Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Hi! How are the people feeling that have had their surgeries already?? I had mine on the 1st. Feeling pretty good overall. Came home yesterday. Working on getting my fluids in and I’ve done one Protein Drink so far. Walked this morning. Will walk again in a little bit.

Anybody having issues or problems?

I'm feeling better with each passing day. Surgery was on the 1st, I was released the next morning. Day 3, my largest incision is still pretty sensitive. I cannot cough to clear my throat or else I'm in a good amount of pain. It feels like I'm going to rupture my incision. 😳 I can swallow Tylenol capsules and liquids with little-to-no issue. I am on a 7 day clear liquid diet post-op. At my one week check-up next week I will be able to transition to full liquids including Protein Shakes and malt-o-meal/grits (which I'm really looking forward to!!😛). Right now, it's just apple and cranberry juice, Water, tea, broth, and sugar free Jello. I've also been walking around and up and down stairs. There is minor pain when ambulating, but it's tolerable. I showered the first day home with no issues. I would say so far so good! 🙌

Edited by SparklesE

Tomorrow! Nov 5th is my surgery @ 8:30am (be there @ 6:30am)!

I am getting gastric sleeve and staying overnight (per insurance). I just bought about $40 in Soups & sugar free drinks & had miso Soup w/out the tofu & seaweed for dinner.

So excited, it's been a year long process!

1 minute ago, HAPPYTRACE said:

I am getting gastric sleeve and staying overnight (per insurance). I just bought about $40 in Soups & sugar free drinks & had miso Soup w/out the tofu & seaweed for dinner.

Good luck tomorrow 🍀

3 hours ago, SparklesE said:

I'm feeling better with each passing day. Surgery was on the 1st, I was released the next morning. Day 3, my largest incision is still pretty sensitive. I cannot cough to clear my throat or else I'm in a good amount of pain. It feels like I'm going to rupture my incision. 😳 I can swallow Tylenol capsules and liquids with little-to-no issue. I am on a 7 day clear liquid diet post-op. At my one week check-up next week I will be able to transition to full liquids including Protein Shakes and malt-o-meal/grits (which I'm really looking forward to!!😛). Right now, it's just apple and cranberry juice, Water, tea, broth, and sugar free Jello. I've also been walking around and up and down stairs. There is minor pain when ambulating, but it's tolerable. I showered the first day home with no issues. I would say so far so good! 🙌

Congrats! Have you tried miso Soup?

12 minutes ago, HAPPYTRACE said:

Congrats! Have you tried miso Soup?

I have! It is DELICIOUS! I imagine I'm dining at Benihanas when sipping it. 😆 I added a drop of Sriracha to it last night and I loved it even more. 🌶️ I'm someone who loves spice and heat and I'm so glad that post-surgery I can tolerate spicy flavors.

36 minutes ago, CheyChey said:

I just called and am having surgery on November 16th! I'm so scared !

Sent from my BE2025 using BariatricPal mobile app

You got this!! 💪 Surgery is going to go better than you expect and you're going to soar! One of my biggest fears prior to surgery was if I would ever enjoy food again 😔 and I was so happy to read on this board and to hear from my medical team (who have had bariatric surgery themselves) that in fact I'll enjoy it even more in a much healthier way!

Wishing you the best!

1 hour ago, HAPPYTRACE said:

This could be a silly question but where do you get your miso Soup at?

1 hour ago, Tristenhilpert97 said:

This could be a silly question but where do you get your miso Soup at?

Fry's in the "Asian" section of store. It comes w/ 3 packets, dehydrated.

On 11/04/2021 at 20:22, SparklesE said:

You got this!! 💪 Surgery is going to go better than you expect and you're going to soar! One of my biggest fears prior to surgery was if I would ever enjoy food again 😔 and I was so happy to read on this board and to hear from my medical team (who have had bariatric surgery themselves) that in fact I'll enjoy it even more in a much healthier way!

Wishing you the best!

That’s one thing I’ve been worried about too. I love food! I just love it too much. Lol But I have to train myself to enjoy it in a different way.

Hi Nov, Buddies, I had my sleeve procedure on Wed./Nov.3. A few thoughts to share. I had been warned that the gas they use during surgery would be "uncomfortable and unpleasant." Well when I woke in recovery room I thought I must be having a heart attack, it hurts so much. The nurse assured me it was just the gas. They got me to my room and medicated me and it eased off. I stayed in the reclining chair the entire time - never got into the bed. So much easier to get up and down. Really walked the hallway on our floor and the gas pain began to lessen with each lap around the unit. I have to say I was amazed that my incisions were not bothersome at all. I am home now and I have just used Tylenol for discomfort/ no pain to speak of. I am having an issue that I shared w/ my surgeon and he urged me to slow down my sipping. I know I have to get in 48 oz. but it is hard when you are drinking 1 oz every 15 mins.

And I wonder if any of you who have had surgery have experienced this. While drinking I can spit up clear Fluid but its mainly bubbles. Now I do have asthma and hadn't had my meds so that might account for some of this. Again my surgeon said I was going to fast with my small cups and need to slow down. just wonder if its a thing for any of you.

Otherwise it has gone great and I now only have some of feeling that I worked out muscles in my tummy and hope moving around today will help relief that.

I just had my surgery on November 1st. I’m 4 days post op now.

Pre op has definitely gotten easier. Not quite a full week in and I’ve lost 13 lbs!