Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

Hi Everyone!

my name is Chenon and I’m in Wisconsin. I’m set for 10/1 to have the sleeve procedure. I made a deal with myself that I needed to make the changes first for a year and then do the surgery. So I did … and list 125lbs in the last 16 months!

Even so, this 2 week all liquid diet is legit killing me. I struggled at first, then I was traveling and that was a different kind of beast, now I’m home and my family eats yummy stuff, but not me.

My surgery got cancelled after getting my EGD. They say I have Diabetic Gastroparesis. Now before I can get my Bariatric surgery (which actually is a treatment for Gastroparesis) I have to do a four hour stomach emptying test. I will get that on October 12. Hopefully surgery will be in my future after the surgeon gets those results.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been scheduled for 10/29 for VSG. Nervous and excited.

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date October 27th 🤠

What are some of ya'lls requirements before surgery? Mine just have me on my normal diet, day before I'll have shakes but nothing drastic.

Hi! So my surgery will be next Friday, the 8th.. originally was the 7th but surgeon needed to switch. I had my pre-op yesterday and I only have to fill my post-op meds (like pain medicine), get a COVID test on the 4th and get some labs drawn. That’s it. No special diet or anything like that.

I’m having a hernia repair at the same time. I’m so worried about dehydration and pain afterwards I’m having trouble sleeping now, lol! I’m excited but it just needs to happen so I don’t have to keep thinking about the what-ifs.

How is everyone else doing today??

25 minutes ago, LyricalWarfare said:

Hi! So my surgery will be next Friday, the 8th.. originally was the 7th but surgeon needed to switch. I had my pre-op yesterday and I only have to fill my post-op meds (like pain medicine), get a COVID test on the 4th and get some labs drawn. That’s it. No special diet or anything like that.

I’m having a hernia repair at the same time. I’m so worried about dehydration and pain afterwards I’m having trouble sleeping now, lol! I’m excited but it just needs to happen so I don’t have to keep thinking about the what-ifs.

How is everyone else doing today??

Hi! doing well. My surgery is 10/4 and I'm also having hernia repair at the same time.

I did pre-op with on 9/20, at my surgeon's office. I had my PAT Lab work on 9/27 and my COVID test is 10/1. I'm on the 2nd week of my 2 week, pre-op, liver shrinking diet. I also received all my post-op meds.

During my pre-op, they decided to have me see a pulmonologist which was yesterday, for a last minute clearance!

oct 6 sleeve to gastric bypass my birthday is the 8th lost alot of weight @ goal weight but gerd and heart burn has been kicking my butt. been hospitalized to many times. can’t wait need relief

Hi! 👋 ☺️ I’m scheduled for gastric sleeve on 10/19! Just found out today. Super nervous about approval still but I’m just over here so excited while I’m hoping and praying!

On 9/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, Alon said:

My surgery date is october 1.

So is mine!!! I’m just sitting here waiting for them to call with my arrival time and trying not to chew off all my finger nails.

7 hours ago, Shouldhaveknown said:

So is mine!!! I’m just sitting here waiting for them to call with my arrival time and trying not to chew off all my finger nails.

Good luck!

I’m 2 days post op by-pass from a sleeve due to GERD. I’ve been through this before but it seems so different this time. 🤞🏼it works. My biggest thing right now is all the Vitamins. They are meals in themselves. Good Luck with everything!

I’m scheduled for a bypass on 10/25 in NY. So happy, Excited and scared at the same time.