Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adding protein drinks

I am not sure if it’s fish/iodine free but I like the premiere Protein caffe latte enough to drink it every morning for Breakfast. The premade one has caffeine in it though just FYI. I started drinking it after surgery when I found the other protein drinks to be too sweet.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Has anyone found the Protein Drinks that are recommended that actually taste good. I'm struggling to find one that is fish/iodine free that taste good. Any and all recommendations are accepted but please not hate.
Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

The best tasting and highest Protein Drink I have found, and I've tried a lot, is Fairlife Core Power vanilla. Tastes fantastic, and has 42g of Protein per bottle. Because the calories are a tad higher than recommended, I drink half a bottle at a time, which is fine because the bottles are fair-sized.Screenshot_20210811-221830.jpg

Sent from my KB2007 using BariatricPal mobile app

people's tastes are so different that you're bound to get 100 different answers for this. I personally liked Unjury and Syntrax products the best - but you'll find others who DON'T like them. The Core Power shakes (mentioned above) are also good.

I use the vanilla core power shakes (but the ones that are 30 g of protein) and often will add in some PB2 powder - so it tastes like drinking Peanut Butter (plus it gives you more protein).

Keep in mind the body can only absorb and utilize about 30g of Protein at a time.

I personally like Fairlife nutritional plan, which has 30g of protein. They have several flavors and are thicker than others like premier, which I find watery and overly sweet. I get mine at Sam’s.

44 minutes ago, FutureSkyDiver said:

Keep in mind the body can only absorb and utilize about 30g of Protein at a time

I was just going to ask about this. I was part of a Zoom follow-up meeting yesterday where we were reminded that we can absorb 20-30g of Protein at a time. Was anyone told differently?

In addition to the Fairlife Core Power, Fairlife also makes Nutrition plan Protein drinks. They have 30 g of protein and taste less chalky than some of the other protein drinks I have tried. They are a little more mild in flavor (well I only tried chocolate), and taste pretty close to chocolate milk.

I have heard some people like the Ghost brand of Protein Powder, but I have not tried them.

I have the Bariatricpal Clean whey (choc) & Premier Protein (chocolate & vanilla). Sometimes, I mix the vanilla & chocolate because the chocolate can be too intense. I prefer the BariatricPal over Premier Protein. Premier Protein is easy to find in a number of stores. Fairlife is better than both for me.

Other posters have suggested not stocking up on too many shakes before surgery, this was good advice. After surgery, you may get tired of them or your tastes might change.

Good luck to you!

Screenshot_20210813-170858_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-171802_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 8/11/2021 at 5:41 PM, badgirl814 said:

Has anyone found the Protein Drinks that are recommended that actually taste good. I'm struggling to find one that is fish/iodine free that taste good. Any and all recommendations are accepted but please not hate.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Pick up some powdered Peanut Butter. They remove all the oil and leave the powder. Sprinkle in a little of this which adds Protein and a few calories (30) but it improves the taste of any of the vanilla or chocolate flavors. YOu don't need much so maybe less than 30 calories will help. I really find it made some of the flavors with a strange after taste much better.