Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Buddies!!

On 1/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, shooshoo24 said:

Mine was Sept 10. I am down 69 pounds. I'm feeling frustrated because I feel like it should be coming off faster than that. I guess I'm just impatient. I have been putting the work in.

If it makes you feel better: since posting that I’ve completely stalled and have gotten insane stomach cramps. I’m going to the Dr on Monday because it hurts so much.

Hang in there! :) From everything I read and heard it’s the once that lose “slow” and steady that are the most successful long term!

On 1/26/2022 at 6:05 PM, FLPhoenix said:

Congrats! I am down 55 since Sept 29th and down 4 pant sizes down and two on tops. Love being able to inherit my skinny friends' clothes!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Haha I hear you! I havent even checked how many clothes sizes I’m down. I’m just wearing my clothes super baggy at the moment because I’m *this* close to fitting into my old clothes again and I cant justify buying something new.

Congrats on 55lbs!! Thats so exciting!! :)

On 1/27/2022 at 11:11 AM, stefania_th said:

Hi. My surgery was on 28th of September. I weight 220 pounds (100 kg) in surgery date and I am 5’7 (172cm) tall. My goal weight is 149-157 pounds

So far I am down many clothing sizes and about 52 pounds ( 24 kg). So 10-15 more pounds to go to hit my goal.
I have not lost any weights for 2 weeks now. Getting a bit stressed by that. I do Pilates and weightlifting 4-5 times a week and I am active. I walk a lot and use a bike more then the car.
All of my blood work came out great, and I am eating enough Protein and so on, but I just found out that I have inactive thyroid and possibly fatty liver. That came as a bit of shock to me. Does anyone have experience with thyroid problems ?

Hey :) I dont have a thyroid problem nor do I know much about it but the fatty liver thing is quite common for obese people. Fortunately the liver recovers incredibly well and fast so that the more you lose and eat healthy the better it will get!

I’m so jealous you’re so close to your goal weight! Thats amazing!!! I’m literally half way. 80lbs down, 80lbs more to go!

to Arancini - Re: but I just found out that I have inactive thyroid and possibly fatty liver. ...I have been on thyroid medication for 13 years. It has not affected my surgery or post-op. Usually, you have to have your thyroid levels checked about every 90 days

14 hours ago, Amy Braun said:

to Arancini - Re: but I just found out that I have inactive thyroid and possibly fatty liver. ...I have been on thyroid medication for 13 years. It has not affected my surgery or post-op. Usually, you have to have your thyroid levels checked about every 90 days

I didnt know you had to get it checked out every 90 days! Is that just for surgery people or anyone does?

It’s crazy. I abandoned my health and general consciousness of my body for so long that there are so many things I have absolutely no idea about… working on changing that though! :)

It seems I celebrated too early 😬 I have completely stalled since January 26 (4 weeks ago). Weight loss was already “slow” in December and January but now I’m stuck. Any ideas to get out? I’ve already “played” around with my calories though I could truthfully do more exercise. Maybe that’s whats needed now? I’m seeing my nut. on Wednesday.

Oh also! I’m *this* close to fitting into a size 16 (started at a tight fitting 24) 🤗 Some dresses will already fit, others are still tight especially around the boobs lol Soon though, I hope! :)

On 2/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, Arancini said:

I didnt know you had to get it checked out every 90 days! Is that just for surgery people or anyone does?

It’s crazy. I abandoned my health and general consciousness of my body for so long that there are so many things I have absolutely no idea about… working on changing that though! :)

I've always had to do periodic blood tests for thyroid levels (way before surgery). Surgery has not changed anything.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, Arancini said:

Haha I hear you! I havent even checked how many clothes sizes I’m down. I’m just wearing my clothes super baggy at the moment because I’m *this* close to fitting into my old clothes again and I cant justify buying something new.

Congrats on 55lbs!! Thats so exciting!! :)

I had so many clothes that were too tight on me, since I had previously lost 100 lbs then gained almost all of it back. Now I'm below the weight at my last lowest weight, and I'm still able to wear some of those clothes. Not all of them were the right style (I bought them thinking I would have to be dressier and even though I'm working onsite, I still don't need to be THAT dressy), so I gave away some things I never wore and I've bought some things I wear a lot in smaller sizes, plus at the thrift store. I was a size 24/3x and now I'm a size 14/L. Except in Columbia brand, which runs small.

Just a status report. For encouragement, I hope. It's not been easy, but I feel so much better. Just hoping to stick with it for 40 more pounds and forever.

