Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anybody at my weight that has had Success with weight loss surgery?

I weigh over 600pounds i justwanted to know if there Was anybody at my weight that has had Success with weight loss surgery?

Hi! I was not, but there is a thread in the Guys' Room (so please no replies from the ladies) about men who started over 400 lbs., and I know there was at least one person who was near to 600 lbs. and managed to lose 230 pounds plus... he stopped updating, but it can be done.

Here is the thread:

Edited by vikingbeast

I started at over 700 pounds and have managed to achieve a normal BMI. Actually, for a short time I was below a normal BMI thanks to my binge-running but when then binge-running ended my weight bounced up to high end normal BMI. After 18+ years I am still high normal BMI.

Theoretically any given WLS patent can achieve a normal BMI. However, the average overall weight loss is about 60%.

Good luck,

Tek

Hi Footballmom92!

You can try to do searches in the forum to see if there are posts by others that started out at a similar weight. I found the article below about a young man that had weight loss surgery. He was close to 600 pounds. Have you started researching doctors yet? Perhaps you can see if your doctor or one you might go to has patients with similar starting weights so you can use the same nutritionist or be in same support group if they have one. Maybe there is a group on Facebook you can find so you can connect with others there.

This forum is also a great support system, we all may have different amounts to lose, but can easily relate to, share advice with & give support to each other.

https://www.treatedwell.com/i-would-not-be-here-today-kingsport-man-says-bariatric-surgery-saved-his-life/

Wishing you lots of success on your path to a healthier weight.😊

I'm sure you've heard of or watched "My 600 lb. Life" on TV about people over 600 lbs. who are undergoing WLS. It's been running for about nine seasons. Although there have been a few failures by those who did not follow their surgeon's dietary instructions, the majority of participants on the show lost between 150-400 lbs. Some ended up around 250-280 lbs.

Edited by Prestonandme