Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It happened- I got canceled

Assuming that your insurance is associated with your husband's job, then you will be offered a continuation of it under COBRA - it's a legal requirement for the employer. You pay the full cost rather than the partial cost you paid as an employee, but it's usually much less than what you will find on the open market or Obamacare exchanges (unless you qualify for a substantial subsidy - you have to check it out and run the numbers.) Under COBRA, it will be the same insurance and rules that you are already used to in your husband's plan, so there should be no problem requalifying for the surgery; under an Obamacare (Covered California, here) the benefits, costs and deductibles may be different, and varied depending upon plan chosen, but it should still be covered here in Calif.

Good luck in working through this, despite the current bad luck!

4 hours ago, JennyHIA said:

I had mine Aug 2nd and was literally holding my breath thinking the same was going to happen to me.

Congratulations! Time to update your profile when you feel up to it.

I literally posted about this a couple weeks ago. I was worried that with surging covid cases, they would shut down the elective surgeries again. My surgery was scheduled for tomorrow. This morning about 10 am, the nurses called me to give me instructions for pre-surgery. Then they called me at noon to tell me they were canceling me.

The worst part is that my husband lost his job, and I’m losing my insurance. This isn’t going to happen for me. I’m devastated. I’ve been crying since they told me. I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do now. I’ve been on liquids for a week. I just feel like.... I have jumped through every one of the hoops for this insurance. I waited months the first time the hospitals were shut down. Finally got a consult. Finally got a date. Made it to THE DAY BEFORE.... I just don’t even know.
Have you heard anything regading the date for surgery?

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

With a job loss, you might qualify for state insurance, and most medicaid insurance covers bariatric surgery now.

I wish you hugs and luck, hang in there it is just a bump in the road, but the road is still there.

I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you. It must be so frustrating & disappointing. I hope things work out & you can be rescheduled soon. 🤞

Ugh, cancellations suck. I was supposed to be May 3, but found out 10 days before that it was canceled due to Covid surge. I had my surgery 4 weeks later.

Ugh, cancellations suck. I was supposed to be May 3, but found out 10 days before that it was canceled due to Covid surge. I had my surgery 4 weeks later.

Really? Where do you live? Mi e got canceled today, after doing my registration and getti g my Covid test done. It's a bummer [emoji53]

2 minutes ago, Veronica-FS said:

Really? Where do you live? Mi e got canceled today, after doing my registration and getti g my Covid test done. It's a bummer

I had also done my covid testing & registration at the hospital. Literally all that was left was to go back for the procedure. It was heartbreaking. No beds. I called today to find out if they might know when they might be able to start rescheduling, and they just said no, we have to take it day by day. Not holding my breath.

On 08/09/2021 at 23:56, SierraMama said:

I got notified today as well. My surgery was supposed to be on the 24th 😔 I feel your pain ❤

I’m so sorry for the super disappointment SierraMama and Tinyhounds and everyone this can or will happen to. I keep saying to myself that long term goals take a long time. This may be me too. I’m going to call the WL therapist and refocus on smaller goals today.

11 hours ago, Veronica-FS said:

Really? Where do you live?

I had my surgery in Toronto, Ontario. They canceled all non-emergent surgeries for almost a months in the entire province during the last Covid wave.

I had my surgery in Toronto, Ontario. They canceled all non-emergent surgeries for almost a months in the entire province during the last Covid wave.
Wow! It's sad to know that we have to go through this again, and surgeries have to be canceled... And we have to start the labs, liquid diet, covid test etc aver again. :(

I had also done my covid testing & registration at the hospital. Literally all that was left was to go back for the procedure. It was heartbreaking. No beds. I called today to find out if they might know when they might be able to start rescheduling, and they just said no, we have to take it day by day. Not holding my breath.
Are you with Dr. Suh?