Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

3 hours ago, MomaDance said:

I was moved to soft foods this week, and I just put in my grocery order with things like lump crab meat and lean deli meats and cheese to make roll ups- I can’t wait! I had a Turkey meatball and low sugar sauce that I made with a spoon of low fat ricotta and I felt like I was getting closer to normal!
does anyone else’s clinic count weight lost from the first day of the liquid diet? I’m not sure if that’s weird or not

Yeah I think lots of them count that MomaDance! Makes the results look better I suppose? What was the date of your op? I am just moving on to soft foods and loving every bite. Tasted a teeny bit of the bolognese sauce I made for everyone else's dinner this evening (can't cook without tasting!) and it was such a flavour explosion.

I had mine the 24th. Starting soft/mushy food today

Oh enjoy Tab. What are you having first?? 😍

16 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

Yeah I think lots of them count that MomaDance! Makes the results look better I suppose? What was the date of your op? I am just moving on to soft foods and loving every bite. Tasted a teeny bit of the bolognese sauce I made for everyone else's dinner this evening (can't cook without tasting!) and it was such a flavour explosion.

I had my RNY 11/4 :)

On 12/04/2021 at 13:51, Spinoza said:

Oh enjoy Tab. What are you having first?? 😍

Omelette with cheese and mushrooms

🤤

On 11/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, goodmanje said:

Don't have the surgery. I did and I'm not losing any weight... It's WAY more trouble than it's worth.

Oh man I’m so sorry to hear that! How far out are you from your surgery?
I hope things get better ❤️

Just checking in again today my sweets. Still stuck at a 4lb loss 18 days post op and really needing my whoosh now! Am taking in about 600 calories a day and around 60g Protein. Pain is getting better every day - the only time I notice it now is when I straighten up too quickly after bending over, or when I try to sleep on my side at night. Hunger was less noticeable yesterday - it has been hard, so nice to see it subsiding at last. All in all, everything going the right way, kind of apart from the weight, which has to come soon, right?? Just about to start a big Sunday roast here, which I will puree for myself. Also boiling ham for lunches (everyone else) during the week so I will use the stock to make some 'ham', lentil and veg Soup for my own lunches!

How has everyone's weekend been so far?

Edited by Spinoza

That sounds yummy Spinoza. Good to hear you are feeling well. I’m going to make the ricotta bake, but I’m adding ground turkey to the marinara. I’m going to portion it out into some 1/2 cup ramekins for my meals. I’m starting week 4 on Tuesday. With clothes on I weigh what I did last Tuesday, so I’ve lost at least 2 pounds since then. I’ll be 1 mouth out on the 9th.

Your food sounds delicious too OG! Full of Protein too. Fingers crossed for a good loss for both of us this week. 🤞

Daisy and Sunshine, I also had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 30th plus a hiatal hernia fixed. I am surprised with how much pain I am in. No interest in food yet, just trying to get rid of this gas, somehow get comfortable, and drink Water.< br>
My surgery was 11/30. It's been rough. Was supposed to be bypass but due to previous trauma surgery too much scar tissue. So doc did sleeve he will do my Hernias (from prior crash) with a bmi of 35. Food isn't seeming to interest me either and getting in all that liquid gags me. Just so you know, you ARE NOT alone! Blessings [emoji119]

Sent from my SM-A125U using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine has tracked all ups n downs. I'm in Florida.

Sent from my SM-A125U using BariatricPal mobile app

Had a bad day. I feel like I really wanted to eat too much. I didn't feel the same fullness today for some reason. That has me scared. I've been stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks. I know I need to trust the process, but at the moment, I'm wondering if this is going to work for me.

I hear you. It all feels so overwhelming! I still can’t figure out when I am full and I haven’t shed the amount of pounds that I expected. I am starting to think that is much more person specific than they say. Maybe not gerri g on the scale everyday would help? I heard that no one regrets it so, I am hanging on to that for now.

Hi! I'm a newbie here. Have VSG on Tuesday November 30th. My surgery and recovery from surgery is going very well with the exception of a nasty cold. I have my first followup appt today and I'm hoping my doc will give me something to get over this mess.

Sleeved 11/30/21

SW 245

CW 236

GW 150