So, yesterday, 6 months after I started my pre-op diet, I weighed 199.8!. Having started at 288 on August 21, I am very grateful and pleased at how much better I feel. Thanks to everyone who helped with this, and for this group for your support. 40 more to go! I'm going for a size 12. Maintenance will be the key, since I am a veteran roller-coaster dieter and almost 65, but be encouraged!. The procedure helped me be able to start again.
Sorry about the bare feet in the first picture!☺️🦶☺️

August 31.jpg

Feb 21 2022.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 1:50 AM, Amy Braun said:

Just a status report. For encouragement, I hope. It's not been easy, but I feel so much better. Just hoping to stick with it for 40 more pounds and forever.

So, yesterday, 6 months after I started my pre-op diet, I weighed 199.8!. Having started at 288 on August 21, I am very grateful and pleased at how much better I feel. Thanks to everyone who helped with this, and for this group for your support. 40 more to go! I'm going for a size 12. Maintenance will be the key, since I am a veteran roller-coaster dieter and almost 65, but be encouraged!. The procedure helped me be able to start again.
Sorry about the bare feet in the first picture!☺️🦶☺️

August 31.jpg

Feb 21 2022.jpg

Oh my God you look INCREDIBLE!!!! What a change! Congratulations!! I‘m so excited for you ❤️

Late to this group and got operated in September 2021. Starting weight was 330 lbs (152 kg) and the current weight is 264 lbs (120 kg) and down to waist size 44 from 50, which is good. In the middle of a long stall (around 5 weeks where I have not lost weight and gained and lost a few 100 grms).

I do have some improvement areas and not a big fan of running or Protein Shakes, though I try to make some of it up with eggs and chicken but not enough I would guess. waiting for my 6 month post-op blood tests.

I still believe I am another 70-80 lbs away from where I would like to be and hopefully the weight loss will start back sooner rather than later, but I am a bit worried with the length of the stall. DO look forward to hearing more positive outcomes to help inspire myself.

Cheers

On 02/26/2022 at 03:42, Pkr80 said:

Late to this group and got operated in September 2021. Starting weight was 330 lbs (152 kg) and the current weight is 264 lbs (120 kg) and down to waist size 44 from 50, which is good. In the middle of a long stall (around 5 weeks where I have not lost weight and gained and lost a few 100 grms).

I do have some improvement areas and not a big fan of running or Protein Shakes, though I try to make some of it up with eggs and chicken but not enough I would guess. waiting for my 6 month post-op blood tests.

I still believe I am another 70-80 lbs away from where I would like to be and hopefully the weight loss will start back sooner rather than later, but I am a bit worried with the length of the stall. DO look forward to hearing more positive outcomes to help inspire myself.

Cheers

I had my op 15 Sept - and was doing so well for the first 3 months. Weight loss slowed in Dec and on a stall since Jan. I started at 93Kg - and sat at 73Kg. So lost around 44lbs. I have at least another 10Kg to go - but am also worried about the length. Feel like it just stopped working. Other seems to have lost double and who started at same weight so a bit disheartened ☹️Will need to see dietician.

Hey. I had my surgery in Sept too. My weight loss has slowed quite a bit and at one point it stalled. What I found is that even though I didn't think I was, I was eating more than I had been and drinking more. My body had finally gotten used to the new stomach and I think adjusted itself. So I went back to the basics.... Making sure I had the correct portion sizes, weighing my food/snacks, drinking zero calorie drinks, I also added in weight lifting. Everytime I hit what I think is going to turn into a stall I retrace my steps and also add just a little (and I mean a little) more activity/exercise into my routine. I also make sure that if I'm only going to eat a little it's Protein. Also, I remind myself that I'm trying to maintain my muscle and build more while losing fat so if I've lost a lot of fat since surgery it makes sense that the further out I go, the less there is to loose and the longer maybe harder it will take. You will get out of your stalls I promise!

Hi I had my surgery at the end of August I'd lost 45lbs upuntill the end of Nov not sure what I've lost from then only going to see my dietitian sometime this month and I've got no scales and wont have them in the house cant get in the doctors to see about blood pressure and get weighed I've lost quite a lot down 5 to 6 sizes so I ow it's coming off but I like the sound of going back to basics do you mean reset your pouch or just smaller portions I would love to know

VSG was on 9/21/21. I'm right there with all of you, in that the loss has slowed down just a bit. But, I completely agree with @LizzieD, sticking to the basics and really focusing on incremental improvements has kept me on track. I'm really pleased with where I am, though I still have probably 40lbs to go before I'd be really content. Every day I just remind myself that I can only take it one day at a time!