Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 45+ year old women on here with gastric bypass experience?

Hi am 52 years old had gastric bypass October 19,2018. Am almost three years out and the best decision I ever made no regrets . My heights to was 350 am now 184 pounds but i exercise and lift weight . I am happy to say I have a tool to work with because losing weight on my own I couldn’t do it I have disc problems and thyroid issues but now they remove the thyroid issues so am left with the back issues but I still keep active . I can always adjust my tool and lose more weight but I stick to fruits , vegetables , Protein which Include Protein Shake and smoothies and my weight remains the same even through the pandemic

I'll be 61 soon. I had revision from VSG to bypass early last month, in August. I'm 30 lbs. down from my 10 day pre-op to the last time I weighed. Recent metabolism study says that our metabolism doesn't change until 60 years old, and after that 0.7% decrease every year after. https://www.studyfinds.org/human-metabolism-age-60/#:~:text=The study finds humans burn,only 0.7 percent per year.

Well, I have not had surgery yet, but have started the process. Going to have the bypass unless the doc says otherwise. I am 68 (!) years old, 4-11 and 195 lbs. Personally, the joy will be be fitting into allllll the clothes I have handing in my closet!

I’m 62 and will be having bypass surgery on 10/25. I’m so happy for this next chapter to begin.

I had a RNY at over 3 years ago at 53.
What do you want to know?

I'm 63 and had my surgery August 11, 2021. So far I've lost 52 lbs., and already I feel so much better. Less pain in the joints, walking is easier. I was told by my surgeon that my weight loss might be slower, but if 52 lbs in 7 weeks is slow, that's ok with me! Hang in there during the process required for your surgery approval - mine took five months., during which I embarked on a "farewell to food" tour and gained about 24 lbs. If I had known it would take that long, I don't think I would have indulged so much!

congratulations! A 52 lb weight loss in 7 weeks is amazing. WTG!

I turned 61 in September but had my surgery August 18, 2021. I’m 2 months out. I’ve lost over 35 lbs the first month. I continue to lose on a weekly basis. I’m not only counting pounds but inches too. Everyday it’s a struggle but I’m determined NOT to be the biggest one at the Christmas party again this year!

Hi! I’m 52, just had my gastric sleeve a few days ago on 10/20/21. I had uterine cancer at the beginning on 2021 and had a hysterectomy in March that cured that but did put me into sudden menopause. Currently I’m just dealing with the pain and trying to ingest enough Water and Protein, much harder that I thought. Also put on a few pounds with the surgery so I’m waiting to see the numbers on the scale start to go down.

Hi I'm 65 and had bariatric surgery in 2008. Was 300 lb lost $175 lb took about a year I guess. Kept weight off for a good 10 years 2 years ago started gaining weight now I'm up to 200. Not sure what changed did have an ulcer had to have balloons surgery twice to help repair it. Also in the last 2 years I have stretched out my pouch definitely and my hormones are all messed up because I have cravings which I never had before and overeating which I never could do before wish me luck I'm trying to change it all around again