Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's a One-derful Life and Other Random Musings

I dropped into the 100's this week. I'd been looking forward to it for so long that it almost seemed unreal that there was no trumpet fanfare when it happened 📯. I haven't shared it with anyone and am savoring it. The last time I remember being this weight for certain was just around high school graduation. But just so my ego didn't get too big, surgery kicked in the next and gave me foamies and pain when I didn't eat slowly enough. That hasn't happened in a long time. I think it was a poetic-justice reminder.

On a slightly less exciting note, "the girls" have dropped to a size I don't recall since early high school . I've always been well-endowed, even before being morbidly obese, so it is quite a change. I have broken down and purchased some new clothes. I realized for myself, despite being told, that I look terrible in all my too-big clothing. I think it was a security blanket of sorts. For so long, nothing was ever too big or too loose. I still hate shopping. I have no idea what size I need from what store.

I asked the doctor in my program for a suggestion for a therapist. I couldn't get an appointment until February. But I was able to get into a cancellation next week. I'm excited as I had some very specific criteria for a therapist, experience with bariatric patients was only one. I'm looking forward to having someone to process changes with as well as the road ahead. I again want to thank all of you on this board for the ongoing advice and support. I'm grateful for having found you. I belong to a few FB groups and am astounded by the misinformation and lack of preparation/education that is out there.

That's all ❤️

Congratulations on your success. If you always hated shopping because things didn't look good or you didn't know what to buy or look for to try on and now you don't know your size, consider going to Nordstrom. The salespeople there are really good at helping you find things that work for you and their bra sales people will measure you and figure out the best size and type of bra for you. I do not work for Nordstrom, I just found last time I lost a lot of weight I got overwhelmed easily by all the options and Nordstrom was really helpful. Plus, my mom hates shopping and she would only go there for the longest time because of how helpful they are. It's expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for.

If that's out of your budget, try Chico's. Their staff is also very helpful, but you have to like their style of clothing!

Congrats!!! I crossed into Onederland this week too! It's an amazing feeling!

Congratulations 🍾

Congrats! You can also go into a Soma store and the will measure you for a new bra. The bra I was wearing was 4 inches to big and too small on the cup size. A bra that fits is so nice and helps with the sagging!

Congratulations! You worked hard for wonderful things and clothes to happen for you.

Congratulations 👏 that is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! 🎺🎺🎺🎉🎉🎉

Congratulations on getting to Onederland! That is amazing! I am 17 pounds away from it myself and it seems unbelievable that I could ever be there again.
I totally understand what you mean about clothes. It's hard to overcome years of never fitting into anything and it's overwhelming to figure out what to wear. Lizonaplane suggested Nordstrom. I haven't shopped there in years because I was too big, but last time I went they were fantastic at trying to fit me for a strapless bra. I wear one of those off the chart sizes, so they couldn't help me, but they sure tried and never made me feel like a freak like I have often felt at other places. Best service ever.
Again, I congratulations on your success!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on an amazing achievement!! It’s such a great feeling.

I used to hate shopping too but now I have become a bit of a shopaholic and look forward to wearing new clothes that fit right and aren’t loose and drab (my choice to wear clothes that were too big and drab of course but that’s what I was comfortable in).

Good luck with the shopping and I hope it ends up being really enjoyable :)

Congratulations on your amazing progress.

Are you able to describe some of your challenges that you think you will be able to manage with the help of a therapist? What are some of the issues within your weight loss / bariatric experience that you think will require work and extra assistance.

Also, you mentioned the foamies... what is your general daily eating experience, and are you happy with how your current diet seems to serve your overall health (besides weight loss)?

Your perspective is greatly appreciated.