Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cigna approval with mild sleep apnea?

Hi! Anyone have Cigna and have trouble getting approved with just mild sleep apnea (35 BMI)?

I see “obstructive sleep apnea “ is listed as one comorbidity so I’m hoping a mild case still qualifies me?

I’m hoping for gastric sleeve approval.

thank you

Edited by dm80

I called the sleep office two days after and explained my situation that I need to know results ASAP for surgery purposes and the doc called me back the next morn!
Now, I have to wait until my endoscopy is done (9/13) then I get surgery date and it’s submitted to insurance! Eek! Praying this works out. Good luck to you too !

Just got my results and it's Mild sleep Apnea as well. So funny that we are in the same boat. I am a woman, 218 pounds today, 5'5''. I have to stay at 216 until surgery. I'm in Asheville, NC. I have to be in the program for three months so the earliest they can even think about scheduling surgery is 10/29. The doctor thinks I'll be lucky to get it done by the end of the year. I just learned that a lot of people who don't get approved by insurance go to Mexico and I think I will do that if I have to. With plane tickets it ends up being about $4k all together. Paying out of pocket at my hospital would be like $25k.

Hi! Thanks for the reply!
I’m F from Ny 5’7” 225.
You have Cigna too?
Are they giving you CPAP for surgery too?

I didn't have the official follow up appointment with the sleep center yet. I called the lab to find out the results. I'm sure I'll get a cpap though and honestly, I'm happy about it. My sleep is terrible! Yep I have cigna. Any idea how much time you have left? I know they require us to be "in the program" for three months.

I only have the endoscopy 9/13 then if all good I get a date! Once I get a date they submit to insurance 😬 nervous ! Praying 🙏

Hey, was wondering if you guys ultimately got approval for the sleeve? Did you guys do a home sleep study or a in lab one? I too am about a 35 BMI and probably will be mild case of sleep apnea. Would love to get approved here in the US but have come to terms that I may have to go to Mexico. Thanks!

Hi Tammy! I just had my endoscopy Monday and now I’m waiting for a surgery date and then Cigna approval . 🙏
Im going to check in tomorrow and see if they are ready to give me a date. Will keep you posted ! Good luck to you !