Ɨ
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

2 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

I am right there with ya. Slow loser I think so too šŸ„²

Last 4 weeks and I have lost only about 6 pounds. There was ofc 2 or 3 weeks of stall but even now my scale isn't budging much. It can get very frustrating and disappointing when it's only the beginning of the 2nd month. Le sigh, hope by the end of the month I can at least lose 10 pounds in total for this month, otherwise it would be highly disappointing šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I haven't been keeping track of dates and weight, but I feel like a slow loser too. No surprise as I don't have a thyroid. I'm in my 5th week and hitting a stall. I was on the pre-op diet for a week before surgery and have lost a total of 28 lbs. I am so very happy because I can SEE and FEEL the difference, but the number of pounds and this current stall do kind of get me down a little bit.

1 minute ago, LouLouM said:

I haven't been keeping track of dates and weight, but I feel like a slow loser too. No surprise as I don't have a thyroid. I'm in my 5th week and hitting a stall. I was on the pre-op diet for a week before surgery and have lost a total of 28 lbs. I am so very happy because I can SEE and FEEL the difference, but the number of pounds and this current stall do kind of get me down a little bit.

I should add, though, boy am I ever feeling more satiated between meals! And food tastes so good! I really am feeling much better overall.

2 hours ago, LouLouM said:

Yeh I get the "down feeling" when scale doesn't move after weeks. But hoping it starts becoming from friendlier with us šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Hang it there and hopefully we shall make it too.

12 hours ago, Jenn5120 said:

I had vsg November 29 2021 in connecticut

Hi Jenn, how have you been? And how is the weight loss coming along?

6 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

I am right there with ya. Slow loser I think so too šŸ„²

Last 4 weeks and I have lost only about 6 pounds. There was ofc 2 or 3 weeks of stall but even now my scale isn't budging much. It can get very frustrating and disappointing when it's only the beginning of the 2nd month. Le sigh, hope by the end of the month I can at least lose 10 pounds in total for this month, otherwise it would be highly disappointing šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I am certain that you will. šŸ¤©

Also, are you quoting Pepi le pew?? As in le sigh, le purr, le mew? Please ignore if not and I am not losing it, just a blast from the past! šŸ¤£

3 hours ago, LouLouM said:

Oh it's hard enough without thyroid issues. I think you're doing brilliantly but I know it's you who has to be happy. 28lbs in 6 weeks is amazing. January is going to be a good month for losses, I can feel it!

On 1/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, Tristenhilpert97 said:

Hello Surgery friends!

Just a quick update... I will be 2 months Post op on January 8th and I am down to 336. I weighed 375 the morning of surgery and 408 on October 24th. I am starting to feel like I haven't lost enough weight since surgery? Only 39 pounds in 2 months doesn't seem like a lot. I have stuck with our dieticians plan to a t just not seeing the weight loss I expected.

What surgery did you have? I had DS and Iā€™m a little more than a month out. I was very close to same starting weight as you on surgery day. I lost a significant amount for my first week follow up, but it doesnā€™t seem to be super noticeable, so Iā€™m losing motivation. Iā€™ve a long-time scale phobia, so Iā€™m not really checking. I donā€™t go back to my surgeon for a follow-up until March, but I feel like Iā€™m maybe gaining, not losing. I tolerate everything. Over the holidays I even had things I shouldnā€™t. Nothing seems to kick back. Iā€™m a little concerned, actually. I feel like I can eat way more than Iā€™m supposed to be able to eat as well.

Can anyone drink a whole Premier Protein shake at a sitting? Because Iā€™ve been able to since I started full liquids, and itā€™s freaking me out.

You should be really really proud of yourself, Tristen! Sticking to the plan is super tough, and you are doing great! Donā€™t lose focus!

I had the loop DS 7 weeks ago and have lost 33 lbs (83 total). My three week stall ended up lasting a while 3 weeks. šŸ˜…

I am really happy with my progress. I feel well. My face looks like me again, and I keep sitting awkwardly on my now saggy stomach.

I can still only eat 1.5oz at a meal and am not hitting any goals but the surgeon is happy with my progress.

I hit 2 months from surgery yesterday. In the first month I lost 12.5 lbs. and in the second, 4.5 lbs. I stalled in December and only lost 2 for the month. Nothing I eat bothers me as long as I watch the portion size, chew a lot, and eat slow. I do get hungry between meals and eating slow is kind of hard for me. The sleeve definitely helps to reduce portion sizes, but I have to be diligent since I can comfortably eat anything. I hope everyone is having success.

I can eat anything also, and I have lost 30 lbs since surgery which was on 11/24/21. I just make sure I eat low charbs and high Protein. I am hungry in-between meals also I will eat a popsicle or Jello helps with the cravings. Good luck

Hi All

I am coming up on my two month post op this week. Things have really gotten easier for me the last two weeks. I think I have kind of found a groove that works for me. Protein Shake for Breakfast, a small lunch, and a larger dinner. I tolerate almost all foods now without difficulty. Chewing and not rushing of course. I had a 20 day stall and gained weight which was a little frustrating but I picked up my exercise routine. I hit ten miles on my Apple Watch one day. Luckily it is warm where I live so I can walk up and down the beach. But after starting the exercise, the weight is dropping off. Happy to report I am at 50 pounds less today than at my Pre-Op appointment. I donā€™t notice the scale changes that much and only weigh in once a week but I notice how much better I feel. This for me is about living the rest of my life as healthy as I can. Congrats to my November surgery buddies that have survived the first two months. Things should get easier and better for us all.

4 hours ago, gmast99 said:

Hi All

I am coming up on my two month post op this week. Things have really gotten easier for me the last two weeks. I think I have kind of found a groove that works for me. Protein Shake for Breakfast, a small lunch, and a larger dinner. I tolerate almost all foods now without difficulty. Chewing and not rushing of course. I had a 20 day stall and gained weight which was a little frustrating but I picked up my exercise routine. I hit ten miles on my Apple Watch one day. Luckily it is warm where I live so I can walk up and down the beach. But after starting the exercise, the weight is dropping off. Happy to report I am at 50 pounds less today than at my Pre-Op appointment. I donā€™t notice the scale changes that much and only weigh in once a week but I notice how much better I feel. This for me is about living the rest of my life as healthy as I can. Congrats to my November surgery buddies that have survived the first two months. Things should get easier and better for us all.

Nice catch up post! I'm glad you've hit your stride gmast, sounds like you're doing amazingly well!

So far so good! 7 weeks post op.

68 lbs down.

Getting in Water is much easier with a straw (Was approved to use a straw by my surgeon's office)

Now just gotta find a Vitamin that doesn't make me nauseated.

49 minutes ago, AmazonSleeved said:

So far so good! 7 weeks post op.

68 lbs down.

Getting in Water is much easier with a straw (Was approved to use a straw by my surgeon's office)

Now just gotta find a Vitamin that doesn't make me nauseated.

Faaaaab! What a loss. I never thought of a straw - could they cause issues? One thing I am really glad about is that I don't have to sip my fluids - not since I came round after my op. I can glug two big swallows in a row. Really makes me feel like I'm drinking properly and I really would have missed that.

Looking at all the big numbers here, my loss seems miniscule šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Congrats to all for the losses.

I am still stuck and hovering around the same weight for the last 10 days or so. This seems like a second stall? Not sure when the scale will start moving down šŸ˜­