Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TriCare Approved Now I Wait:(

1 hour ago, Kaguragetshealthy_87 said:

I actually researched my insurance to see if they would cover it. My insurance has a website where they can give you an estimate of costs. I found the center that would do it and did the orientation. However I think a lot of people go through their primary care doctors for a referral or letter of support. I'm currently starting the process of getting everything I need and my center is being very helpful.

I did get my initial refferal from my primary care for hiatal hernia repair. I met with two different doctors and they both highly recommended I also get the RNY. So that is how it worked out for me.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, Jjsdrm1021 said:

It took less than 5 days for them to approve. I had to do 3 months of check-ins, and show a little weight loss. Now if they would allow elective surgeries here in Jacksonville, Fl.

I’m in Jax also. Who’s doing your surgery?

On 9/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Tysheena84 said:

I’m in Jax also. Who’s doing your surgery?

Dr Sharma New Life Surgical

On 8/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, Jjsdrm1021 said:

Everything is complete. Insurance approved. Now I have to wait for the freaking hospitals to allow elective surgery. I am having my Hiatal Hernia repaired and a RNY. I am ready to goooooooo.

I have my "30 day out" appt next week, then hopefully get scheduled for the end of Oct, first week of Nov. I am now getting back into the swing of things of eating better and Protein Drink for dinner. I am soooo ready to get this party started!!!!!

On 8/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, Jjsdrm1021 said:

It took less than 5 days for them to approve. I had to do 3 months of check-ins, and show a little weight loss. Now if they would allow elective surgeries here in Jacksonville, Fl.

That is where I just had my sleeve done Jacksonville. I too had to be approved through tricare. I was supposed to get my surgery done though this past summer because we’re moving at the end of October. but tricare took til august to approve. Was supposed to have it done last month but then covid. They just opened up for surgeries in Jacksonville so hopefully you’ll be in. Now we are pcsing to California and I’ll only be 5 weeks post op. Best of luck!

On 10/1/2021 at 5:58 PM, KarrinnaP said:

That is where I just had my sleeve done Jacksonville. I too had to be approved through tricare. I was supposed to get my surgery done though this past summer because we’re moving at the end of October. but tricare took til august to approve. Was supposed to have it done last month but then covid. They just opened up for surgeries in Jacksonville so hopefully you’ll be in. Now we are pcsing to California and I’ll only be 5 weeks post op. Best of luck!

I "WAS"scheduled for my RNY on 10/19, BUT my Dr. has to leave for two weeks on a family emergency. So now I am scheduled for 11/4. Please nomoredelays.

2 hours ago, Jjsdrm1021 said:

I "WAS"scheduled for my RNY on 10/19, BUT my Dr. has to leave for two weeks on a family emergency. So now I am scheduled for 11/4. Please nomoredelays.

I’m so sorry. I definitely know how frustrating that is. I thought I was going to have to wait until we moved and I was so irritated. Here’s to hoping this is your date :)

You got this. You're gonna be back here raving about it!

Edited by vikingbeast