Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'08 - Who do you want?

Who do you want for President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want for President?

• Mitt Romney
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barak Obama
    • John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Edwards
    • Fred Thompson
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • Mike Gravel
    • Tom Tancredo

Ooops, Elenaton, you might want to steer clear of the thread about global warming. Think of your blood pressure.

Sorry, I just cannot stop speaking out when I think it is necessary. I am not an evil, mean-spirited person. I am sorry that my posts come across that way.

I do feel very strongly about the Republican agenda. It is diametrically opposite from mine.

You feel just as strongly about Democrats. You've been at least as outspoken against the Democratic candidates and agenda. And that's what this forum of Rants & Raves is all about, isn't it?

I may disagree with you (even vehemently) but I am glad that you have the opportunity to voice your beliefs here and I respect you as a person. I am glad to sort of get to know someone with strong feelings about the things going on in our country!

Btw, If you had an understanding of my personal background and experiences, you would not question my need to express myself in the things that I post here.

That being said, I am truly sorry if I offend you or anyone else here. I honestly mean that.

I almost seems as if I wrote your post myself, so I'll say this about myself..

No high blood pressure here.... so no need to try and run me of the thread, but thank you for your concern about my health..:redface:

I also can't stop speaking out when I feel is necessary, so we agree on that..

The democrat agenda is opposite from mine, at least for the most part, I don't think is possible to agree on absolutely everything with a particular party... in my opinion, it's almost stupid.... I'd like to think that even evil people have their moments of goodness....:biggrin:

I also think that's what R&R is here for, and to prove it , that's why I"m here often!

Of course I'm glad that we all can be outspoken about the way we feel about our country and our government, who wouldn't?

And last but not least, you nailed it when you said, if you had an understanding of my personal background and experiences, you would know exactly my need to express myself the way I do and why I feel the way I do on these issues as well... I feel the same way and btw, I have never questioned your need to express yourself here, not at all.

And I'm not offended.

Actually most of the topics here create interesting debates.:)

So I got to take a sip of Kool Aid today = the frezy that is "Obama" & it was pretty remarkable. Driving dowtown, I realized "Wow" there is the Grassy Knoll - then I saw the THOUSANDS of people lined up to get into Reunion Arena and had an eerie feeling I would witness something extraordinary. And I did. I must say (MO only of course) - I don't think another candidate will have a chance against him. I could NOT get over how many young students were lined up.....I thought that was all there was (cause in line I was surrounded by 18-22 yr olds) till I got inside.

So I'm going to Suck big time with the content of his words - because I was mezmirized with people watching. He had EVERY walk of life in attendance ... Including a lot of Republicans. It was a Pep Rally on steroids, and well why not, when you had Cowboy Great Emmit Smith warm up the crowd before Obama took stage. I was blinded by the camera phones going off left & right - He's got steam, and he's got people "Seriously" fired up , and that was fantastic to witness.

So MIL was warned by DH last night that I planned on taking her....She LOVED it - best time we've ever spent together to be honest. Not sure she's a convert, but she sure likened him to JFK - in the sense he's got the youth excited & truly wants to bring something new and fresh to office. I should have her write up what she took from today and post here, to get a Republican opinion of Obama...that would be an interesting take....

Lulu

Green, I could go ON, and almost sound like a star struck fool - because in a way I was.

His biggest round of applause came when he said, "no matter what - in Nov when you cast your Ballat...GW Bush will not be on it" ... , and that was in TX,!!! 'bout spit my Water out...LOL. He was very big on Education / Healthcare & getting us out of the War. There weren't too many barbs regarding Hillary, he saved those for McCain - like he knew that's what the race will be. He sounded very confident / very passionate & VERY Presidential.

It truly was fascinating and SO glad I went. The last time I heard a president speak was when I was in college and that was Bill Clinton. I thought Clinton had folks crazy,.... that was nothing.

Again, I people watched like crazy - and chatted up w/everyone around me. People taking the day off from work - Teachers bused students in - and a Nursing home Downtown transported several Elderly to catch a glimpse of Obama, it was a "Wow" day.

Thanks for posting back, luluc. Oddly enough one of the things which I found the most heartening in your post was that this cat, Obama, did not choose to engage himself in a major trash fest with his competition, Hillary Clinton. I remember when I was a single goose on the loose; I always fled from any man who spent his time with me trying to curry my favour by trashing his former romantic associates. I figured that the odds were generous that we, too, would split up and that then I would also be talked about in these mean, thin, and certainly ungenerous terms.

What goes fer dates also goes for political candidates, I figure. I am always repelled by a campaign which is built up upon the politics of the negative. I always feel that it is easy to trash others and that these criticisms are little more than cheap shots. I don't want to hear why your opponent cannot cut it. I want to hear nothing but optimism city from the candidates. I wanna hear why you can cut it. I wanna hear why you are the most valuable option out there. A campaign which is run on negativity is saying this: vote for me. I am the least offensive option available.

This doesn't sound all that attractive, does it? It is, nevertheless, a suitable option if you happen to live in Mali, a third world, land-locked African nation. This option to disengage from your electoral machine is one which is open to you but it is a stunningly foolish option. Electoral choices do not matter to Kenyans, Malis, and whole great big clutch of republics who are still anxious to display themselves as belonging among the lovely clutch of democratic nations.

