Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision date November 8th. Any surgery twins?

Hello my surgery twin! I just got my November 8 surgery date yesterday. I spent years researching the band and sleeve, but this revision surgery came up a little unexpectedly, and I feel unprepared but still very excited. I hope to do a ton of reading over the next few weeks. :) Hope all is going well with you.

J in sunny Florida

Hi J! I’m excited but nervous too. Right now I’m focusing on my pre op weight loss directive from my surgeon. I have to lose 20-30 lbs by my surgery date. It’s a little nerve wracking but I know I can do it.

1 hour ago, Sunniblue20 said:

Hi J! I’m excited but nervous too. Right now I’m focusing on my pre op weight loss directive from my surgeon. I have to lose 20-30 lbs by my surgery date. It’s a little nerve wracking but I know I can do it.

Yes, I know you can do it! I started with lap band 8 years ago, but had problems keeping anything down and converted to the sleeve 5 years ago. I LOVED the sleeve until about a year ago when I developed really, really bad GERD. So I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm as I convert from sleeve to RNY.

1 hour ago, kimdlawson06 said:

Hello surgery buddies! Revision from VSG to RNY! Just got my date yesterday. November 5th for me! I was surprised at how fast the process moved this time!

I was surprised at the speed too. Hospitals in my area had put elective surgeries on hold for a while, so I expected a much longer wait. November will be here for us in no time! 😀

1 hour ago, Sunniblue20 said:

I heard that too but I’m willing to work my revised tool better this time. I abused my stomach too much the first time.

I really, really needed to hear this - thank you! My doctor said not to expect much weight loss, and I have been fretting about that. I didn't lose a lot on lap band or sleeve, but I realize I didn't take advantage of those tools nearly as well as I could have.

On 10/02/2021 at 15:13, jms734 said:

I really, really needed to hear this - thank you! My doctor said not to expect much weight loss, and I have been fretting about that. I didn't lose a lot on lap band or sleeve, but I realize I didn't take advantage of those tools nearly as well as I could have.

Sometimes you feel like your the only one that “didn’t do it right” because you see all these success stories online but there are many of us in this boat otherwise revisions wouldn’t be needed. My doctor told me not to expect too much but I’m going to work hard on this. Im determined. We got this

Ugh, I'm heartbroken. My insurance has just come back and rejected my surgery, even though I have CT scans and endoscopies proving hiatal hernia and esophageal erosion. The doctor previously told me he was 100% confident it would be covered since the surgery was medically necessary. I was already one week into my pre-op liquid diet and SO ready to feel better. :( Best of luck to those of you getting your surgeries soon. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.