Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips on how to shrink the Fat on Hips, belly, tummy and thighs

So I have lost 100lbs, and I am 11 months post op. I still have about 70 lbs. to go to reach my goal weight. No worries there.
What I am noticing is that my butt, belly, hips and tummy still seem to have a lot of fattiness to them. I still have that top part of the belly, under the bust, that seems fatty as well. I have a waist, but then I have the belly apron fat. Any tips on how to reduce this? I am not talking about loose skin, and yes that is a part of it, but it seems like it is still carrying some fat. I do not exercise, and was wondering at my age (62), if exercising is going to help at all. I was thinking of trying to do some light aerobics, and some sit ups, etc. Do I need to give it time for my body to loose the rest of the weight? Any thoughts, tips or ideas would be great.

Your body loses the fat where it wants, when it wants. There is nothing you can do to speed up fat lose in a specific area of the body. A rule of thumb, although not at all tested or true for everyone, is first on, first off, so if you originally stored your fat in those areas, they will be the last areas to lose the fat.

And...I'm a firm believer that exercise helps everyone, regardless of age. Perhaps even more so with age, as there are a number of positive mental/cognitive returns on time spent exercising, beyond the physical benefits.

I agree with FutureSkyDiver - fat is lost unevenly, and you really can't do much to control it. Exercise is great for you regardless of age. I exercise a lot more that I'm now in my 60s than I have at any other time of my adult life. It not only boosts your weight loss (although as they say, diet is at least 80% of weight loss), but it's great for your overall health.

I'm 53 and when I was exercising all the time I felt so much better. I had to stop for a while for surgeries, but I'm going to start again. I think it is good for any age. I see 80 year olds at planet fitness a lot of the time and they are outdoing me on everything. I'm in awe of them.
You have to start somewhere. I recommend having your heart and everything checked first and then start. Any movement is better than none. :)

My mother is 79 and does Water aerobics 4 days a week. There are lots of options for seniors.

I agree with @FutureSkyDiver too. Our body tends to have places it prefers to store fat. For some it’s their tummy, others their butt, or breasts, or thighs, etc. Where did you tend to store your weight? When you previously put on weight, where did it go first? When you lose weight those places will likely be the last place the fat will go.

What is your natural body shape? Pear, apple, hourglass, triangle, etc.? Even at a low weight that basic body shape will remain unless you become underweight & with very little or no body fat.

I always have an hourglass shape regardless of my weight - the dimension ratios are just much smaller now 😉. I have a little pooch that sits above my waist & below my bust. I never had it when I was younger but have it now even though I weigh 10kg less. I blame that on age (56) & genetics (my mum has it too).