Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

3 days post op still in the hospital with 🥵 🤒 Fluoroscopy, CT w/contrast, Venus ultrasound was done on both of my legs, c-diff panel. Heart Rate above 115. Today I am doing better. They have ruled out leakage, peritonitis, sepsis, A bit worry but I know each body responses very different after surgery. Has similar reaction when my gallbladder was remove. No pain though able to walk freely around the ward, bathroom is not an issue. Cramps because of the gas but other than that today is the 1st without fever so hopefully the next 24 hours are decisive and taking antibiotics. I do not regret going Thru all this I know my health is going to be way better as time goes by as long as I follow my team’s direction.

19 minutes ago, EsojLabina said:

3 days post op still in the hospital with 🥵 🤒 Fluoroscopy, CT w/contrast, Venus ultrasound was done on both of my legs, c-diff panel. Heart Rate above 115. Today I am doing better. They have ruled out leakage, peritonitis, sepsis, A bit worry but I know each body responses very different after surgery. Has similar reaction when my gallbladder was remove. No pain though able to walk freely around the ward, bathroom is not an issue. Cramps because of the gas but other than that today is the 1st without fever so hopefully the next 24 hours are decisive and taking antibiotics. I do not regret going Thru all this I know my health is going to be way better as time goes by as long as I follow my team’s direction.

Hi there,

Aww I’m so sorry you are going through this.

I know after my surgery my blood pressure went up a bit for 2 days and I was told it was the effects of the Anaesthetic but my pulse was too low.
we all react differently to it.
I really hope you get sorted and the heart rate decreases.
you will get better with each day it is a day closer to the new you!
stay strong lady!
Gas pains are normal and suck but they will get better. I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow and things have improved for me so much.
Mira hard to start but worth it in the end.
hang in there.

20 minutes ago, Shrinkingvee said:

Hi there,

Aww I’m so sorry you are going through this.

I know after my surgery my blood pressure went up a bit for 2 days and I was told it was the effects of the Anaesthetic but my pulse was too low.
we all react differently to it.
I really hope you get sorted and the heart rate decreases.
you will get better with each day it is a day closer to the new you!
stay strong lady!
Gas pains are normal and suck but they will get better. I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow and things have improved for me so much.
Mira hard to start but worth it in the end.
hang in there.

Thank for the words of encouragement

I had a gastric sleeve on October 25th.

18 hours ago, Mz D said:

I didn't. Did you have a canula or something that would have irritated your nasal passage?

Yes I did. And my nose and throat are still healing I haven’t had a whole lot of energy.

November 19th I’m having my lap band removed and replaced with the MGB. Trying to get me head right about the drastic change in foods I will be allowed especially the 1st couple of months. Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays are traditionally big eating holidays and will not be enjoying the feasts as before… I suppose I will have to clean out the pantry and fridge if unacceptable foods etc. any suggestions heading into this. I’m in Atlanta area if anyone is close let me know.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:41 AM, Kaguragetshealthy_87 said:

Did anyone else have a nosebleed after surgery?

Yes. I think it's leftover from intubation. It took a good week for my sinuses to feel normal. The blood thinners don't help a nose bleed either. If it's a chronic issue post op, let your support team know.

I just had the gastric sleeve done on October 27. I'm doing pretty good.

Mine was on October 14th. It’s really nice to see how positive and excited everyone is. But it is equally as important to acknowledge our fears and the reality of recovery. I was very scared going into it and everyone said “you’ll be fine, and shared their positive experiences”. I was planning to have family come to stay and help out with the recovery period but because of all the positive experiences, I didn’t go that direction and really regret that decision. I am now 2.5 weeks post op and it has been so difficult to manage all the different pieces related to the diet whilst trying to manage anemia and other issues that arose post op. I see others that had the surgery on the same day as I and with the same doctor go through an easy recovery period. We’re all different and the reality is that it is not always easy, complications are possible, and we need to be prepared for complications.

On 11/01/2021 at 19:53, Cz829x18 said:

I just had the gastric sleeve done on October 27. I'm doing pretty good.

I had mine done the same day!! Recovery has been pretty good for me as well. Worse part was the gas pain and disrupted sleep from sleeping on my back.

The gas sucks. I've been able to sleep on my sides the past two nights so that has been better for me.

chewable Gas X has been a blessing!! I’ll see how sleeping on my side goes tonight.
How are you doing with craving food/head hunger?

7 hours ago, lalalovestodance said:

Mine was on October 14th. It’s really nice to see how positive and excited everyone is. But it is equally as important to acknowledge our fears and the reality of recovery. I was very scared going into it and everyone said “you’ll be fine, and shared their positive experiences”. I was planning to have family come to stay and help out with the recovery period but because of all the positive experiences, I didn’t go that direction and really regret that decision. I am now 2.5 weeks post op and it has been so difficult to manage all the different pieces related to the diet whilst trying to manage anemia and other issues that arose post op. I see others that had the surgery on the same day as I and with the same doctor go through an easy recovery period. We’re all different and the reality is that it is not always easy, complications are possible, and we need to be prepared for complications.

You are spot on with what you say, I’m 3 weeks post op and it’s been the toughest journey I’ve ever walked and I’ve been up and down throughout these 3 weeks.
it’s not easy.
I know it will get easier but I’ve been down every other day as apparently with fat loss your estrogen levels rise and that causes feeling down so that sucks.
Im still finding it hard to get my Fluid intake in and in turn now today have a Migraine probably due to dehydration.
im eating soft food and cracker crisp bread with a little cheese or chicken with avocado or yeast extract.
Ive gone off eggs, that’s a shame.
my sense of smell and taste seems so different, I don’t know if anyone else’s has changed?
I’ve lost a total of 17lbs since my op and lost 16 with pre op diet.
I feel like it’s slow this week like a quarter of a pound but I’ve been told there is a 3 week stall.
I’m really fed up with the down days.
Ive not gone back to work yet.
Took another week off.
Im really struggling today.
I’m sorry to be so negative but when I read your insert and though you are so right, people need to know complications can arise as issues and to know you will need support.

Edited by Shrinkingvee

15 hours ago, cori314 said:

chewable Gas X has been a blessing!! I’ll see how sleeping on my side goes tonight.
How are you doing with craving food/head hunger?

I'm doing good on that part. It don't help seeing all these food commercials on tv, but it is what it is. My dietician told me I can have Tomato Soup and oatmeal once I was discharged from the hospital so that stuff does fill you up. I just keep drinking Protein Drinks and other liquids. Also sugar free popsicles, Jello and pudding.

23 hours ago, lalalovestodance said:

I honestly don't know if I'd have survived the day of my surgery if my mom hadn't come with me. Between the phenergan and the versed, my O2 kept dipping down into the 80s because I was so snowed under that I wasn't breathing regularly even when they brought me back to my room, and no alarm had been set on my pulse ox. My mom being a nurse watched my sats closely and kept rousing me to take deep breaths. The day of the surgery is mostly a blur but I'm super glad I had support when I needed it. I hope your experience is getting better now that you're home and recovering from the anemia!