Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Bag

Ok Ladies... I have a definite date of October 11th for my Sleeve. I will be staying overnight; I would really like to know what y'all took to the hospital in your overnight bag. Did anyone get to shower before going home??

Thanks in advance. [emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't take much - many of us sleep pretty much the whole time we're there. Phone and charger for sure. Comfy, easy-to-put-on clothes for the ride home (I wore the same thing home that I wore to the hospital). Some people like to have Chapstick and Biotene spray because sometimes your mouth and/or lips get dry from the anesthesia. I brought toiletries, but I didn't need to because the hospital gave me a bag of them (travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, and shampoo). I'm pretty sure I took a shower before I left.

Don't take much - many of us sleep pretty much the whole time we're there. Phone and charger for sure. Comfy, easy-to-put-on clothes for the ride home (I wore the same thing home that I wore to the hospital). Some people like to have Chapstick and Biotene spray because sometimes your mouth and/or lips get dry from the anesthesia. I brought toiletries, but I didn't need to because the hospital gave me a bag of them (travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, and shampoo). I'm pretty sure I took a shower before I left.

Thank You catwoman7. You are helpful.

Not a lady, but concur, don't take a ton.

Of the stuff I brought, this is what I used:

- Phone and charger with looooooong cable (some of those plugs are in freaking Timbuktu!). Alternatively you could bring a spare charged up battery.

- Change of chonies, socks, and t-shirt

- Chanclas to walk around in, because they never have non-slip booties in my size

- Chapstick, Gas-X and Biotene

- Deodorant

- Pillow to keep the seatbelt from pressing into my incisions

I did not spend the night in the hospital (reported at 06.30, was home less than 12 hours later) so showered at home.

Not a lady, but concur, don't take a ton.
Of the stuff I brought, this is what I used:
- Phone and charger with looooooong cable (some of those plugs are in freaking Timbuktu!). Alternatively you could bring a spare charged up battery.
- Change of chonies, socks, and t-shirt
- Chanclas to walk around in, because they never have non-slip booties in my size
- Chapstick, Gas-X and Biotene
- Deodorant
- Pillow to keep the seatbelt from pressing into my incisions

I did not spend the night in the hospital (reported at 06.30, was home less than 12 hours later) so showered at home.

Thanks vikingbeast...[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji847]

I brought way more than I used. I slept or stared at the wall almost the whole time. I didn't turn on the TV (but I don't like TV much).

Here is what I actually USED:

Phone, charger, headphones, extra pair of underwear (I did sleep over).

I did not take a shower the next morning; I felt too unsteady and the shower looked kinda gross anyway. I brought biotene and chapstick but I didn't need them. They gave me a toothbrush and stuff but I felt too nauseous to brush my teeth. The slipper socks fit me fine, and I wear a women's size 9. I wore the same clothes home. I brought a blanket, but they gave me plenty. I didn't need a pillow for the ride home because I just held the seat belt a bit out from me, and it didn't hurt that much because it was below my incisions and above my incisions. But I also only had about a 20 minute drive.

Good luck!

I was supposed to spend two nights but my recovery was uneventful so I got to go home the second day. Bring whatever electronics you usually pack to make you comfortable (I brought phone, iPad and earbuds) along with a really long charging cable (found one on Amazon). The hospital gave me toiletries but I wasn’t allowed to take a shower anyways. I did use my toothbrush and deodorant and did a sort of sponge bath (they provide soap and wash cloth). I didn’t need them but many suggest change of undies in case of accident so I brought a few, lol. I was glad I brought pajama pants to wear around the hospital under the gown. I wore the same clothes home from hospital that I wore there with the exception of my bra and panties (I wore a sports bra on the way home).

A Long charger cord (why are the outlets in hospitals always so far away?) & personal wipes (many people will touch you and you aren’t bathing)

I think the tendency to make everything around WLS exciting or an “experience” can make us overthink. I would take the same sort of things that I would need for an overnight trip somewhere inconvenient 😂 nothing nice or valuable

Ooh and like greentealaleal said, nothing expensive (leave your jewelry at home).

I was in for approximately 24 hours. I way overpacked. I honestly did nothing but snooze and try to sip for the entire stay. Didn't even turn the TV on until the last hour I was there waiting for discharge. I used my phone and charger, comfy clothes for the ride home, hair brush for when I left, and I brushed my teeth a couple times because my mouth felt filmy and gross but I used the toothbrush they provided for that. I don't think I even took my toiletry bag out while I was there. I was not allowed to shower for a day or two after I believe. Assuming everything goes smoothly the time will go quickly and you'll be home before you know it.

Laptop to watch movies on, menstrual products because of course your period will start lol, underwear, chap stick, brush, braid your hair to prevent matting if you feel sick or can’t brush it effectively. Also don’t be afraid to ask your nurse for help

7 minutes ago, elp93 said:

Laptop to watch movies on, menstrual products because of course your period will start lol, underwear, chap stick, brush, braid your hair to prevent matting if you feel sick or can’t brush it effectively. Also don’t be afraid to ask your nurse for help

I kept trying to ask the nurses for help and it would take three tries each time!

I would not bring a laptop because it could fall from your bed and break if you fall asleep. I didn't feel like watching movies. I just slept and was on my phone a bit.