Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon in New Jersey?? Plainsboro or New Brunswick

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Are there any NJ people that can suggest a surgeon? I've been to see a these two:

Dr. Wai Yip Chau at Penn Medical in Plainsboro.

Dr. Sadek or Dr. Donaire at RWJ hospital In New Brunswick. Thanks.

I'm from NJ, but I've moved to the Pocono's. I'm from JC / Plainfield. My Dr is Dr Teleo he's really good. pretty hard at 1st but I like that. He did an amazing job. My sx was on Jan 28,2020. I just had my 7mnth f/u & I lost 50lbs. Not sure if u want to travel up this way bcuz the drive back will b no fun after the sx. Especially w the road bumps. Good luck on finding ur choice. The adventure will b awesome! I'm loving my new body & the way my clothes fit... awesome I tell u..lol I didn't hv choices when I went to my surgeon. I saw him & went w him. I should hv done what ur doing & looked around... Now for my Tummy Tuck I will get a referral from him to c if I'm comfortable w the Dr & am willing to travel to find the right Dr for my LAST surgery. GOOD LUCK W yours....

I used dr sadek and was thrilled!

20 hours ago, mali said:

I used dr sadek and was thrilled!

Mali, Dr. Sadek 😁 is my list. I'm just uncertain about the follow up care. Did you have Robotic or regular laproscopic surgery?

Hope your doing well. Thanks.

Edited by Grace85

23 hours ago, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I'm from NJ, but I've moved to the Pocono's. I'm from JC / Plainfield. My Dr is Dr Teleo he's really good. pretty hard at 1st but I like that. He did an amazing job. My sx was on Jan 28,2020. I just had my 7mnth f/u & I lost 50lbs. Not sure if u want to travel up this way bcuz the drive back will b no fun after the sx. Especially w the road bumps. Good luck on finding ur choice. The adventure will b awesome! I'm loving my new body & the way my clothes fit... awesome I tell u..lol I didn't hv choices when I went to my surgeon. I saw him & went w him. I should hv done what ur doing & looked around... Now for my Tummy Tuck I will get a referral from him to c if I'm comfortable w the Dr & am willing to travel to find the right Dr for my LAST surgery. GOOD LUCK W yours....

Thanks for sharing! A Tummy Tuck sounds great.

On 08/09/2021 at 21:50, Grace85 said:

Mali, Dr. Sadek 😁 is my list. I'm just uncertain about the follow up care. Did you have Robotic or regular laproscopic surgery?

Hope your doing well. Thanks.

So I’ll be honest- I’m just three weeks out so i only had one post op visit so far. I only met him once before surgery. Otherwise I addressed concerns to dr antoine who has the most amazing bedside manner. I’m not sure if it was robotic but I will say that i had an amazing quick recovery. With a large hiatal hernia I barely needed pain meds and was back to normal a week later except for lifting. Three weeks out i can eat everything, my incisions look great and I’m lifting my twenty pound baby. Most of his patients had similar experiences. I know some practices might have more of a focus on education which I found lacking here. I did a lot if my own education