Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Though I have been following everyone's posts for the last 6 months, I did not want to subscribe until I finally got my surgery date! I got my surgery date! September 24th is the big day! The one thing I had not thought about purchasing until today was a new bariatric food journal that would specifically have a place to track my Proteins, and waters. I have been keeping a basic food diary but I feel a new journal for post-surgery would be a great way to kick this off. I have been looking at different ones on Amazon but they don't give you a picture of what's inside the covers. Does anyone have a favorite food diary or food journal that's easy to use and they've found helpful?

Sent from my moto g power using BariatricPal mobile app

I do it electronically on Lose It. I think everyone has their favorite app or method.

I use the free version of My Fitness Pal. It tells you all your macros. I'm almost 3 yrs post op and still track my food to make sure I get my Protein in. The other stuff I don't really care about. The free version even has a bar code scanner in case you need to use that and it has a pretty big database of food products. I find it just as easy to use as the Weight Watchers tracking tool that I've used for many years.

Carb Manager (free version)

Macros, bar code scanner, many pre-programmed foods and of course you can program in your own foods.

I use my Fitbit app. It allows me to track food and Water. Then the food composition is broken down into Proteins, carbs, sugars, etc.

I use bariatastic. It’s a lot easier to keep track of it on an app, for me.

If your wanting to track your moods and things along with your calories and intake you could just use the notepad app in your phone. I use it to track my weight. I record it daily but on surgery date each month I delete all but that day so I can see the downward trend month to month.

Been logging every bite for over 10 years on fitday.com. I like it because of the graphs. I've tried others that have a better database but I always come back to fitday. The problem with fitday is I have to add a lot of customized foods since their database, imho, is below par.

I also like my fitness pal. I've been using it since 2012, so I want to keep all my previous weights in there. I just saw my lowest weight was 190 and my highest was 283 (I know I had a higher weight earlier). I haven't entered my liquids before, because I never had trouble drinking, but I will probably start after surgery. I've used a lot of the macro info. The only thing I don't like is all the ads, but I'm not willing to pay for the premium version.