Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'08 - Who do you want?

Who do you want for President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want for President?

• Mitt Romney
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barak Obama
    • John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Edwards
    • Fred Thompson
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • Mike Gravel
    • Tom Tancredo

Going to see Obama speak tomorrow - Downtown Dallas....Dragging my "now" Huckabee Fan Mother In Law :cursing:, She thinks I'm just taking her to brunch.

Green! That's priceless and absolutely the way I see him... Huckabee, the love child of Dubya and Benny Hinn.

luluc I did not know that Obama was in big D tomorrow. Please give us a report afterwards. If I were your MIL and you surprised me with a political speech when I was expecting your undivided attention, I'm not sure I would be thrilled. Well, that's not true. Being the political animal that I seem to be, I'd probably be delighted.

My DIL would NEVER take me to a political rally of any kind. That would mean she would have to listen to my assessment of the speech all the way home and her head would explode. :cursing:

I'll definitely let ya know how it goes - looking forward to it, as I'm on the fence. As far as MIL goes **she loves politics** she'd much rather be there than have MY undivided attention no matter who the candidate is . Secretly I think she's a fan, but her church would ex-communicate her if they knew...:cursing:

Benny Hinn, now thats funny.

She's Catholic?

I used to have a client who was totally into Benny Hinn. His ministry was located in Orlando and when she and her husband moved to town, they were overwhelmed with joy at the thought of being able to be a part of his congregation. They were anxious to make their financial pledge too. (They were "blessed" financially.) I thought they were kidding when they first told me how much they believed in Benny. Good thing I didn't bust out in the side splitting uproarious belly laugh that I was feeling on the inside. :cursing: Had I done that, it would've been bye, bye client!

Can't wait to hear what you think of Obama!

My Bad - She is SOOOOOOOOOOO not Catholic, that would be me..well Catholic Lite Now: Episocal.

She's "Assembly of God", her Dad was a Preacher in that faith .., so was her FIL. Can you just see family gatherings with my "Liberal" parents and them ** I have to warn my parents** for DAYS not to bring up Religion or Politics - but that NEVER happens.

Thank God for the "Lesbians" (my SIL & Partner) - brought my Inlaws down to Earth on a lot of their Church Doctrine...Anyway I digressed, I'll definitetly post tomorrow Evening ...

Oooh. Now I get it. I have a feeling that Huckabee might be her man.

I might have more to chat about than Obama...Ha!!

She's commented she "likes" Obama, but she also likes Wine - but won't let anyone other than me know:tongue2:

Wine? Oh the sins of the wicked. I hope Obama is good and that the outing gives her an opportunity to think for herself. :cursing:

I might have more to chat about than Obama...Ha!!

She's commented she "likes" Obama, but she also likes Wine - but won't let anyone other than me know:tongue2:

"Obamacans" - Republicans who secretly back Obama

The great news is that they get to go into the voting booth all by themselves and they can vote any way they please and no one need EVER know!

Barack My World!

:cursing:

Anyone read the online blog yesterday about the push to make John McCain use Condi Rice for his Veep? Those Republicans! Trying to dream up their own dream ticket.

Personally I believe that if they run Condi for VP, it will backfire and they'll wish they hadn't. They can run some very negative anti-Condi ads showing her saying some really nutty stuff over the past 7 years.

Anyone read the online blog yesterday about the push to make John McCain use Condi Rice for his Veep? Those Republicans! Trying to dream up their own dream ticket.

Personally I believe that if they run Condi for VP, it will backfire and they'll wish they hadn't. They can run some very negative anti-Condi ads showing her saying some really nutty stuff over the past 7 years.

Oh BJean, when it comes to politics you are vicious baby!:biggrin: what am I going to do with you:confused2:

I would like to see that ticket, and as far as bringing up anti-Condi adds? that could be done to just about any of the candidates... last election they had some serious fun with Kerry and Edwards.... they can do that to both parties... so chill out with the republicans now...:)

Ooops, Elenaton, you might want to steer clear of the thread about global warming. Think of your blood pressure.

Sorry, I just cannot stop speaking out when I think it is necessary. I am not an evil, mean-spirited person. I am sorry that my posts come across that way.

I do feel very strongly about the Republican agenda. It is diametrically opposite from mine.

You feel just as strongly about Democrats. You've been at least as outspoken against the Democratic candidates and agenda. And that's what this forum of Rants & Raves is all about, isn't it?

I may disagree with you (even vehemently) but I am glad that you have the opportunity to voice your beliefs here and I respect you as a person. I am glad to sort of get to know someone with strong feelings about the things going on in our country!

Btw, If you had an understanding of my personal background and experiences, you would not question my need to express myself in the things that I post here.

That being said, I am truly sorry if I offend you or anyone else here. I honestly mean that.