Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you looking forward to ?

So funny you mention that. I’m going to see my favorite band in a couple weeks for three days and I’ve never been able to wear the official shirts, sometimes lot shirts were big enough but usually not. I’ve already bought a few online and am SOOO ready for these shows. Even fat I’d dance like an idiot (like seriously, think Elaine from Seinfeld meets Frankenstein’s monster)…, now I’ll just be the tall guy dancing like an idiot, not “awww look at that fat guy try.”
Ha ha ha. I never let fat keep me from dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld
either. [emoji23]
Enjoy your shows! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/3/2021 at 4:07 PM, AshleyS said:

I think what I'm most excited for is when I finally get out of the plus size section and can shop in so many different places. I'm so tired of the overpriced plus size clothing and the ugly options they give!!! I'm also curious to see how differently I'm treated when I'm out and about. I've heard it's quite the adjustment. I'm also looking forward to having more energy to go out and do things like hiking, fishing, camping, amusement parks, rides etc. I was pretty down and unmotivated and I'm really looking forward to feeling excited to go do things again.

Yes! I am definitely looking forward to more clothing options!

On 8/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, vikingbeast said:

I have an entire list.

- Go off all my meds (BP meds, hormone meds, etc.)

- Maybe lose my CPAP.

- Fit in a kayak.

- Run a sub-10 mile.

- Do a pull-up.

- Go back to being able to ride horses.

- No more seatbelt extenders on airplanes.

- No more sitting down gingerly to see if the chair will hold me.

- Increased mobility (palms on floor)

- No more "we'd like a table, not a booth, please"

There's more but that's the big stuff.

I am so looking forward to being able to sit comfortably and not live in fear that the chair is going to give out from under me.

My BIL had RNY almost 3 years ago and lost 240 lbs. He broke many chairs in his heavy days, but he no longer has that fear and doesn't have to carry around his own chair anymore.

Or the fear that the chair might get caught on my butt and I’ll stand up and take it with me. 😜. At my heaviest there was one conference room at work that the arms of the chair cut so deeply into my legs I had almost permanent sore bruises on the side of my legs. Every meeting there was a constant reminder of how fat I was and how I didn’t fit.

155 lobs down and I have multiple inches on either side of me in those chairs. I don’t even come close to the arms now. It’s amazing how things like this can just make your whole day.

Or the fear that the chair might get caught on my butt and I’ll stand up and take it with me. [emoji12]. At my heaviest there was one conference room at work that the arms of the chair cut so deeply into my legs I had almost permanent sore bruises on the side of my legs. Every meeting there was a constant reminder of how fat I was and how I didn’t fit.

155 lobs down and I have multiple inches on either side of me in those chairs. I don’t even come close to the arms now. It’s amazing how things like this can just make your whole day.
I definitely had that happen at my highest weight. I've taken more than 1 chair with me! [emoji23]
I'm 172 pounds down, and it's still weird that I fit into chairs now. I still find myself checking out chairs at places wondering if they'll fit, and then I realize "Oh wait! I don't have to worry about that anymore!"
I've been bruised from chairs like the ones you described in the conference room. I don't miss that!

While in the weight loss stage I never realized something that would eventually become something I look forward to. And that is comments and conversations with people that don't know my weight history! Yesterday I went to "Preadmission testing" for my second round of plastic surgery scheduled for Monday. As the nurse directed me to the scale she made the comment "let me make sure this is at zero, but you are so tiny you probably don't care what it says." My response was, "oh yes I do care, that's why I'm wearing my lightest weight dress and flip flops!" I then told her my story about when my doctors offices changed their scales from pounds to KG and the first time I weighed it read 110 KG! I was devastated and all I could think about was darn-that's how much I should weigh in pounds! That mean't I weighed 2.2 times as much as I should! Her comment was, "Well, if you hadn't told me that, I would never guess that you ever weighed a pound more than you do now! And just so you know, you look really sexy in that dress!" I have to admit...times like that make me feel so proud of the hard work I put into this journey!

4 hours ago, STLoser said:

I definitely had that happen at my highest weight. I've taken more than 1 chair with me!
I'm 172 pounds down, and it's still weird that I fit into chairs now. I still find myself checking out chairs at places wondering if they'll fit, and then I realize "Oh wait! I don't have to worry about that anymore!"
I've been bruised from chairs like the ones you described in the conference room. I don't miss that!

I’ve never taken a chair with me but have broken a lawn chair or two in my day. The ma and pa auto place near me has these lawn chairs that have to be like 50 years old and the girl chuckled when I paused and said don’t worry they won’t break. I swear the entire time I was Sitting like a statue.

I’ve never taken a chair with me but have broken a lawn chair or two in my day. The ma and pa auto place near me has these lawn chairs that have to be like 50 years old and the girl chuckled when I paused and said don’t worry they won’t break. I swear the entire time I was Sitting like a statue.
Ha ha. That reminds me. We had these plastic lawn chairs.. They were designed for bigger people, but I was still over the weight limit, and we had the a while so they were kind of brittle. I was sitting on our deck one day and the chair just totally collapsed under me. It must have looked like a building imploding! [emoji23]

Believe it or not, I'm *tired already of buying new clothes because I need smallet sizes. You have to buy so many. I finally went through my old clothes at my ex-husband's house that he was storing for me and I'm already too small for some of my favorite old clothes!!! *I missed out on so much time with my girls while they were growing up because I couldn't go with them. I'm starting to go out with them again, but they're adults now! Even though the covid isn't helping. I think they have resentments. *It used to be flying again and not worrying about fitting or people staring. *Being able to go to my daughters apartment and being able to climb the steps without dying! Haven't been there yet. I offered a few times, but she said it would be too hard for me. That's not humiliating! *I want to say being confident, but I don't think I ever will feel thin unless I'm looking in the mirror. That's the down side of this for me. I've even started taking selfies (which I hated people doing before) just so I can see that I'm thinner. * Getting double knee replacement so I can walk. * Skin removal surgery or Tummy Tuck. * Dating again? Hard enough after 23 years of marriage, but I don't think I'll ever feel confident.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, summerseeker said:

Yes I feel this way too. Many times I have the jitters at the last minute and dont go. Being told to isolate indoors during these covid times hasnt helped either. I feel as if I have to kick my self out of the door now

I have the same problem. I get full anxiety and start to sweat. I just went to my first family reunion in probably a decade. Was scared to death. Last time I went to one my aunt said, oh I didn't recognize you. You put so much weight on! Well, thank you! My aunts are all gone now and my cousins my own age were very supportive! It felt great! But that's family. Friends you haven't seen are different. Haven't gotten the nerve up to do that yet.

I look forward to buying an entire new wardrobe that is actually my taste!!
Also hiking, biking, running, going out and feeling confident in my own skin. 😁
Seeing my friends from high school and not feeling embarrassed 🙈 having the confidence to go to a concert 🎵 

Oh I do love a list.

-No longer needing to take Nexium. (fingers crossed on this one)

-Fitting into vehicle seats without the crippling self-consciousness.

-Sleeping better without the apnea and snoring.

-No more sore feet and the hobbling it causes.

-Getting fit and hitting the gym again.

-Getting back down to an AU size 12 and being able to wear more sustainable clothes (NONE of the sustainable labels go above a 14 - and I'm keen to go thrift shopping)

-Being able to buy clothes I want to wear, rather than just what fits.

-Getting my chin back. It's pointy, and I miss it.

-Food no longer consuming my life.

-Getting my social life back.

-Getting my libido back.

-Being happy to have my photo taken.

-No longer being a shut-in. AKA - rejoining the world and living again.