Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

So tomorrow I'll be 2 months post op. So far this journey has been great! I'm down 25 lbs since surgery, 36 since starting the pre op diet. The last 8 days I haven't lost or gained anything. I've been stuck at this weight.

I average 850-900 calories, 85g of Protein, 50g of carbs (total, not net), 40g of fat, and 80 oz of Water. & I workout about 4 days a week.

Can anyone offer advice to help break this stall? It has me starting to freak out a little about how long it'll be and I'm only halfway to my goal.

Well done on for your efforts so far, you been doing great! Your weight loss for your starting weight is probably above average for the time frame.

As you are very close to the healthy weight range for your height weight loss is going to be lower and slower, and you will likely experience more stalls on the way to your goal, with your goal weight being on the lower end of the healthy weight range.

What type of exercise are you doing? If its fairly intense you may need to up your calories a little, I know that may feel counterintuitive but for some people it does break a stall.

Are you still weighing an measuring your food and drinks with calories or just guestimating? If guessimating, time to get the measurement tools out again.

It’s the three month stall I bet. It comes somewhere around three months for most people. You don’t have to do anything different. Just stay the course and it will break. Hard to do after so many failed diets but just trust the process. Maybe stay off the scale for a little while.

Stalls happen to almost everyone at some point as you’re losing. Some have multiple stalls, some only 1 or 2. They can last 1-3 weeks. The first is usually around the 3+/- week mark but it sounds like you missed that one but it’s got you now.

I liked to think of them as your body needing a breath to come to terms with all the changes & stress it’s been experiencing - change of diet, reduced calories, etc. You don’t need to change a thing you’re doing - why stress your body more by making more changes. I stuck to my plan & my stalls always broke - the first after a week, the second (just before goal) after 2.5 weeks.

You’re getting close to your healthy weight range too and things slow down a lot by then. If it persists have a chat with your dietician & surgeon.

Edited by Arabesque