Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Positive pregnancy test after gastric sleeve

So it’s been two weeks since I had my gastric sleeve.
I have been feeling really sick and vomiting after each meal.
Went to see a doctor and he said that I might be pregnant. I took a home test and it was positives took another the next day it was also positive.
Thing is, I’m on my period. And bleeding heavy.
Not to mention I had a major surgery, many X-rays and tons of tests.
How could this be?!

21 minutes ago, Sabsab said:

Went to see a doctor and he said that I might be pregnant. I took a home test and it was positives took another the next day it was also positive.
How could this be?!

Didn’t they do a pregnancy test at the hospital before your surgery? I know they had to wait for the results of a blood one for me cause I couldn’t pee. I guess you could have conceived just like a night or two before and it not show up on a urine test yet. If you are though and you choose to stay that way I suggest you talk to your surgeon and see an obstetrician ASAP so they can help you navigate getting the essentials for yourself and baby during each stage post surgery.

Edited by ShoppGirl

They did do a test but it didn’t show anything… I’m really confused and trying to figure out if this is a false-positive? There’s a lot of confusing info on the web and I don’t know what to think anymore

13 minutes ago, Sabsab said:

They did do a test but it didn’t show anything… I’m really confused and trying to figure out if this is a false-positive? There’s a lot of confusing info on the web and I don’t know what to think anymore

I think you would be best to see a doctor and get a test done ASAP. They can also discuss with you the risks to the baby from the X-ray and surgery and being pregnant during this process if you are indeed pregnant.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I agree with @ShoppGirl. You have options, and now is the time to focus on losing weight after surgery. You would have a hard time taking in enough nutrients right after surgery to sustain a fetus. I would talk to your surgeon and an OB/GYN right away!

I also forgot to say most of us have weird periods After surgery for several months so the fact that you have your period could just be surgery related

Edited by ShoppGirl

I have read other threads that show this has happened before and resulted in a healthy pregnancy. Talk to your doctors - false positive are far less common than false negatives. Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Sabsab said:

How could this be?!

Definitely see a OBGYN , don’t be shy to ask for hCG labs and an ultrasound to confirm.

Edited by GreenTealael