Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Buddies!!

Taking the sips of Water is also not helping me with the water intake. I am used to guzzling down a bottle of water. But it take times to get used to it.

22 hours ago, Aly311 said:

Taking the sips of Water is also not helping me with the Water intake. I am used to guzzling down a bottle of water. But it take times to get used to it.

By 2-3 weeks out I could take gulps of water. I can't guzzle even 6 weeks out, but it's definitely not little sips anymore. Of course, your mileage may vary...

Also, consider trying flavored water, too. That helps me a lot. And tea and coffee.

Edited by lizonaplane

Surgery was September 1 2021. So far, I've lost 70 lbs. (since the pre op started on August 21) and have 50 or 60 to go.

August 31.jpg

Dec 25.jpg

Wow you look so different my surgery was the 23rd August I'd lost 45lbs uptown the end of November not sure how much I've lost since haven't got any scales I'll try and put photos on here

My surgery day was September 28th and as off today I‘m officially 80lbs down!!! [emoji2956] I‘m so excited!!

How is everyone doing?
Congrats! I am down 55 since Sept 29th and down 4 pant sizes down and two on tops. Love being able to inherit my skinny friends' clothes! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

September 14 here. I am down 78 pounds since surgery and 87 since the start of the pre-op diet. Weight loss has definitely slowed as I replace fat with muscle, but it's nice to be able to buy clothes and have choices again.

I'm not sure what I've lost not got any scales but doing well and buying smaller clothes because I'm in the UK and had it done on national health I don't see my dietitian till March but I'm feeling really good

Sep 1 reporting in again. I have been in a major stall for 2 weeks, only 2 lbs lost. This is new. I am behaving, was trying to increase to 750 cals but have gone back to 650 cals in hopes of making those scales move. Stuck at 79 lbs lost, can't get to 80. This will be the first month I won't meet my personal goal. Was hoping to lose 12 lbs in this fifth month, not going to happen! Still hoping for 10.

Hi. My surgery was on 28th of September. I weight 220 pounds (100 kg) in surgery date and I am 5’7 (172cm) tall. My goal weight is 149-157 pounds

So far I am down many clothing sizes and about 52 pounds ( 24 kg). So 10-15 more pounds to go to hit my goal.
I have not lost any weights for 2 weeks now. Getting a bit stressed by that. I do Pilates and weightlifting 4-5 times a week and I am active. I walk a lot and use a bike more then the car.
All of my blood work came out great, and I am eating enough Protein and so on, but I just found out that I have inactive thyroid and possibly fatty liver. That came as a bit of shock to me. Does anyone have experience with thyroid problems ?

17 hours ago, Amy Braun said:

Sep 1 reporting in again. I have been in a major stall for 2 weeks, only 2 lbs lost. This is new. I am behaving, was trying to increase to 750 cals but have gone back to 650 cals in hopes of making those scales move. Stuck at 79 lbs lost, can't get to 80. This will be the first month I won't meet my personal goal. Was hoping to lose 12 lbs in this fifth month, not going to happen! Still hoping for 10.

Amy....my surgery was the day before yours and I have experienced the same thing in the past month or so. This past week however things have gotten moving again. I have lost 4 pounds in the past week. I actually INCREASED my calorie intake and INCREASED my walking. I have been focusing on drinking more as well. I started out at 293 and am today 208, about the same loss as you. It is also important to make sure you are counting EVERYTHING. It is too easy to leave out cheese, dressing, Condiments, oil or margarine used in cooking etc. Your true calorie intake may be bigger than you know.

September 14 here. I am down 78 pounds since surgery and 87 since the start of the pre-op diet. Weight loss has definitely slowed as I replace fat with muscle, but it's nice to be able to buy clothes and have choices again.
Same here, I am averaging about 2lbs per week. If I work out less it's less than a pound. I am OK with that though as I hope this helps with some of the shrinking of excess skin as it gets filled in with muscle.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Responding to TonyB "Amy....my surgery was the day before yours and I have experienced the same thing in the past month or so. ...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I would be lost if I didn't write every morsel down. I think I will always be this way. You are right about the Condiments and little things adding up. I do think I'm careful -- ha ha! although one thing I've never counted is the calories in those calcium chews, which would add 45 every day! I'm glad to hear from you, and hope I will be over this slump soon. I'm trying to add 10 minutes to my exercise daily, but still don't see any difference on the scales. I'll be glad when I can get out hiking again -- too much snow for me now!