Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

13 minutes ago, Stacie21 said:

Did anyone have like a aching feeling in abdomen and chest after? Comes and goes? Is this gas? Xx

Yes. If the pain moves around is gas bubbles moving around. While standing/sitting up, try taking a sip of Water, wait for it go down,and the gas should go up .. and out.. :)

Also walk as much as possible, this helps with gas absorption, and getting your digestive system working again.

And chewable Gas-X also helped me.

37 minutes ago, TheTimeIsNear said:

Yes. If the pain moves around is gas bubbles moving around. While standing/sitting up, try taking a sip of Water, wait for it go down,and the gas should go up .. and out.. :)

Also walk as much as possible, this helps with gas absorption, and getting your digestive system working again.

And chewable Gas-X also helped me.

Thank you. Also did anyone have a slight fever? I've been discharged today but feel a bit achy and have a slight temperature xx

Hello from 2 days post op. I just wanted to make a small list of things that helped me while in hospital.

1) lip ointment ( Aquaphor or anything thick & goopy) lips were really chapped.

2) Dry mouth swish...(I used Biotene) just make sure to spit it out!

3) Neck pillow

4) Ear buds & phone charger

5) sleep mask

6) Air freshener

7) hair tie

😎 Face wash & lotion helped too. I was very dry coming out of surgery.

***I also wore very loose, high waisted thin yoga type pants w/ oversize shirt. I almost wore a large maxi dress, but realized that they would need to lift the full dress up to check my wounds.

Onwards and downwards. Good luck tomorrow

Has anyone gotten a little cold before the surgery? I’m 7 days away and getting cold symptoms. I’m nervous they will cancel on me.

I had gotten a minor cold. I took cold medicine right away. I stayed in the house and stayed away from people to care for myself. By the 3rd day I was much better. Sending you healing thought and prayers that you stay health and strong for your surgery.🙏🙏🙏

On 11/04/2021 at 11:42, Skylar428 said:

I just wish someone would have told me that before hand lol

I didn’t experience that at all. I guess I’ve been super lucky. All liquids have gone down pretty well. I’ve had Protein Shakes, broth, Jello, yogurt and some black bean Soup today. One more week of the full liquids. How are you doing now?

On 11/06/2021 at 10:03, summerseeker said:

Wow thats a amazing amount of weight to drop in a week, How long do you do it for ? I am 21 days and on day 4. What is your regime ? Mine is a quart of milk, ff Yogurt, non carb veg and 3 pieces of fruit a day

It amazes me the different diets surgeons put you on. Mine had me on high Protein very low carbs. Absolutely no fruit. Yours looks like barely any protein. So strange but I guess they have their reasons.

On 11/06/2021 at 10:14, TheTimeIsNear said:

I had my sleeve 2 days ago.. and I lost 4 lbs. They pumped me with ~5-6 litters of Fluid while I was there. 1.5L during surgery, and 4L while I stayed overnight. However, I did go to the bathroom every 1-2 hours when I would wake with gas pain :)

However, I've read here in the forum that it is very common to gain weight after surgery. Don't worry about it, it comes off in 1-2 days.

Omg I gained almost 7 lbs!!!! I was like wtf?! This is NOT supposed to happen. Lolol. But yes it did come off.

1 hour ago, Lifestyle Changer said:

I had gotten a minor cold. I took cold medicine right away. I stayed in the house and stayed away from people to care for myself. By the 3rd day I was much better. Sending you healing thought and prayers that you stay health and strong for your surgery.🙏🙏🙏

Thanks, I’m hoping that 7 days will be enough time for everything to run it’s course. I appreciate your response

51 minutes ago, AmyB2006 said:

It amazes me the different diets surgeons put you on. Mine had me on high Protein very low carbs. Absolutely no fruit. Yours looks like barely any Protein. So strange but I guess they have their reasons.

Very low to no carb or sugars. 3-6 Protein Shakes a day… if your mixing your own it has to be with Water. broth, tea, and no more than 2 Cubs of vegetables a day. There was an option for sugar free gum or Jello that was no more than 2 servings a day. I’m on day 7 of 14.

1 hour ago, AmyB2006 said:

I didn’t experience that at all. I guess I’ve been super lucky. All liquids have gone down pretty well. I’ve had Protein Shakes, broth, Jello, yogurt and some black bean Soup today. One more week of the full liquids. How are you doing now?

Better but I can still feel food move through my stomach. Maybe I'm just being over sensitive lol.

I feel strange today...so either im not getting enough Water or Protein One or the other ...I'll figure it out before end of day tho.

2 hours ago, Lifestyle Changer said:

I had a full out cold plus allergy issue 8days before surgery. As long as you don't have a cough or breathing issues they will usually still do the surgery.

As luck would have it as soon as I was over my cold my period started...so I have surgery with my period