Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was due to have the gastric sleeve operation on 30th April.. I cancelled..I am now scheduled on 31st September..I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the surgery fees...Whilst I can afford it, I feel guilty that I'm spending that money on. ME....IM ANGRY with MYSELF...angry that I have to resort to surgery to lose the 40kg I had put on the previous 2 years...ANGRY because I don't recognise my reflection in the mirror...I don't want to look like this anymore...ive become a functioning alcoholic...ive become sad and lost over the loss of two people who have tragedy checked out of this life....Ive just let myself go...So I've come to the conclusion...that if I don't do this surgery I will die....

So I'm resetting my Life Clock...I am worth more than the price of a surgery...I just didn't think I had the energy or strength to do anything about changing my life's path...I'm an optimist...I'm a Libran..I can see light at the end of this tunnel...I can see me...and I can see the person in that reflection..Its ME.. I look forward to my journey...

Bless to everyone on their

Tasmania Australia

Sent from my SM-N980F using BariatricPal mobile app

You are 100 percent worth it! Just make sure you have all the support you need—medical, nutritional, psychological, and if needed, addiction treatment. You absolutely can do this.

You are absolutely, unequivocally, unquestioningly worth it. And BECAUSE you are worth it, I would HIGHLY suggest getting into counseling before surgery. Transfer addiction is a very real risk and if you're already struggling with alcohol it could be incredibly dangerous post-OP. Counseling can also help you navigate your grief, and help you learn to love and value yourself in a way that sets you up for success. You are worthy and loved and we need you here.

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

You are 100 percent worth it! Just make sure you have all the support you need—medical, nutritional, psychological, and if needed, addiction treatment. You absolutely can do this.
Thanks for your kind words hon...All those boxes have been ticket.. ive just been sad for a long time...I just needed to reset and Winter didn't help....

Beautiful person that you are, you are kind, empathetic,a libran like myself. I pray you find yourself throughout this mess of clouds we call life. You were born into this world, have your procedure,hold your shoulders back and head up. You my dear are worth it. I read your post as I am in the San Diego ,California airport for 6 hours waiting to catch my flight home. I just left Tijuana Mexico 3 hours ago. My surgery was August 18.. Keep a positive mind to get you to the other side of all of this. You will be so happy you did..Teresa

0819210801b.jpg

Every single one of us is worth it and worthy of it, including you. I wish you all the best.

You are so worth it! No matter the cost! My insurance paid for my Gastric Bypass surgery but I am paying for 3 stages of plastic surgery so that I can feel the way I was mean't to feel! I spent my whole life taking care of others, now its time to take care of me! Because I'm worth it!

I think this is a question we all ask ourselves as well as the guilt in letting it get this far. Fact is, you are where you are and you cannot go backward. I would caution you to ensure you are taking care and getting help from a mental health professional as well. If you do not remove the root cause of your unhealthy behavior it will come right back.

I was due to have the gastric sleeve operation on 30th April.. I cancelled..I am now scheduled on 31st September..I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the surgery fees...Whilst I can afford it, I feel guilty that I'm spending that money on. ME....IM ANGRY with MYSELF...angry that I have to resort to surgery to lose the 40kg I had put on the previous 2 years...ANGRY because I don't recognise my reflection in the mirror...I don't want to look like this anymore...ive become a functioning alcoholic...ive become sad and lost over the loss of two people who have tragedy checked out of this life....Ive just let myself go...So I've come to the conclusion...that if I don't do this surgery I will die....
So I'm resetting my Life Clock...I am worth more than the price of a surgery...I just didn't think I had the energy or strength to do anything about changing my life's path...I'm an optimist...I'm a Libran..I can see light at the end of this tunnel...I can see me...and I can see the person in that reflection..Its ME.. I look forward to my journey...
Bless to everyone on their
Tasmania Australia

I've been really overwhelmed with the response I've gotten from my original post..
Thankyou to all of you for your really kind words...it was difficult for me to write and share how I was feeling....
I am a strong woman..ive just lost my way due to the suicide of my only niece and the father of my children in the last 2 years..I lost myself in the grief....But I've had enough of this sadness that has consumed me..I spent the full moon weekend crying uncontrollably...it was time for me to come to grips with everything that made me sad and to say goodbye to that unrecognisable person I've become ..so in a sense.. that part of me had to die to give way to the new ME...
So I look forward to the woman that I know will evolve and bring to life the new ME...
8 days till my surgery...I look forward to sharing my journey with you all...
Yes I am Worth It...
And Yes You Are Worth It.
Bless,...,

Yes, you are more than worth it!! Take care of you! You deserve to get on a path to a healthier you. We shouldn't be angry, disappointed, or disgusted with ourselves for becoming obese. It is likely that the diet industry, medical factors, & biological factors have also contributed to weight issues. Yes, our bad habits had an impact, of course. We're human and not perfect, all we can do is work towards being better.

I'm sorry for your losses.💜

Reset, move forward, & start your journey to be your best you! Wishing you lots of luck with your weight loss experience & healing.

I hope you are on the other side of your surgery now, excited and hopeful about the future. You are totally worth it.