Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

101 pounds GONE pic included

Good job! You must feel so good.

Good job! You must feel so amazing.

Awesome work!

Congrats! Now, can we do something about that Steelers shirt?

I am a Pittsburgher - born and raised. Got lots of Steelers gear. Lol

Steeler Nation

Amazing! Such an inspiration!

19 hours ago, TheBusierBee said:

Wow....what did you do Diva. Amazing...God bless you.

If you don't mind me asking...what did you do post surgery that resulted in this ..as in sort of a checklist of things to do or avoid.

Thanks

In response to your question:

I follow the rules established by my surgeon: No drinking with meals- wait 30 minutes. Keep Protein between 60-80 g daily, drink at least 64 oz of Fluid daily. I do not eat until I am full. I measure everything and keep my portions below 1/2 cup or 4 oz of protein and then add some veggies or fruit as the sides.

From Day 1 after surgery I use the Baritastic app and track everything. I use measuring cups/spoons and bought a digital food scale. I weigh all my carbs (fruit/veggies) in grams. For instance instead of logging 5 strawberries I weigh them in grams and enter that. I pre-plan or log each meal before I make it. Sometimes I plan the entire day so that I can swap things out if needed to meet protein goals and keep the carbs and fat where I want them to be. I generally got to the higher end of the protein range (80 grams) as soon as I could tolerate it. I meet the fluid goals most days. I use a lot of Powerade zero, crystal light as well as Water.

I started walking after surgery and worked up to 30 minutes twice a day, every day. I bought a fitness tracker for motivation/accountability. My steps range between 10K and 16K daily. I listen to podcasts related to WLS or post op sleeve etc. I find it helps me learn new things. I also check this board and a few other sites frequently to stay motivated and see what works and what does not. I also attend the support groups offered by my surgeon's office.

Most days I eat 3 meals and a snack between lunch and dinner and a snack in the evening. The Snacks are small and are accounted for in my tracking. I weigh myself every morning and do measurements in baritastic app every 2-3 weeks. If we are going to eat at a restaurant I budget/pre-plan the day and check out the menu before going so I know exactly what to order.

4 weeks after surgery I began using light dumbbells for curls and arm exercises around the house. 4 months post op I joined a gym for weight training. I was going 3x a week until I had to have emergency gall bladder removal in July. I am planning to start the weightlifting again later this week (post op 4 weeks from gall bladder surgery now).

Hope that helps! Good luck on your journey.