Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

Hi all! I was sleeved Oct 21! 😁

I was sleeved on October 13!

I am 36/F living in Ohio. I have 2 kids, a soon to be 11 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. My high weight was when I was pregnant with my son, over 300 lbs. Starting weight was 288, got down to 271 before 2 week liquid diet, then got down to 253 day of surgery. I am almost 2 weeks post op and am down to 238.

I also live in Ohio and had my sleeve on 10/13!! We need to be friends 😉 Not asking specifics but what area of Ohio do you live in?

How are you feeling? What stage diet are you in? Puréed for me. Struggling to find things to eat

Dayton area!

I feel good, I am also in puree stage until Nov 10, then soft foods Nov 11 for 8 weeks.

Hi everyone, I’m in my 3rd week post op and very hormonal due a period and for the first time I’m experiencing real hunger, help!
Has anyone else experienced the usual hormonal hunger that you had before op?
I’ve lost 14lbs in total but not lost anything for 4 days.
I’m on soft foods a week earlier as Soups were going straight through me.
I don’t know how to control this hunger when I can’t eat.

I have schedule my duodenum switch for tomorrow at 5:30 am est. Nervous for sure mainly for the pooping part lol… I am a COVID long hauler but all my doctors cleared me medically including mentally. I’ve had my sleeve done back in 2018 end of Oct too and was successful but since I got COVID my lack of mobility, steroids shots in my lower back and all the medicine didn’t help me. I went from 370 from my highest down to 215-220 then post my recovery I ballooned to 298 😞. But is cool I’m down to 288 as of now! Now to find out what my turnaround will be!!

3 hours ago, hesco0 said:

I have schedule my duodenum switch for tomorrow at 5:30 am est. Nervous for sure mainly for the pooping part lol… I am a COVID long hauler but all my doctors cleared me medically including mentally. I’ve had my sleeve done back in 2018 end of Oct too and was successful but since I got COVID my lack of mobility, steroids shots in my lower back and all the medicine didn’t help me. I went from 370 from my highest down to 215-220 then post my recovery I ballooned to 298 😞. But is cool I’m down to 288 as of now! Now to find out what my turnaround will be!!

Good luck 🍀

17 hours ago, MegThrash said:

Hi all! I was sleeved Oct 21! 😁

Hi I had my gastric sleeve surgery on Oct 21. How are you doing post op?

I'm doing alright. I'm really struggling to stay hydrated. For the first few days, the smallest amount of Water would make me so sick. Now, not so much nausea. Just hard to get much down! How about you? How are you feeling?

Hiya, I was the same the first few days to a week was very hard to get sips down and wasn’t drinking enough, I’m still not and I’m 2 and a half weeks post op.
my Bariactric nurse suggested Soups in between meals to up my Fluid intake.
we are supposed to have at least 1.8 pints a day, 1 litre, I’ve only managed it once but I’m trying.
mist a learning curve.
you will get there, it gets easier, my nurse actually told me to add no added sugar squash to make it easier to drink and it has seemed to work.
We are told to start soft foods like flaked fish etc after 3 weeks and now until then puréed food.
I get down about 1- 1 and a half table spoons worth of food but because I was due a period I struggled the last few days of actually feeling hungry although probably head hunger as when I’m hormonal I normally feel more hungry and eat more so that was a struggle.
I’ve not feeling sick but have suffered a lot with the runs and had to take Imodium.
im trying to eliminate what food it might be.
I was told to stop taking the Zoton as it can cause diarrhoea so got to wait until it’s out of my system.

I have recovered quite well as incisions are nearly healed and I’m able to sleep on 1 side now rather than on my back.
my stomach inside where they pulled my stomach out is the most painful but believe me day by day it does get better.

I was given 9 days to prepare for the gastric sleeve and I’ve found most support online, I really was walking in the dark with it.
I have PCOS and metabolic syndrome so needed to have this done.
I wish you a healing recovery and any help or questions you need to ask feel free to ask me.
we can help each other through this change.
vicky x

7 minutes ago, Shrinkingvee said:

Hiya, I was the same the first few days to a week was very hard to get sips down and wasn’t drinking enough, I’m still not and I’m 2 and a half weeks post op.
my Bariactric nurse suggested Soups in between meals to up my Fluid intake.
we are supposed to have at least 1.8 pints a day, 1 litre, I’ve only managed it once but I’m trying.
mist a learning curve.
you will get there, it gets easier, my nurse actually told me to add no added sugar squash to make it easier to drink and it has seemed to work.
We are told to start soft foods like flaked fish etc after 3 weeks and now until then puréed food.
I get down about 1- 1 and a half table spoons worth of food but because I was due a period I struggled the last few days of actually feeling hungry although probably head hunger as when I’m hormonal I normally feel more hungry and eat more so that was a struggle.
I’ve not feeling sick but have suffered a lot with the runs and had to take Imodium.
im trying to eliminate what food it might be.
I was told to stop taking the Zoton as it can cause diarrhoea so got to wait until it’s out of my system.

I have recovered quite well as incisions are nearly healed and I’m able to sleep on 1 side now rather than on my back.
my stomach inside where they pulled my stomach out is the most painful but believe me day by day it does get better.

I was given 9 days to prepare for the gastric sleeve and I’ve found most support online, I really was walking in the dark with it.
I have PCOS and metabolic syndrome so needed to have this done.
I wish you a healing recovery and any help or questions you need to ask feel free to ask me.
we can help each other through this change.
vicky x

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to eat again! Haha. Today is my last day on clears and tomorrow I'm good for full liquids. I know I can't eat any of it, but everyone's food has been smelling so good and making me miss eating ANYTHING. I'm very excited to have a little yogurt or oatmeal!

That incision (where they pull your stomach out) is the worst for me too! All the others seem to be fine. I don't even feel them anymore. I also had a hernia repair during the surgery, so internally I'm super sore. It's not as bad as I expected though. I had a c-section with my son, and I feel like that recovery was agonizing in comparison.

I have a post-op appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to mention some of your suggestions to see if I can try them too! All suggestions are definitely appreciated. We're in this together!

Meg xoxo

Yes we are in this together, I had a caesarean with my son too but I found this pain far worse than that.

everyone is different though.
what hospital did you have yours?
It seems every hospital does things differently 1-4 weeks pureed.
4-8 weeks soft foods

8-12 weeks normal foods.
but also told it’s our journey and it’s just a guide.
We don’t get an appointment post op for 6 weeks so literally have to get on with it.

it’s so nice to know someone who’s going through it around the same sort of time as me. I’ve posted the guide they gave me.
xx

6A0AD2C3-8A3D-4291-93A1-58C9A3AE944C.jpeg