Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help,3 week plăteau and I am în month 2

Hi, I lost 11 kg în first month but now I am stuck for 3 weeks în a row. I AM DISPERATE. my surgeon said I should lose another 11 kg în the next 2 month but...I remember dreadfully ale the diets that had the same no result.can I not lase weight with 6 spoons of food? ?? I do more sport but i do not have Time for daily gym...

Sent from my SM-N986B using BariatricPal mobile app

if you're following your program closely, then you're just in a stall. They are very common and can happen several times along your journey. Just keep following your program and stay off your scale for a few days if you need to. The stall will eventually break and you'll be on your way again.

Yes, they (stalls) definitely seem to be common and sometimes for no reason at all. I just came out of a 4 week stall and I believe this time it was due to Water retention. Not sure why as I haven't eaten off plan or anything different. I thought it was maybe due to my period but that wouldn't explain it lasting all month long.

Make sure you're on plan, eating enough Protein, enough calories, and drinking enough water (think lack of water was partially my problem this time around.......before I had a stall and I think it was due to lack of protein so always check yourself). Best of luck! Hang in there!

Sometimes you have to eat MORE to jumpstart losing during a stall, especially if you have been trying to cut down even further than your plan allows. One's metabolism goes into starvation mode and HANGS ON for dear life. But if you eat a bit more you can get your metabolism back on track.

In simple speak, your body is being stressed so it shuts down & the stall occurs. Just like when you’re mentally or emotionally stressed & want to shut your door, go to bed & pull the covers over your head. Remember your body has been going through a lot - surgery, reduced calorie diet, changes to activity level, etc. The stall will break when your body is ready. You don’t have to change a thing. Just follow your plan. The small adjustments that you make to your diet & activity as you progress through your plan are enough for your body to cope with without making other larger changes.

Don't worry. Stalls happen. Try eating a little bit MORE as Sunnyway said. Six spoonfuls is not a lot.

Energy in vs. energy out - you are doing more than you are eating, so the stall WILL break and you WILL lose weight once again.

It's a common stall that along with Constipation most of us have experienced. When I experienced mine someone told me to stop putting Crystal Light into my Water. I did and by coincidence or design my stall stopped. After your stall you'll lose weight and you might stall again. It's all part of the wonderful process of WLS.

So, I've been disappointed this last week with my weight loss, BUT I have a scale that also measures visceral fat. I also started back to crossfit, which may have something to do with it. While I only lost 2.5 lbs overall, my visceral fat decreased significantly. Maybe take measurements? Sometimes if you're not losing weight, you're still losing inches.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app