Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Oh you're having some big losses here - that's lovely to see, makes the whole thing worthwhile. Meanwhile I am still crawling along - one more pound off this week. I know it's a loss and all that but it means I have lost a total of just 9lbs in 5 weeks. I need to lose at least 100lbs and am hoping that this is just a long 'stall' and I start to see some decent losses soon. I am doing everything according to plan and I'm not really looking for advice at the minute - just checking in with my November buddies, as I like to do. Keep the faith my friends!

Hey there. I was the 29th also. I'm having a hard time eating and drinking. Always concerned I'm going to do something wrong. The amount of mood swings makes me crazy too. I feel like a basket case bc I can't eat what I want and when I want.

Edited by Barb929

I've been having a pretty rough recovery, it started out fine but then it kind of came crashing down. Today I've been doing kind of better, I haven't been able to meet Protein goals yet because I've been searching for protein shakes/powders my body would tolerate. I think I may have found one but I've also been dealing with nausea, my body had one of it's extreme well, I'll say "episodes" by which case I went to the E.R. to get checked up to make sure I don't actually pass out since I can't keep up with the losses this time around. I'm taking flintstones Multivitamins even though they are insufficient my nutritionist said if I can double up on them that'd be great. Something is better than nothing I suppose, I believe my body is just one of the ones that recovers slower so I've been taking it one day at a time. I haven't even bothered with getting a scale or weighing myself, I'm happy with getting weighed at appointments. My sheer focus is just on getting my body on the actual path to recovering well at this point.

I lost 1 pound for week 6. I have about 800 calories a day. I tried ground beef for the first time this week and it didn’t give me any problems. I hope everyone is doing well!

I’ve lost 26lbs considering I weighed in at 189lbs on 11/01 my surgery date. I’m at stage 5 so I’m not sure if my weight will slow down or not. I’m finding out that foods I loved prior to surgery I’m unable to eat right now. I love bananas and I always had one every morning with Breakfast before my surgery. I had eaten a banana the other day and it made me really sick. It turns out that the banana has too much natural sugar in it. My system cannot handle it. I can’t even eat turkey but it’s weird I can eat chicken.

Looks like I finally got past this dreaded 3rd week stall.

Weight started dropping again, pretty happy and feeling good.

I guess I am still on the 3 week stall that everyone talks about lol

I haven't lost much on my full Fluid phase and I have 5 more days on it. Have lost about 2 pounds only last 16 days.

I’ve lost 26lbs considering I weighed in at 189lbs on 11/01 my surgery date. I’m at stage 5 so I’m not sure if my weight will slow down or not. I’m finding out that foods I loved prior to surgery I’m unable to eat right now. I love bananas and I always had one every morning with Breakfast before my surgery. I had eaten a banana the other day and it made me really sick. It turns out that the banana has too much natural sugar in it. My system cannot handle it. I can’t even eat turkey but it’s weird I can eat chicken.
I'm noticing the same thing. food that I once loved the smell of it just makes me want to hurl. I tried a sip of coffee the other day, I'm talking like 1/4 of teaspoon and thought I was going to die. My taste buds are so off.
I remember getting into my room from recovery and had a couple of blister's and canker like sores in my mouth. I'm almost 4 weeks (11/29) and most are gone but I have one that is sticking around and think I better go to dentist. Annoying.

Nannette

The stall is very real.

Eating 600-700 calories every day and meeting my Protein goals and weight loss has slowed to a crawl going into week 4.

Anyone else have it happen? how many calories are you guys eating?

4 minutes ago, Valboosky said:

The stall is very real.

Eating 600-700 calories every day and meeting my Protein goals and weight loss has slowed to a crawl going into week 4.

I am also in week 4 and experiencing the stall. I think I'm out of the ketosis also which is probably cause. I could definitely improve my Water intake but I've also began eating fruit almost daily.

The stall is very real.
I make sure I eat a protein every 2 hours. Like HB egg. Couple of cheese cubes. Protein shake...etc I can't even have any fruit yet. I'm still on soft diet.

Nannette

56 minutes ago, TRAVELRN said:

I make sure I eat a Protein every 2 hours. Like HB egg. Couple of cheese cubes. Protein shake...etc I can't even have any fruit yet. I'm still on soft diet.

Nannette

I'm still on a soft diet as well.. I only eat the fruit cup with no sugar added. They're very soft and easy to mash. I found out this weekend that I can no longer digest egg yolks. That is very sad bc I love hard boiled eggs. Technically I'm only supposed to have egg whites at this stage though.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Valboosky said:

The stall is very real.

Yep. Same thing here with a stall. I am not counting my calories, but I have started to eat more than before. I was only able to eat 1/4 cup at a time and seem to be able to eat more now.