Obama will not win. He may win the Dem ticket but will be shredded up when its head to head. I am still waiting to hear some substance from the democrats other than bashing Bush. Don't they realize he is not running again? His 8 yrs are up. Obama has no experience and it will show. McCain has my vote now. You have to hear the military people over here and how much they are tired of the crap being spewed out of the democrats exspecialy Pelosi. They have been great for there morale. :)

Interestingly - I read this past wkend in the WSJ, that in a poll of Military Families (not a poll fan myself - but this caught my attention) their choice of Presidential Candidate was ranked as follows:

1. Ron Paul

2. Barak Obama

3. John McCain

I firmly believe that Obama can capture Republican & Independent voters in his direction, can't say that about McCain. Yes he'll get a share of Independents, but I've yet to hear a single Democrat say they'll be voting for a Republican - McCain.

As of this morning, McCain has other problems - the possibility of an Affair with a lobbyist in the Telecommunication Sector while he was Chairman of the Commerce Commitee.....

Guess the Race is Truly "ON"...

Be Safe Chris!!!!

Chris: Please don't accuse the Democrats of being stupid for trashing Bush at this point - the Republicans are still trashing Clinton constantly and he's been out of office for a long time. They claim that it is because he's married to Hillary Clinton who's running. Well, grow up. They may have similar goals and political aspirations, but they are not the same person. Nor is McCain the same person as Bush even though they share similar goals and political aspirations.

Head to head, McCain has no chance against Obama.

luluc I went home early yesterday, turned on the TV and witnessed something that I've never seen in my life! They showed the 17,000 strong throng of people watching Obama and then they showed the outside of the building where thousands more stood, wanting to get in. They showed people from every direction pouring onto the streets trying to get to the building to get to see Barback Obama. It was, had to have been, record breaking this early in the race.

I have lived through many presidential elections, the life and death of two Kennedy's, the life and death of Martin Luther King, the marches on Washington during the 60's, the Kent State massacre, the horrible marches all over the country in support of integration, and nothing compares to what I watched yesterday in support of one man. It is in a word, phenominal.

I don't know what could possibly slow or stop this momentum, but it made me want to jump for joy at the possibility of this country coming together behind someone who has a good heart and a good brain.

Hallelulah and Amen!!!

green: wouldn't it be amazing if Obama were to run a clean race, all the way to the end? I've never seen it happen completely in this country. It always winds up down and dirty, but I'm going to cross my fingers!

At the very least, this is shaping up to be a very interesting race to the White House.

It will be interesting to see how Obama handles the suggestion by McCain that they limit their campaign spending.

Obama will not win. He may win the Dem ticket but will be shredded up when its head to head. I am still waiting to hear some substance from the democrats other than bashing Bush. Don't they realize he is not running again? His 8 yrs are up. Obama has no experience and it will show. McCain has my vote now. You have to hear the military people over here and how much they are tired of the crap being spewed out of the democrats exspecialy Pelosi. They have been great for there morale. :smile:

Nice to see you here Chris!

And of course, I agree with you...:tongue2:

Chris: Please don't accuse the Democrats of being stupid for trashing Bush at this point - the Republicans are still trashing Clinton constantly and he's been out of office for a long time. They claim that it is because he's married to Hillary Clinton who's running. Well, grow up. They may have similar goals and political aspirations, but they are not the same person. Nor is McCain the same person as Bush even though they share similar goals and political aspirations.

Head to head, McCain has no chance against Obama.

First I never called the democrats stupid. You did. Second, would anyone know Hillary or do you think she would have won the senate if Bill wasn't just the president? Isn't that why she moved to a Democratic state to run in in the first place?

Grow up ? I hope your not talking to me. If you are then I will not even bother to respond to you.

I am allowed my opinion as you are and we don't have to agree in each others opinion. Mine still stands.

Luluc,

Thank you !

Just curious where that poll was at? I can see that being true for the reason the Dems want the troops home and of course the families of the troops home also. I know most of the Marines I speek to don't care for what the Dems have been saying. The whole loosing the war comments and stuff like that. I can tell you from 1st hand knowledge and speeking to people here that things are definately WAY better than they were.

Just curious where that poll was at? I can see that being true for the reason the Dems want the troops home and of course the families of the troops home also. I know most of the Marines I speek to don't care for what the Dems have been saying. The whole loosing the war comments and stuff like that. I can tell you from 1st hand knowledge and speeking to people here that things are definately WAY better than they were.

Chris, I think the war has been won.

luluc I went home early yesterday, turned on the TV and witnessed something that I've never seen in my life! They showed the 17,000 strong throng of people watching Obama and then they showed the outside of the building where thousands more stood, wanting to get in. They showed people from every direction pouring onto the streets trying to get to the building to get to see Barback Obama. It was, had to have been, record breaking this early in the race.

It Was insane. People started lining up apparently @ 3am when the doors weren't to be open till 10:30. Obama didn't take the stage till just about 1pm, and during that time it was like a Rock Concert - the atmosphere.

MO, the fact he can rally Republicans/Independents & Dems in one place to hear him speak just seems unheard of.

I don't know a single person that went to hear Huckabee speak at Community College here last night, nor hit up the 3 Jr. Colleges around town that had Chelsey Clinton speak...They barely even got Press coverage. The news was all about Obama - I feel he's unstopable. , again that's just MO.