Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I had my surgery on 8/16 so far so going a little slower than I expected. Went back to work this week we are going two days a week at the moment. Struggling with trying to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours and taking enough food to make it happen. When warming up fish at work it just smells so loud. Looking for suggestions on what to take for lunch. I don't eat meat just fish/ seafood. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, it can be hard especially if you have a set lunch break & eating at your desk is frowned upon. When I briefly worked in retail it was almost impossible to eat enough in my one 30 min break & I was post goal then. And tinned fish can smell like cat food in a small lunch room - shudder! I took diced chicken, Soups, pork sausages (from butcher), meatballs, savoury mince, bolognese (no Pasta but sometimes zucchini noodles), cheese, yoghurt, etc. I found a great recipe for mini individual frittatas but it was after I stopped working but they would have been great too.

Edited by Arabesque

I work 12 hr shifts so I have to plan for the whole day. My plan was pretty routine at first. I drink a Protein Shake on the way to work. My next meal is yogurt with a few blueberries or strawberries. My favorite yogurt is Fage plain greek with one tablespoon (or less) of sugar free, fat free Jello pudding powder (white chocolate or cheesecake are my faves) and one packet of truvia per serving. My next meal is the prepackaged flavored tuna mixed with a little fat free mayo and eaten on Crunchmaster crackers, usually about 5. Initially I could not finish all of this at each meal but now I can. Early on my Snacks were things that I could eat quick like cheese sticks or beef sticks...things I could carry in my pocket. Now my snacks are those things still but I've added bananas and Peanut Butter crackers or slices of lunchmeat.

Now that I'm 3 yrs out, I don't necessarily have the tuna as much. Often it's left overs from a restaurant I went to or something I cooked on my days off.

I work 3 days a week so those 3 days my food plan is easy. I make sure to have variety on my nonwork days.

That sounds really challenging. What about bean based dishes? They won't smell bad heating up. I have been living off them right now, as it's the only thing that has been tasting good. Or, Greek yogurt or Soup with Protein Powder?

Good luck!

11 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I was going to suggest Beans as well. Loaded with Protein and not as stinky as fish when heated.

Depending how they react in your digestive system you could end up being the stinky thing at work 😉😆.

11 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I was going to suggest Beans as well. Loaded with Protein and not as stinky as fish when heated.

Depending how they react in your digestive system you could end up being the stinky thing at work 😉😆.