Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

2 minutes ago, Terrybelle said:

Love hearing from my November Pals!!! i am doing well and have had little to no issues. I still struggle with taking 20 minutes to eat my little meals and not being able to drink 30 mins prior and after. But other than that, I'm feeling ahhhhmazing!!! I over half-way there and I really need to go to Goodwill to pick up a couple of pair of smaller jeans, I don't want to spend good money on jeans that I will be in for a short period of time. lol I hope you are all feeling great too.

Weightloss -3 Months.jpg

Congratulations on your loss so far. Hopefully your goodwill is set up better than mine with jeans. At Mine they are in no order whatsoever and they are so crammed on the rack it’s near impossible to sort through. I spent two hours trying to go through and still went home empty handed. If yours is bad too you could also try tjmaxx if you have one for jeans. I found some off brand jeans there for 20 bucks and even the Michael Kors jeans I found were $25 and they weren’t even on clearance. Its doesn’t compete with goodwill deals of course but I was surprised at the reasonable prices.

3 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Congratulations on your loss so far. Hopefully your goodwill is set up better than mine with jeans. At Mine they are in no order whatsoever and they are so crammed on the rack it’s near impossible to sort through. I spent two hours trying to go through and still went home empty handed. If yours is bad too you could also try tjmaxx if you have one for jeans. I found some off brand jeans there for 20 bucks and even the Michael Kors jeans I found were $25 and they weren’t even on clearance. Its doesn’t compete with goodwill deals of course but I was surprised at the reasonable prices.

Thank you @shoppgirl!! I do love me some TJMaxx! I also like Maurices but will be holding off on those for now. :)

Hello everyone! Happy to see that you are doing well! My surgery was on November 24, I lost 57 lb, which is 70% of my weight loss goal. Felling great, no issues at all. I had couple stalls, the last one was almost three weeks long. Last week I noticed that I can eat bigger portions of solid foods without feeling restrictions. Do you guys feel less restrictions too? How much of solid food can you eat at once, like one cup or less?

4 minutes ago, Lanitele said:

Hello everyone! Happy to see that you are doing well! My surgery was on November 24, I lost 57 lb, which is 70% of my weight loss goal. Felling great, no issues at all. I had couple stalls, the last one was almost three weeks long. Last week I noticed that I can eat bigger portions of solid foods without feeling restrictions. Do you guys feel less restrictions too? How much of solid food can you eat at once, like one cup or less?

Restriction is still there. Don't have to wait between bites. And not having to super-chew the food either.

My doctor's guidelines call for food weight instead of volume (which, TBH, doesn't make a lot of sense :)). They call for 4-5 oz max weight. For example something like 2 oz of Protein, 1 oz of vegetables, and 1 oz of carbs.

I would guess that a volume limit would correlate more with the new limited volume of the sleeve.

I had surgery on 11/9. I can eat about a cup of food. My meds slow down my metabolism, so I’ve only lost 47 lbs so far. I’ve checked goodwill for clothes, but didn’t have any luck. I’m buying stretchy pants so they will last through a few sizes. Good job losing November surgery friends!

18 hours ago, Pete-TheTimeIsNow said:

Restriction is still there. Don't have to wait between bites. And not having to super-chew the food either.

My doctor's guidelines call for food weight instead of volume (which, TBH, doesn't make a lot of sense :)). They call for 4-5 oz max weight. For example something like 2 oz of Protein, 1 oz of vegetables, and 1 oz of carbs.

I would guess that a volume limit would correlate more with the new limited volume of the sleeve.

Thank you!
my doctor recommends the same. And I have no problem weighing food at home, but it’s hard to do when I am out of town. I agree, watching the volume of the food would make more sense! I am just afraid to stretch my stomach by feeling less restrictions, it is scary!

On 3/8/2022 at 1:17 AM, Lanitele said:

I also notice this, and it was also last week when I was away from home. I think it's because I wasn't doing Protein first. I ate half a tuna melt sandwich all but two bites and panicked that my restriction had disappeared overnight. Of course it hadn't - turns out carbs first is not the right way. Now I'm back at home I'm feeling the restriction again - just the same as before. I will need to plan better next time I'm away from home.

I'm almost 5 stones down on my highest weight. I feel amazing. I have always yo-yo'd so I have ALL the sizes of clothing to go back through on the way down. Once I reach a steady weight I'll invest in some new stuff, especially for work. Turns out 10 year old work clothes look like they were in fashion 10 years ago. 🤣

On 3/7/2022 at 9:36 PM, Terrybelle said:

Love hearing from my November Pals!!! i am doing well and have had little to no issues. I still struggle with taking 30 minutes to eat my little meals and not being able to drink 30 mins prior and after. But other than that, I'm feeling ahhhhmazing!!! I over half-way there and I really need to go to Goodwill to pick up a couple of pair of smaller jeans, I don't want to spend good money on jeans that I will be in for a short period of time. lol I hope you are all feeling great too.

Weightloss -3 Months.jpg

Your photos are amazing - thank you so much for sharing. I'm too shy still but I hope one day I'll post a photo from every month of my journey and marvel at how far I have come 😊

4 month anniversary today. My BMI is just over 30. If you had told me in November this would happen I'd have laughed in your face. 💚

Also - Happy St Patrick's Day!!!!

Congrats ! Isnt it a good feeling to actually look in the mirror and see the difference. I also had my surgery in Nov the 8th to be exact and I am also @ 54 lb weight loss and counting. I’m struggling also with the 30 min before and after meals, who knew it would be this hard! I find myself takin a cap full literally to satisfy the erge! I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt me

4 month appointment today also. 87 down. Great appointment. Feeling good. Warm day, just walked for about an hour.

Also, asked for more "sample calcium citrate chews" (they're kinda pricey) and the dietitian GAVE me an entire 90 count bag! My lucky day I guess.

Congrats to everyone on your successes.

I had my four month appointment on Wednesday, now 85lb down, 15 points on my BMI and completely reversed the diabetes that was starting to kick in. I am so happy!

Well done to everyone, we're all doing great.

Oh I love hearing how well you're all doing. Seems like no time since surgery but also seems like a lifetime ago. 🤩

And it's the end of month 4 for me 🥳

Last month was so much better in terms of weight loss and finding out the kinda schedule that works for consistency.

I clocked in 13 pounds last month and I am down to 161.6 - Still a long way to go, but couldn't have been happier with what I have achieved so far.

I hope everyone else is doing just as good or even better. 🤗

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

55 minutes ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

And it's the end of month 4 for me 🥳

Last month was so much better in terms of weight loss and finding out the kinda schedule that works for consistency.

I clocked in 13 pounds last month and I am down 161.6 - Still a long way to go, but couldn't have been happier with what I have achieved so far.

I hope everyone else is doing just as good or even better. 🤗

Am I reading this right? You lost 161lbs in 4 months? 😱