Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October surgery friends??

Was sleeved 10/13. Live in Ohio. Anyone else on puréed? Just got moved and looking for food ideas 😉 Doing sugar free pudding, yogurt & mashed potatoes. Heard ricotta bake is good so might try making that??

looking for friends to share the journey with ❤️ Hard sometimes seeing friends & family eat regular food

I am 11 days pre op and I too am afraid it will be a struggle after. Although I had been doing Noom and eating better for several months now to prepare and feel I have done well and changed my thoughts and habits quite a bit, but not totally. Believe me I still want the PB fudge my husband brought home! I am afraid I will still feel hungry all the time and crave the bad things. I pray my I am one of the people whose tastes change and I no longer want anything sweet. That would help so much!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in the 3 week slump post surgery. Not losing but not eating or drinking much either. The struggle is real trying to hit that Water goal right now.

22 hours ago, Mz D said:

I'm in the 3 week slump post surgery. Not losing but not eating or drinking much either. The struggle is real trying to hit that Water goal right now.

I hear you!! I felt so discouraged during the third week. But now its all good again and week five has been great :) just hang in there! It’ll get better xoxo

2 weeks post sleeve today!!! Since starting the journey with meeting the dietitian I've lost 30#. Since surgery, I think I'm down about 16# and honestly my only issue is acid reflux and possible lactose intolerance. Otherwise I'm feeling great and getting ready to get back to the gym!

I was sleeved on October 27th. I was released after a day. Released for work after 1 week. My journey started in April with the first office visit. I was at my heaviest at 340lbs. Stuck to the low fat/carb high Protein diet for six months and was down to 309lbs at surgery time. 9 Days post-op down to 291lbs.

Doc put me on pureed food after week 1. Having trouble finding things appetizing. Think I am getting acid reflux but I have never had it before and don't know what it feels like. Anyone help?

I had the sleeve done on October 27 and was sent home the next day after making sure I didn't have any leaks in my stomach. My doctor sent in a pill for my gallbladder and for acid reflux among a bunch of other ones I don't need anymore. I just started the pureed diet today, had a scrambled egg for Breakfast and just had some tyson blackened chicken chopped up in the food processor. My stomach handled everything great. When I check my weight yesterday I was down to 285. I was 305 the day of surgery. My surgeon also had to fix a hiatal hernia. One my one week check up, the nutritionist sent home a packet of the diet stages and when to start them. I can start soft foods on the 24th and she said I can have some turkey on Thanksgiving.

Anyone still struggling with getting their Water in? I'm just so full always that I'm falling short. I do good to get halfway thru it.

I was told to count anything with liquid as Fluid intake. Not just Water. So Jello, Protein Shake, etc.. So 64oz of fluids

I had my bypass on Oct. 5. I honestly feel this have been the worse decision but each day is getting better. I just can’t wait for the day where I am out of the post op depression rut and be happy about my decision. Soooo aggravating! Cheers to all of you!

@JordanM Hi! It feels like burning right in the center of your chest - especially when it gets bad. Maybe the top of your throat in your mouth - that can feel like it’s burning. I clear my throat a lot and have been told that’s from acid reflux. Coughing, trouble swallowing - all of that can happen if it goes untreated. I wasn’t given an exact amount for Water intake post op - was told if my urine was light yellow and mouth wasn’t dry, I was getting enough.

I was sleeved on 10/8. I’m down 32 pounds since 9/28 (pre-op appt) from 257 to 225. I feel good but I’m struggling with depression - something I’ve struggled with before but it’s gotten worse. I want to eat, but I can’t. I want chocolate, but I can’t. I’m on solid food as of 4 weeks out and so far I can pretty much tolerate everything.

I'm doing well. Sleeve was 10/18, I've lost 18# so far and have hit a plateau. Coming up on 4 weeks Monday, I use the Lose it app as it worked before surgery when I lost 60# by eating healthy and exercising. Of course I wasn't using it when I regained 30 of that 60. Anyway, with the small amount of food I take in as well as exercise, I'm barely taking in any calories. I'm curious if that's part of the plateau although I know everyone hits it.

Anyone else hit that plateau?

On 9/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, Shouldhaveknown said:

I’m having the sleeve and hernia repair done this Friday 10/1! I wasn’t nervous until probably a few days ago. The 3 week liquid diet has kept me pre-occupied with misery. Lol. I know it’s for the right reason, I’m just over the same flavors for so many days. Well, and I’d like to chew again. I’m in Wisconsin.

Me too!! How’d your surgery go?

Hello Everyone,

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on 10/14/2021. Dr Neil Floch did my surgery. My start weight was 255. Now I’m 225 as of today.

How much weight should you loose in the first month?

Im looking forward to going to the gym soon.

Had my surgery on Oct 12th and I've had no issues, except the terrible gas pain when eating in the beginning. Was able to eat pureed foods 2 days after surgery... now on soft foods and no issues, other than low energy. I struggle to get to 1,000-1,200 each day and if I do any physical activity I am worn out quickly.