Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Buddies!!

Got my date of September 10th, going through Dignity Health WLC in Gilbert, AZ.

I haven't seen a September thread of surgeries yet, but I'd love to hear where you are and your date!

I start my PreOP diet Aug 27th, and its only 3 Protein Shakes a day...no chewing at all! I've seen some that are 2 Protein shakes a day and then a small amount of chicken and nonstarch veggies for dinner. What's your PreOP diet like and how long do you have to do it?

VSG scheduled for 14th September in Fountain Valley, Orange County, California. Still waiting to hear about what I need beforehand (EKG, bloodwork, etc.)

Oddly, there's no required pre-op diet other than liquids only the day before and NPO the day of. They did suggest trying to replace one meal with a Protein Shake two weeks before, and if possible, two meals with Protein Shakes the week before.

2 hours ago, happilylacey said:

Got my date of September 10th, going through Dignity Health WLC in Gilbert, AZ.

I haven't seen a September thread of surgeries yet, but I'd love to hear where you are and your date!

I start my PreOP diet Aug 27th, and its only 3 Protein Shakes a day...no chewing at all! I've seen some that are 2 Protein shakes a day and then a small amount of chicken and nonstarch veggies for dinner. What's your PreOP diet like and how long do you have to do it?

I'm September 3 at Mercy Gilbert as well! Just starting the 2 week pre-op diet.

My surgery is 13Sep in Boston. My pre-op diet is just High Protein, low fat, low car, low fruit, lots of non-starchy veggies. Also no carbonation and no caffeine. And no alcohol, but I don't drink anyway. The last six months I was trying to prepare, but for the last few weeks I've been throwing a lot of food funerals with eating out and traveling for work. Trying to get back on track!

Scheduled for VSG on 9/21 at HospitalBC in Tijuana, Mx. I have a 2 week liquid diet starting 9/7 - 70g of Protein, no more than 1000kcal a day, liquids only. I have been doing a low carb diet for 6 weeks or so now, trying to start breaking some habits and establish new ones. I'm down a few pounds and feeling as prepared as I can be!

On 08/19/2021 at 20:54, BretBMF said:

I'm September 3 at Mercy Gilbert as well! Just starting the 2 week pre-op diet.

Ooh mine is the 4th! Good luck!

Best of luck to you all! It is a learning curve, but so well worth it. Just follow the plan and be kind to yourselves. Congrats on taking this step!

So I just got a call from the surgeon’s office and they have to reschedule. Unfortunately there was an error and whoever scheduled (not just me, every surgery on my same day) didn’t realize that the doctor was out of town that day. They don’t know when my new surgery date will be - which is probably the most frustrating part. I’ll know more on Monday, but I’m going to stay with the pre-op diet as they said there is a possibility it could be earlier than originally expected. Ugh.

17 minutes ago, BretBMF said:

So I just got a call from the surgeon’s office and they have to reschedule. Unfortunately there was an error and whoever scheduled (not just me, every surgery on my same day) didn’t realize that the doctor was out of town that day. They don’t know when my new surgery date will be - which is probably the most frustrating part. I’ll know more on Monday, but I’m going to stay with the pre-op diet as they said there is a possibility it could be earlier than originally expected. Ugh.

Fingers crossed 🤞 For you that it’s earlier.

On 08/20/2021 at 23:00, BretBMF said:

Same here! Boooooo. Just cancelled mine awaiting a new date. Was due to start my 2 week diet today. So disappointing.