Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your height, pre surgery weight and your 6 month post op weight?

@Chantrella our stats are very similar, I had surgery on the 1st of March 2021, height 5’5 and starting weight was 273, 260 on the day of surgery.

I only weigh myself every Monday and today I have lost 90 pounds in total, which I am ecstatic about!! I could never have lost that much in that time without the surgery.

You should be so proud of your achievement, having lost almost 100 pounds in that time. Sometimes our body just needs a bit of time to catch up with all the changes we are going through but those three pounds will come off in no time. It sounds like you are doing everything right so just keep going and give yourself some credit for the amazing achievement so far. Celebrating your successes may be just what your body needs right now :)

I am 5'3". I was 393 pounds when I started this process, and 368 the day of surgery. I was the 276 at the 6 month mark. I am almost 13 months post op now and I weigh 217. I am personally THRILLED with my weight loss and never could even come close to losing that much in 6 months or a year before I had surgery.
Anyway. I started out much bigger than you and I "only" lost 92 pounds in the first 6 months.
I have had some stalls along the way, but I have consistently lost and what matters is my overall loss and how I feel, which I am so happy with.
I am STILL in the obese category since I'm short, but it's worlds away from where I was before and I'm happy.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

95 lbs in 6 months is doing great! Everybody is different and if you're following the program and are doing the right things, your weight will settle out where it is supposed to be. I think I lost my first 90 lbs in six months, but it took another four or five to get the last 10. The losing tends to slow down as you approach your goal. Keep going and be proud of the work you have done... and keep going!

Height: 5’ 4.75”
Pre-surgery: 256
Surgery day: 241
6-mo weight: 162

I hit a one-month stall in month 5. I increased calories and saw weight start to drop again. I hope that helps!

Height: 6feet 2” (female)

weight pre surgery: 330 at highest

Weight at surgery: 297

weight this morning: 228.8 pounds.

Milestone JUST hit: I am no longer obese. I am now just considered overweight!

goal weight is 195 pounds

On 9/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, Chantrella said:

Hey guys I had surgery March 3rd 2021. I am literally 2 days shy of 6 months and I am livid. I eat healthy, drink Water all day, exercise everyday one hour and I didn’t hit my second weight loss goal and I doubt I will by my 6 month mark. I am 5’4 my pre surgery weight was 268 and I’m now 173. My overall goal is 145. I have hit several stalls month 4 and 5 not sure why. What are your stats and have you hit any stalls? When did your weightloss slow down what did you do to get the pounds back to dropping. My dr is happy with my weightloss but I am devastated by the slow process.

I have yet to have surgery and i am so envious of you! Almost a hundred pounds? WOW!

For reference, I started at 267 and 7+ months later I'm 203. Happy with what I lost but def wanted to be under 200 lbs by now. So you are doing better than me. I actually stopped checking this site because I was feeling discouraged by my lost. But as long as I'm trending downwards, I've tried not to be so hard on myself. I think some bodies are just resistant to change and I've always known that about myself. Just keep going, one day at a time and try not to be too hard on yourself.

5’2”

235.0 lbs (at start of 2wk liquid diet)

223.2 lbs (surgery day)

138.1 lbs (6 months post op

115.0 lbs (+\- 5lbs, 3 Years post op)

I’m 52, 5’9” and my HW: 275. My pre-op weight was 242. I’m currently at 195. My surgery was February 9, 2021. I feel like I should have lost more by now and I’ve been in a stall for about 6 weeks. I’m happy being down 80 lbs but I do understand the frustration of a stall. My doctor wants me to try to get to 163 and being stuck in a stall for so long makes me wonder if this is all I’m going to lose. I would give anything to be down a hundred lbs!!! I’m not giving up, though. Everyday is a struggle to stay on track but I do. I’m being positive that eventually those last 32 lbs will be gone. It just might take me longer than most given my age, being post-menopausal, and having hypothyroidism. Everybody is different and we lose at different rates. Keep your chin up and feel proud of what you’ve accomplished so far!💕

5’6”

HW: 295 lb

Surgery Weight: 227 lb

Weight at 6 month post-op: 150 lb

Current weight 8.5 post op: 138.8 lb

5’ 3”
HW : 250+ (Stopped weighing 🤷🏽‍♀️)
SW: 247
6 months post op: 170

So 77 lbs in 6 months (but I had no monthly goals to meet and didn’t exercise)

Edited by GreenTealael

I've always gotten on the scales once a week, same time of the day, same clothing. Any more often than that and you will get discouraged.

19 hours ago, kaytoo said:

I've always gotten on the scales once a week, same time of the day, same clothing. Any more often than that and you will get discouraged.

Clothing? Oh no, not for at-home weigh ins. Same and time of the week, yes, but the only thing I am wearing is a smile. 🤪