burps - sometimes very impressive ones :lol:

On 4/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, gmast99 said:

I have the same problem with coffee. I don’t drink fast enough now and I hate cold coffee. So I got an Ember Mug. It was expensive but it is amazing. Piping hot coffee all morning long. And I am saving a fortune on the Starbucks below where I work. So I feel it paid for itself. Congrats to everyone on the dedication. I haven’t had many issues this last month. My weight loss has slowed down but I am flirting with hitting 199 lbs which will be a huge mental milestone dropping out of the 200s.

Oh wow I've looked that up and it looks amazing - thank you! I do use a travel mug when I remember but even that doesn't save me from big gulps of lukewarm coffee when I forget how long it's been sitting there.

On 4/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, Pete-TheTimeIsNow said:

Have you tried a Crystal Light or one of the other flavor enhancers? Sometimes I struggle to down plain Water, but I'm able to drink these more easily. I also up the Water with the Protein Shakes. I blend the Protein shakes with ice, and that makes another 20oz (and makes the shakes less sweet).

Awesome results all around. How many calories are you all eating at this time? Meals per day? I haven't found my groove yet.

Thank you and thanks to ForMyOhana - I am an idiot for not thinking of this myself - I *know* that I drink flavoured water much quicker - doing that from tomorrow. :295_rose:

Edited to add - I am on around 1000 - 1100 calories a day now. Maybe a bit more at the weekend when I have a glass of wine.

And I am on 4-6 small meals or Snacks a day now, very variable. I always make up my calories at the end of the day so I'l have cheese or hummus or nut butter if I haven't got to 1000 by bedtime. Protein is no problem because I like to snack on deli meat or meat I cook myself and cut up for my tub in the fridge. I have a meat tub AND a cheese tub, LOL.

Edited by Spinoza

Oh I went looking for our thread and I can't believe it was on PAGE 3!!! Outrageous!

Updates please?

I'm doing well - have hit a bit of a stall for the last two weeks but I had one coming. Hoping to see the scales move again soon - I have more to lose!

Feeling great, walking really fast these days for exercise and actually broke into a trot a few times recently - do you think I could run again? I would SO love that - I told my surgeon that when he asked what my main goal for WLS was.

Edited to add - and it sounded completely ridiculous then, but not so much now...:D

Edited by Spinoza
addition

2 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

Oh I went looking for our thread and I can't believe it was on PAGE 3!!! Outrageous!

Updates please?

I'm doing well - have hit a bit of a stall for the last two weeks but I had one coming. Hoping to see the scales move again soon - I have more to lose!

Feeling great, walking really fast these days for exercise and actually broke into a trot a few times recently - do you think I could run again? I would SO love that - I told my surgeon that when he asked what my main goal for WLS was.

Edited to add - and it sounded completely ridiculous then, but not so much now...:D

Things here are going really well. I can eat whatever I want but only a little. I am tolerating sugars and fats better. Veggies and fruit are still the safest to eat. I have been stalled for a month which is fine. Still not down to the 190s yet. But I feel great and I look good. My friends and coworkers tell me that I am still losing weight just the scale is slow to catch up. I am definitely still losing inches. I am using a ton of lotion trying to keep my skin as hydrated as possible and hoping it will not look to flabby when all is said and done. My scars are still very visible but there is not much that can be done about that. Still no regrets.

@Spinoza

@gmast99

I am right there with you two, in a stall 😂

This month was slow to begin with and now have stalled for the last 2 weeks bouncing up and down between 158 and 159 😒

Seems like there is a thing called 5th or 6th stall 😂😂 It's very similar to the 3 week one majority of us have had right after the surgery.

Just waiting now for the damn scale to move and get the downward spiral to kick start yet again.

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

a bit slower this month, but just passed the 100 lbs lost mark.

Pretty excited about it.