Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new to this site. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has had a revision from RNY to Duodenal Switch? I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2006 but have gained half the weight back that I lost. The weight I lost was good but not near my goal weight. I'm scheduled for revision surgery 8/12/21. Thank you!

ticker_405473_bodyweight_preview.png?time=1628386997

Edited by kcoffey60
added ticker

I haven't had the revision you are contemplating, but I hope you find someone who has to chat with, and I wish you well with it.

Thank you Hop_Scotch, I feel very positive and thank God for this second chance. I will be posting my progress.

I am so incredibly happy for you. I had Gastric Bypass in 2001. Most weight lost AFTER bypass (279) SW (before surgery) - 345 CW - 315. After enduring stage 4 breast cancer in 2010, I gained most of my weight back. I decided to return to my original doctor and request testing to find out if something went wrong with my original surgery. I was told everything was still in tact and I just need to start from SCRATCH! But I explained that I was able to eat a heck of a lot more. And that I would like options as to what can be done to tighten and/or revise my surgery.

I believe my doctor was so eager to NOT have any "revisions" needed that he just sent me away - RUDELY! So I decided to ask around and seek a second opinion (of course - years later- because I believed there was something wrong with me). I followed his advise - but still believed something was wrong. Fast forward. I met a woman in my SAME situation and she referred me to her doctor for help. NOW, I am just waiting for an appointment.

I will be researching the duodenal switch. I was never given this as an option. I am so excited for you.

Hi ChocoSnowBunny, First, so sorry to hear you had cancer, I can't even imagine how devastating that can be and praying you never have to go through that again. Second, I'm so glad you went for another opinion. My surgeon told me not to be hard on myself because of gaining weight back because it was the surgery that failed not the other way around. Patients with a very high BMI that have the gastric bypass, will most likely gain half or all weight back because it's not the right surgery but back in 2006, even though the duodenal switch was being done, it wasn't as popular as the gastric bypass. I researched this and my doctor was right. My BMI was 55 back then. Don't be hard on yourself anymore and there is nothing wrong with you.

I hope you get your appointment soon. My best to you and I'm excited to hear about your journey also.

Hi ChocoSnowBunny, First, so sorry to hear you had cancer, I can't even imagine how devastating that can be and praying you never have to go through that again. Second, I'm so glad you went for another opinion. My surgeon told me not to be hard on myself because of gaining weight back because it was the surgery that failed not the other way around. Patients with a very high BMI that have the gastric bypass, will most likely gain half or all weight back because it's not the right surgery but back in 2006, even though the duodenal switch was being done, it wasn't as popular as the gastric bypass. I researched this and my doctor was right. My BMI was 55 back then. Don't be hard on yourself anymore and there is nothing wrong with you.

I hope you get your appointment soon. My best to you and I'm excited to hear about your journey also.

Omgosh, ChocoSnowBunny, it looks like i posted twice to you, i'm sorry, i'm still trying to learn this site.