Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Buddies!!



Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I had issues with stuff tasting too sweet too and the fruit punch premiere Protein Drink was my go to because it wasn’t overly sweet to me. Not sure if it would work for you but it’s worth a try. I got mine on Amazon (because I knew my husband would drink it if I didn’t like it) but you may be able to find it in smaller quantity elsewhere. I know Walmart carries the premiere shakes. Not sure if they Carry their Protein Water.

I was drinking the same one ! And got it from Amazon also . Even drinking it the day before surgery I didn’t like the taste . But as of today it has gotten better to intake the Protein drink although I haven’t been able to drink the full 2 Proteins yet . And I also woke up this morning with really orange urine (sorry for the tmi) but this is worrying me and I’m trying to find ways to get hydrated and stay hydrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TiMaria said:

Hi everyone!

I’m trying not to freak out, but I need a little reality check.

GAstric bypass on 9/13. Everything went SO well. I’ve been exercising everyday since (heavy cardio and weights) and following the meal plan. I started purées on day 7. I’m getting all my Protein and Water.

On day 7 post-op I was down 11.8 pounds (SW: 233 > 221) I was shocked. And so SO very excited that this will FINALLY happen for me. Then nothing happened for 2 days. On day 9, I saw 218 on the scale. But then the next day (day 10) I was back up to 221. And I’ve been there since (today is day 11).

I had my post-op appointment (day 10 PO) w. surgeons office and they said all looks good. I mentioned my concern with the number on the scale. I was told that all they care about right now is amount of Protein, Vitamin levels, and incisions. They’ll care about numbers “between 3 and 6 months.” 😳

I’m just so disheartened. I’m petrified that this will just be another thing that doesn’t work for me. Rationally? I know it’s been 11 days. But it just feels like everything else I’ve tried in the past right now. Everything I’ve tried and not had work.

Any advice / stories would be appreciated ❤️

Hello !
sorry to hear your concern about the scale. Keep in mind all the liquids that you intake that can cause weight gain, I gained 10 pounds while in the hospital because of all the liquids they were giving me and the gas that I had . Don’t get discouraged ! Remember this wasn’t an immediate fix, it’s a tool to help us in the long run. Also the fact that you are incorporating weights you can be gaining MUSCLE as opposed to FAT . Don’t let the scale bring you down because it could be a good thing. More muscle = better fat loss 🙂 You got this ! Don’t give up, you’ve come this far !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jasmine Nichole said:

I was drinking the same one ! And got it from Amazon also . Even drinking it the day before surgery I didn’t like the taste . But as of today it has gotten better to intake the Protein Drink although I haven’t been able to drink the full 2 Proteins yet . And I also woke up this morning with really orange urine (sorry for the tmi) but this is worrying me and I’m trying to find ways to get hydrated and stay hydrated.

Well just so you know you don’t have to wait till you are so dehydrated you need the ER. Your dr can get you an appointment to go back to hospital as an out patient to get fluids. I had to do that. I just called and told them my urine was dark and they made the appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TiMaria said:

Hi everyone!

I’m trying not to freak out, but I need a little reality check.

GAstric bypass on 9/13. Everything went SO well. I’ve been exercising everyday since (heavy cardio and weights) and following the meal plan. I started purées on day 7. I’m getting all my Protein and Water.

On day 7 post-op I was down 11.8 pounds (SW: 233 > 221) I was shocked. And so SO very excited that this will FINALLY happen for me. Then nothing happened for 2 days. On day 9, I saw 218 on the scale. But then the next day (day 10) I was back up to 221. And I’ve been there since (today is day 11).

I had my post-op appointment (day 10 PO) w. surgeons office and they said all looks good. I mentioned my concern with the number on the scale. I was told that all they care about right now is amount of Protein, Vitamin levels, and incisions. They’ll care about numbers “between 3 and 6 months.” 😳

I’m just so disheartened. I’m petrified that this will just be another thing that doesn’t work for me. Rationally? I know it’s been 11 days. But it just feels like everything else I’ve tried in the past right now. Everything I’ve tried and not had work.

