Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days till surgery

Leslie, Don’t worry, you have a beautiful life ahead. All the best!

Please keep us posted on your surgery. My surgery is on 10/8 and I have the pre-op class tomorrow. I am a bit nervous of failing and I think watching too many videos on how to get all the Protein. I keep going back and forth!

1 minute ago, curvygal said:

Please keep us posted on your surgery. My surgery is on 10/8 and I have the pre-op class tomorrow. I am a bit nervous of failing and I think watching too many videos on how to get all the Protein. I keep going back and forth!

Don’t worry about the Protein. The first day or two it can be hard to sip but you’re not going to damage yourself if you don’t get your protein in for a day.

My surgeon said sip half an ounce every five minutes. If I sip a Fairlife CorePower that’s 26g in 14 oz, and an Isopure is 32g in 16 oz. That’s five hours of sipping to get 58g of protein.

Just treat it like your full time job until your system settles enough for you to take a mouthful at a time. Try to sip protein containing liquids until you get your protein in.

And remember that any “liquid” counts as fluid… sugar free Jello counts, sugar free pudding counts.

I'm just over a week out and I had all these fears a few weeks ago. (Except about the piercings!) I must have had the TAP block too, because I was in very little pain at the hospital, but I was in a lot of pain once I got home (mostly when I tried to get up from lying down or when I was walking). I did take 3 total opioid pills but I would probably have survived with just the Tylenol (although I'd have been quite uncomfortable). I don't take the tylenol around the clock anymore, but I still need it sometimes. I had a lot of trouble getting in my liquid and Protein the first three days, but now I'm getting at least 80 oz a day of liquid and about 80g of protein. My plan doesn't allow pudding. I'm eating strained Soup (hot and sour or tom yum or onion or tomato), light greek yogurt, Protein Drinks, and a tiny bit of sugar free Jello, although that doesn't appeal to me much. I'm drinking iced Decaf coffee mixed with Protein Drink, low sugar drink packets mixed with 24 oz of Water (like crystal light but I don't like their flavors), and cold water. I need to eat every few hours and I'll sit on the couch with a water bottle on my lap until I've drunk at least 8 oz before doing anything else. I'm not a big TV watcher, so I'm doing this while listening to podcasts or talking on the phone. Best of luck to you all!