Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October surgery friends??

I’m having surgery on the 8th. Gastric sleeve and hernia repair. I’m terrified! I was approved for the lap band many moons ago and chickened out the night before. Here we are again and I’m going to need some positive reinforcement in order to go through with it, which sucks because I want this surgery so badly.

Mine is being done by Dr. Robert Marvin in Houston, TX. ❤️

they're both very safe surgeries - you'll do fine!

I’m having the sleeve and hernia repair done this Friday 10/1! I wasn’t nervous until probably a few days ago. The 3 week liquid diet has kept me pre-occupied with misery. Lol. I know it’s for the right reason, I’m just over the same flavors for so many days. Well, and I’d like to chew again. I’m in Wisconsin.

My surgery is on Oct 13 w/ Dr. Baranov in Saratoga Springs NY. I'm not looking forward to the 3 day liquid diet, but I know it will all be worth it!

On 9/27/2021 at 6:27 PM, LyricalWarfare said:

I’m having surgery on the 8th. Gastric sleeve and hernia repair. I’m terrified! I was approved for the lap band many moons ago and chickened out the night before. Here we are again and I’m going to need some positive reinforcement in order to go through with it, which sucks because I want this surgery so badly.

Mine is being done by Dr. Robert Marvin in Houston, TX. ❤️

Congratulations to you! You've come so far, you don't want to let fear win again, do you? I will be having surgery on October 4th and I'm very excited! We're going to do GREAT!!!

Doing the sleeve NEXT WEEK! On the 13th with Dr. Sashi Ganta in Austin, TX.

Currently on day 2 of 28 of liquids only (pre op 1 week & post op - 1w clear, 2w all liquids) and trying my best not to be hangry or cranky about it. But I am kind of hungry and cranky about it right now- not going to sugarcoat it.

But I am otherwise super excited about everything!

Hi! I had my Gastric Sleeve and hiatal hernia repair done on Monday, 10-4-21. I'm on full liquids until 10-18-21. So far I'm doing pretty good!

On 10/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Meganator said:

Doing the sleeve NEXT WEEK! On the 13th with Dr. Sashi Ganta in Austin, TX.

Currently on day 2 of 28 of liquids only (pre op 1 week & post op - 1w clear, 2w all liquids) and trying my best not to be hangry or cranky about it. But I am kind of hungry and cranky about it right now- not going to sugarcoat it.

But I am otherwise super excited about everything!

Tomorrow is the big day! Yesssss! Looking forward to counting down the days to purees.

How is my October sleeve crew doing? I'm recovering well. Tomorrow I'll hit the one week mark. The only pain I have is incision pain at the stomach extraction point. Hit 64oz yesterday, so I'm proud of that! It's also looking like I may be under 300 at my first post op appointment on Friday. Still on clears until then and then I'll move to all liquids for two weeks.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:02, Meganator said:

How is my October sleeve crew doing? I'm recovering well. Tomorrow I'll hit the one week mark. The only pain I have is incision pain at the stomach extraction point. Hit 64oz yesterday, so I'm proud of that! It's also looking like I may be under 300 at my first post op appointment on Friday. Still on clears until then and then I'll move to all liquids for two weeks.

Nice I am on week 2. I have my post op tomorrow hoping everything goes well. I am having trouble with the Water intakes so that is the only thing that is worrying me. My incision look ok except I have 1 that bleeds a little everyday after I shower.

7 hours ago, Meganator said:

My surgeon switched me to RNY gastric bypass last minute so I'm no longer part of the sleeve crew. I'm 6 days out and the first couple of days were tough because Tylenol just wasn't doing it. Luckily, I remembered I had a few stronger painkillers from a previous procedure and that helped so much. I've started craving solid food just a bit because I've been on a liquid diet for two weeks now. I keep finding things to do to distract myself from those thoughts.

Hi! I had my gastric sleeve surgery 2 days ago on the 20th. Nice to meet y'all :)

Hi!! I just had my surgery on Monday Oct. 18th!! Along with the sleeve I had my umbilical hernia repaired again. I sure do miss chewing. I'm struggling with craving everything I see and smell!

Having surgery on Monday 25 Oct. Day 2 of liquid diet, hasn't been too bad so far. It is all becoming real now and I'm a little anxious about what's to come after. It is a whole new way of living and I'm scared I won't be able to stick with it. Obviously, if I had the willpower before I wouldn't be where I am right now. Don't get me wrong, I want this, I need this but...I'm afraid I will let myself down. Sorry, I guess I'm just gong through the pre-surgery jitters, second guessing everything. Everyone on here is so inspiring and strong. I just hope I can be that strong too.