Any advice / stories would be appreciated ❤️

Stop weighing yourself every day. So many things can alter your weight between 2-5 lbs. Maybe you're less dehydrated. Maybe you've got hormonal changes ("that time of the month"). Maybe you ate more salty stuff than usual.

Weigh every week and make sure you're measuring yourself, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too!!! Good luck! Where are you having your surgery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the lap band placed on 9/28. I’m on day one of liquid only and I’m not loving it, but it isn’t terrible vs the reward in the end. Kind of nervous about it but also excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all! Long-time listener, first-time caller. I had my sleeve surgery on Wednesday, so I’m on day 4 post-op. Gas pains subsided after the 2nd day. Of course I still have surgery pain, but it’s pretty mild. BUT, the gurgling is so annoying! My entire insides gurgle, and I’m having a hard time getting all of my liquids down.

Also, how long did y’all take off work? I took 3 days off, and since I work from home, I said I would work half-days this coming week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Blueeyekitten said:

My surgery date is 9/29/2021

Me too! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tara O. said:

Hello all! Long-time listener, first-time caller. I had my sleeve surgery on Wednesday, so I’m on day 4 post-op. Gas pains subsided after the 2nd day. Of course I still have surgery pain, but it’s pretty mild. BUT, the gurgling is so annoying! My entire insides gurgle, and I’m having a hard time getting all of my liquids down.

Also, how long did y’all take off work? I took 3 days off, and since I work from home, I said I would work half-days this coming week.

I had surgery last Tuesday the 14th and took the remainder of that week and all of this week off. I return Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/25/2021 at 19:24, Tara O. said:



Hello all! Long-time listener, first-time caller. I had my sleeve surgery on Wednesday, so I’m on day 4 post-op. Gas pains subsided after the 2nd day. Of course I still have surgery pain, but it’s pretty mild. BUT, the gurgling is so annoying! My entire insides gurgle, and I’m having a hard time getting all of my liquids down.





Also, how long did y’all take off work? I took 3 days off, and since I work from home, I said I would work half-days this coming week.


Do you feel like you have enough energy to go back to work? My sleeve is 10/11 and I’m just planning on taking a week off and then half days the 2nd week - also work from home. I’m worried that I won’t have enough energy. Good luck with going back next week. Let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone. Well it's done. 4 days post op.. I have a drain and really taking it easy. Sipping on the Premier Protein shake and Water. Had a little coffee today. Might have overdone it a little cause my shoulder blades are sore a little. Looking forward to recovery. Hope you all are doing good too. Thank you for the feedback. I swear I almost backed out when they were wheeling me in the operating room. Lol. I also had a pretty big hernia. Anyways, take care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sandief54 said:

Surgery 9/21 and today is the 26th. I am not losing weight. Not sure if it's because of the drain and gas, Water retention, etc. Drinking two Premier Protein shakes, Water, coffee w/ half n half and Soup. Not sure if that's too much food. I'm worried.

You are fine. You have swelling and fluids from surgery keeping your weight up. After about a week those fluids will start to dissipate and the weight will come off. Keep sipping water and broth, keep walking and give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • lizardskelter

      done
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • heyitsdilly

      I've officially surpassed 80lbs of weight loss! Working on that 100lbs!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Songbyrd420

      Kind of nervous, as expected. One month out from surgery!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lauren.g

      😫 Hi, I’m new to bariatricpal! I am 8 days post op VSG. I am struggling very badly. I’ve been so emotional because I feel like I’m doing wrong. I’m afraid I’ll eat or drink to fast or eat the wrong thing. I’ve been on Pinterest and YouTube constantly for help. I have followed all of my surgeons and dieticians instructions. I just don’t know if my body is getting enough. Today, I am weak, sore, and just exhausted. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tara A

        It passes!! Everyone goes though it! It is a short term emotion! I'm almost five years post op! You made the right decision! Don't focus on the change right now. Try to entertain your mind. What your feeling only last about a week. It's related to your body adjusting and you mind adjusting. You got this!!

      2. SleeverSk

        I agree with Tara it's hard right now but it gets better do t forget your hormones will be all over the place you may even feel depressed. Be kind to yourself reach out and talk to people how you are feeling .

    • Reluctantsleever

      Scheduled for VSG and hernia repair surgery 5/18/22
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×