Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Scars one year later!

I know some people say they are afraid to have plastic surgery because of the scars they will have afterwards. Well, I know everyone doesn't scar the same way but I think mine are pretty typical. I would rather have this scar all the way around my body than the rolls of loose skin I had before it was removed. I took these this morning when I realized yesterday was my one yr plastic surgery anniversary for my lower body lift and brachioplasty. These pictures are my hips and the scars are easily covered by underwear or bathing suit.

FI482k6aTSeTPf4cURcNdg.jpg

jTNZK+72TIiXUtVBKgKvsA.jpg

If you don’t mind me asking, do you normally heal quickly and don’t scar easily? I’ve seen some pretty terrible scars on people and it worried me a lot. I’m going to need a breast lift and Tummy Tuck within the next 6-12 months. Would you mind listing your surgeon as well? Looks like they do great work. 😊

I can barely see my scars anymore on my lower body lift (had it three years ago). Or really on my breast lift, either. I do have some scars on my arms, but they're not too bad. Better than I expected - because I'd heard that arms tend to scar worse then some other areas.

Count me as one of the unluckies with terrible scars. Im a little over 1.5 years post PS and some (most) sections are still pretty dark.

but i historically scar badly so it was not unexpected. Besides my arm lift scars, they are all happily hidden enough even when I’m wearing a bikini.

The arm list scars ARE pretty bad though. I figure in another couple years they will turn white.

Still super glad i had them done regardless.

Same. My arms are somewhat apparent then legs -! Body and breasts not at all Would do it again