Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

4 days post surgery and I am literally up by 7 lbs. I’ve had 2 Protein Shakes and plain Water only each day. Should I be concerned/ call my doctor?

You were filled with Fluid the day of surgery so you will be bloated for a couple days. Plus your body is still adjusting. It is not advised you weigh yourself before 4-6 weeks

On 10/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jule said:

Had mine 2 days ago on October 20th.

Hi I had mine on the 21s. How is it going getting fluids down? I can Handel sipping 6 ounces in an hour before my stomach hurts even more then it does at present baseline. How’s your Fluid intake going?

5 minutes ago, Vfls said:

Hi I had mine on the 21s. How is it going getting fluids down? I can Handel sipping 6 ounces in an hour before my stomach hurts even more then it does at present baseline. How’s your Fluid intake going?

I had mine on the 20th. I can get the fluids in but not without pain. They go down my throat fine but then i get a sharp knifelike pain right below my ribs no matter what size siP I take. Is that what you’re experiencing? I’m just concerned because my weight is up 7 lbs since surgery.

23 minutes ago, Tupelo said:

I had mine on the 20th. I can get the fluids in but not without pain. They go down my throat fine but then i get a sharp knifelike pain right below my ribs no matter what size siP I take. Is that what you’re experiencing? I’m just concerned because my weight is up 7 lbs since surgery.

I just found in another post how this is normal. It was the 7 day post gastric sleeve post. I was so glad to read those responses I thought I was having complications. By the way my weight was up to then I did some yoga poses for gas pain relief and started passing Flatbush and having diarrhea and my weight start going down. I had been told the weight gain was the gas they pumped into us to do the surgery and we had to wait till the bod absorbed it. guess mine finally is. Also any surgery is treated by the body as an acute trauma so you have holding on of fluids and inflammation that adds to that weight gain. Give it 3 days and the normal surgery weight gain will go away.

I’m on day 4 post surgery and am having a very hard time with fluids & Protein. I have Water constantly near me and am sipping on it constantly, might be getting 12-14 oz a day. My protein intake is around 30 grams a day, I can’t finish a shake, I put it back in the fridge and have some protein Soup, can only manage a few sips of that. More that a sip feels like a brick is sitting on my chest. My Dr told me most people struggle with it and just do the best I can. I’ve read through the threads and it seems pretty common. I’m actually up a couple pounds since surgery, hoping that’s the gas and will start seeing the scale go down soon. Hurt like hell the first 2 days, the shoulder pain!! 🔥🔥 And day 3 my arms and hands hurt so bad my husband got compression gloves for me that helped. Looking forward to the honeymoon phase cuz it certainly isn’t here yet. 😉

Hello my friend..my surgery is the 25th, I am having the Sadi, as long as my Dr. can do it. I have alot of adhesions and lost alot of small intestines yrs ago from something I went through. I'm praying it can happen...I'm so worried about that, he won't know until he looks..

Best of luck to you.....hope you have no problems..Donna

Surgery twins! I had mine October 11th also. How are you feeling?

Had my bypass on 21st so 2 days post op and I went out shopping today! This is sooo different than my sleeve 8 years ago. I think I was in the bed for at least a week with pain.

I think getting up more and my doctor prescribing me some topical pain relief as well.

So far no hunger so I am just trying to keep ice and Water in the little medicine cups. It helps me not be too overwhelmed.

Nauseous for sure, And gas! I will try the heating pad. I TOO was up 4 lbs do to all the iv fluids and gas they pump in you. But hoping to see that drop soon!

Good luck to all!

9 hours ago, Jule said:

I’m on day 4 post surgery and am having a very hard time with fluids & Protein. I have Water constantly near me and am sipping on it constantly, might be getting 12-14 oz a day. My Protein intake is around 30 grams a day, I can’t finish a shake, I put it back in the fridge and have some protein Soup, can only manage a few sips of that. More that a sip feels like a brick is sitting on my chest. My Dr told me most people struggle with it and just do the best I can. I’ve read through the threads and it seems pretty common. I’m actually up a couple pounds since surgery, hoping that’s the gas and will start seeing the scale go down soon. Hurt like hell the first 2 days, the shoulder pain!! 🔥🔥 And day 3 my arms and hands hurt so bad my husband got compression gloves for me that helped. Looking forward to the honeymoon phase cuz it certainly isn’t here yet. 😉

As I sit her sipping a Premier Latte Protein Shake back and taking 90 minutes and still not done. I use to love the taste but now I find it to sweet. Each little sip down I feel and god forbid I accidentally take a regular size swallow, UGH THE PAIN. I know they said the shoulder pain is from the surgery gas. I did some yoga poses for release of gas and that helped. I have rheumatoid arthritis and use to use the finger tip less compression gloves. Love them. I would assume the pain outside of the shoulder and belly is from the usual body reaction to surgery ie generalized thirdspacing fluids & inflammation. But we can not have NSAIDS. I am crushing acetaminophen 1000 mg every 6 h which is somewhat effective just need to mix with mylanta to get it down. I would rather some ibuprofen but we can not have for two weeks. Did you take the oxycodone the Drs offered? I was afraid to . How’s today for you any better?

I agree, it's too sweet now. It's going to be amazing if I don't like sweet flavors anymore! Someone else mentioned that they switched to the plain vanilla shake and that was better. I've taken the oxycodone a couple times, mainly at night. I found Tylenol that dissolves and tastes like berry on Amazon, that might be easier than crushing yours and mixing with Mylanta.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0891HCPV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pain is much better. I just keep sipping on my watermelon flavored Hint Water.

Surgery date was 10/18! I’m currently 6days post op. Can y’all give me some helpful ideas and tips on how to get thru the rest of my liquid phase! Y’all I’m struggling. Thanks

On 10/25/2021 at 00:36, tawni3110 said:

I had mine on 10/21 and the pain won't ease up. It's the incision where my stomach would most likely be. Anyone in this boat too?

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 2.5 weeks post op. My pain started there a few days post op, but I as gone a week later. If I do so much I can feel it at that spot, but nothing like it was.

19 hours ago, Jule said:

I agree, it's too sweet now. It's going to be amazing if I don't like sweet flavors anymore! Someone else mentioned that they switched to the plain vanilla shake and that was better. I've taken the oxycodone a couple times, mainly at night. I found Tylenol that dissolves and tastes like berry on Amazon, that might be easier than crushing yours and mixing with Mylanta.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0891HCPV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pain is much better. I just keep sipping on my watermelon flavored Hint Water.

Thanks for the link for the dissolvable Tylenol. What Protein Soup are you using? I drink chicken Bone Broth but not enough protein. Never mind not liking my favorite shakes Now I am finding myself craving cumin , paprika, turmeric, and other savory spices. I hope your pain is getting better. I figured out today that walking really is helping. I may of overdone it but I feel way better. Also it hurts less to swallow. I figured out I was swallowing in a way that I also swallowed air. It’s amazing to think I use to guzzle 500 ml in 5 minutes. Now I can only drink half that in 30 minutes. Pain in abdomen still I think from to. Much stomach acid. The left shoulder pain comes and goes. How’s your hands? Any better? I am kinda excited in a way. Can not wait to see the pounds drop after working so hard and getting no where. I have been told to not watch my weight till about 4 weeks out.